Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The new one looks amazing. It looks older. More experienced. More war-torn. This is a beast that was injured in battles and came out ontop through sheer force of will.

This Gryphon is a veteran of war. Awarded to heroes who, themselves, are veterans. I love mine.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The freaking beak needs to be fixed on new model.....that is not correct beak for Gryphons....it needs to be smooth with no jag bump in the middle of the beak....and if they are showing it as a white head then that too needs to be cleaned up...make it white not snowy dirty grey...

10+ Year Old Account
    The old gryphon's got canoodling with a vulture and made babies ^^
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    That is true about the ears, but not true about plummage (that's like saying different color hair/eyes/skin = different species).

OP, how about this as a "dirty bird" gryphon...

http://etckitty2006.deviantart.com/a...phon-192256433

It's gorgeous.

The eyes have it too!
    Hah.... something about it looks... weird, the over-sized head, the odd looking ears... can't put my finger on it.

The new one is fine, all a matter of personal taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Compare it with the picture of a real bald eagle and tell me what head looks more realistic...
    Because they're constantly being used to wage war in Krasarang. Duh?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    What's wrong with you people? seriously, you complain about every little damn thing, can't you just be happy?

Deleted
    Just be damn happy that you got something new and shiny to pose of in your Shrines instead of complaining such small differences, still looks like a Gryphon if you ask me.
    And if you hand it someone who never player WoW he would say thats a damn Gryphon, calm down and be happy. A discussion about something you get as a vanity reward is nothing I would complain about, there is way worse in the game.

Blizzard did not cling to the Eagle Beak so what ? Eagles are already in the game and they have this beak, so Gryphons get a new one thats not all smooth.
    And if you start complaining about it not being realistic you are wrong in a fantasy game. Take a look at other games, are you complaining that those ugly lizard things in SW:tor or whatever is called not look exactly like the Dinosaurs depicted in your books ?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Again with those delusions of yours...
    Warcraft lore is based on D&D, but its not same. How can you otherwise explain countless of other shit that deviates from D&D.
    Warcraft lore is based on Warhammer, not D&D.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Warcraft lore is based on Warhammer, not D&D.
    At root, everything goes to D&D, which goes to Tolkien.

What I was getting at was the fact that Kevyne thinks that every D&D rule applies to warcraft, which is bullshit.

Blizzard gryphons:

This is how Alliance Gryphons always looked - the gryphon pet also looked that way. This new one is an abomination.
    Aye, the old ones are looking great. This new one is an abomination, looking real bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    At root, everything goes to D&D, which goes to Tolkien.

What I was getting at was the fact that Kevyne thinks that every D&D rule applies to warcraft, which is bullshit.
    And Tolkien took it from real-world lore from different eras and locales.

And they got it from word-of-mouth stories and filler explanations in stead of actual knowledge.

And that stemmed from experiences some tribal shamans had from eating berries.

And the berries got it from atoms of exploded stars.

The iron of which is now running through your blood.

@_@

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    And Tolkien took it from real-world lore from different eras and locales.

And they got it from word-of-mouth stories and filler explanations in stead of actual knowledge.

And that stemmed from experiences some tribal shamans had from eating berries.

And the berries got it from atoms of exploded stars.

The iron of which is now running through your blood.

@_@
    I thought I wouldnt need to expand on this, but thanks for help anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought I wouldnt need to expand on this, but thanks for help anyway.
    ...and the electrons within the atoms... :V

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    The new one looks amazing. It looks older. More experienced. More war-torn. This is a beast that was injured in battles and came out ontop through sheer force of will.

This Gryphon is a veteran of war. Awarded to heroes who, themselves, