Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Blanket silents are gone

Hello everyone as you may have seen blanket silents seem to be gone. Many people pointed that this is the way to go but in the current stated of the game where small coordinated burst cycles win the game I wonder how most casters will protect their burst. SP DP, Fmage DF and so on... and specially since most of them lack of a stun.

Discuss

My hunter still has Silencing Shot... My priest has Silence... I don't know what you mean.. Blanket silences haven't gone anywhere.

Edit: I know mages lost imp cs.. But that's about it. & I really really don't understand that nerf... Is that really why baddies were crying about mages?
    Last edited by soblazed; 2012-12-23 at 01:09 PM.

Deleted
    I don't know why, but I have a feeling that a lot of these patch notes will be scrapped or (re-)changed.
    And as a mage, I have mixed feelings about the counterspel nerf. I can't just put my finger on it lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soblazed View Post
    My hunter still has Silencing Shot... My priest has Silence... I don't know what you mean.. Blanket silences haven't gone anywhere.

Edit: I know mages lost imp cs.. But that's about it. & I really really don't understand that nerf... Is that really why baddies were crying about mages?
    lock's spell lock was removed aswell, not even sure if they keep the interrupt component also hunters and priests might go the same way for keeping it equal maybe priests still keep it though due to the longer CD. I'm just trieing to see the impact on this before the next season turns out a melee cleave fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    I don't know why, but I have a feeling that a lot of these patch notes will be scrapped or (re-)changed.
    And as a mage, I have mixed feelings about the counterspel nerf. I can't just put my finger on it lol.
    True, they will probably not go out like this. Ahahahah I have mixed feelings aswell but I think that there are other cc's to be changed.
    Last edited by mmoce2532cddcf; 2012-12-23 at 01:26 PM.

You don't understand it because you're bad.

This is a very good change, finally a good change from blizzard.

Having both an interrupt+blanket in one was retarded, now it's an interrupt like it's supposed to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good change.

Now put interrupts back on GCD and it's perfect.

SPs will never lose the blanket silence and neither will hunters lose silence shot, so dont except imp cs and spell lock changes to go live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    now it's an interrupt like it's supposed to be.
    To be a good change, that must be consistent within all the classes.
    They already removed the damage of frost mages in pvp ( and even further in 5.2 so far ), taking the utility of the class is way too much. Utility is what's left of mages in pvp tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    SPs will never lose the blanket silence and neither will hunters lose silence shot, so dont except imp cs and spell lock changes to go live.
    if they DID nerf those 2, i'd hope they increase the lockout time. otherwise silencing shot especially would be quite useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    You don't understand it because you're bad.

This is a very good change, finally a good change from blizzard.

Having both an interrupt+blanket in one was retarded, now it's an interrupt like it's supposed to be.

where did the big bad mage touch you? Learn to play... Quit crying

& Who are you to say what a classes ability is "supposed" to be? I didn't realize you worked for blizzard. If you're really having trouble with mages after the first nerfs, the change to counterspell won't help you out bud. Just uninstall.
    Last edited by soblazed; 2012-12-23 at 01:51 PM.

Ghostcrawler balances the game for 1500 rated idiots, this change is further proof.

Blankets have been fine for 8 years, but suddenly when everyone complains about pvp - ghostcrawler cracks and implements 100 retarded changes with this being one of them. There is also a double standard where some classses keep blankets but others don't, which makes no sense. Ghostcrawler also spent 2 months telling us "CC is in a good place" and "we feel burst damage is fine" but then suddenly he reverses course and changes his mind. He can't admit that he screwed up.

There are already counters to blankets, a lot of them - every healer has some type of aura mastery ability (except druids) so this is silly. Furthermore, every class has major instant heal cooldowns. I doubt this will go live, but considering how retarded ghostcrawler is, you never know.

The game has problems, blankets are far from the issue. Stupid change. If anything, they should nerf the mage 2 piece bonus which lowers the CS cooldown. Removing warlock/mage blanket altogether? Stupid and a double standard.
    Last edited by velnis; 2012-12-23 at 02:05 PM.

& Who are you to say what a classes ability is "supposed" to be? I didn't realize you worked for blizzard. If you're really having trouble with mages after the first nerfs, the change to counterspell won't help you out bud. Just uninstall.
    Think you missed the part where Blizzard said they wanna get away from instant CCs and blanket silences.

I mean, having an instant CC is fine, but it has to have a cost and/or a big CD. Same for silences. I think the next one to go would be hunter's silencing shot (24 sec CD, no focus cost, not sure if it's on the GCD). A good example of a nice blanket silence is Strangulate from DKs. 2 min CD, not on the GCD and cost a blood rune (and we can't macro it into Blood Tap anymore).

The nerf isn't directed at mages particularly, it's just that the game is going another direction

EDIT: Meant ON the GCD, instead of NOT on
    Last edited by Damaros; 2012-12-23 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damaros View Post
    Think you missed the part where Blizzard said they wanna get away from instant CCs and blanket silences.

I mean, having an instant CC is fine, but it has to have a cost and/or a big CD. Same for silences. I think the next one to go would be hunter's silencing shot (24 sec CD, no focus cost, not sure if it's on the GCD). A good example of a nice blanket silence is Strangulate from DKs. 2 min CD, not on the GCD and cost a blood rune (and we can't macro it into Blood Tap anymore).

The nerf isn't directed at mages particularly, it's just that the game is going another direction
    They also aren't moving away from blankets. They are applying a double standard where some classes have them (DK's, spriests, hunters, etc) and some don't. There are already numerous counters to blankets - shamans, priests, monks, paladins all have aura mastery abilities. On top of this, they all have either NS or huge instant heal cooldowns. If they remove blankets they should remove every aura mastery type ability and every instant heal - there is no need for this as they were fine for 8 years, and the only ones that whine about this are 1500 bracket crappers.

Its a sad day when ghostcrawler starts implementing stupid changes from 1500 bracket players that backpedal.
    Last edited by velnis; 2012-12-23 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damaros View Post
    A good example of a nice blanket silence is Strangulate from DKs. 2 min CD, not on the GCD and cost a blood rune (and we can't macro it into Blood Tap anymore).
    It IS on the GCD.

What the fuck are you on about? I play mage and approve of this change, having interrupt & blanket in one ability was skill-less. Now it'll atleast require you to react instead of mindlessly blanket silencing someone.

Pretty sure I know how to play, as I do not need skill-less blankets to win.

It isn't really a double standard. Priest and hunter were only silences while Mage/lock/warriors were lock out and silence.... Now they are split. You get on or the other not both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    It IS on the GCD.
    I actually meant ON the GCD, I guess that's what happens when I don't take my morning coffee -.-

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why not wait until the PTR is actually out before you comment on changes that may or may not make it to the live game?
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by velnis View Post
    They also aren't moving away from blankets. They are applying a double standard where some classes have them (DK's, spriests, hunters, etc) and some don't. There are already numerous counters to blankets - shamans, priests, monks, paladins all have aura mastery abilities. On top of this, they all have either NS or huge instant heal cooldowns. If they remove blankets they should remove every aura mastery type ability and every instant heal - there is no need for this as they were fine for 8 years, and the only ones that whine about this are 1500 bracket crappers.

Its a sad day when ghostcrawler starts implementing stupid changes from 1500 bracket players that backpedal.
    Well, 5.2 isn't even on the PTR yet. So things can change, and fast.

But I think they really want to make blanket silences a decision you make. Being able to silence someone without any real drawbacks every 20ish seconds isn't skill demanding or doesn't require any thoughts. In my opinion though, if they removed mage's and lock's silences, they should remove the hunter one, or either put it on a much longer CD/make it just an interrupt that locks you out.

As for spriests, it is already on a long CD, but I do believe they deserve a nerf and they haven't been touch by anything yet. So I think changing theirs too in the next few days would only be logical.

interrupts shouldn't have silences on them, you shouldn't get rewarded for getting juked.

Not to mention that CS was the best silence in the game(4s blanket, 7s school lockout, 20s CD with pvp bonus.)
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Why are you people comparing blanket silences on double+ the CD to interrupts?!
    They're completely different abilities.

and for the sake of it
    Priest silence - 5s silence 45s CD
    Strangulate - 1 rune, 2min CD, 5s(7s on cast) silence
    Silencing shot - 3s silence, 20s CD
    Counterspell - 20s CD, 4s silence(7s interrupt on cast)

Do you realize how out of whack CS is compared to the rest of those?
    Last edited by Lassira; 2012-12-23 at 02:31 PM.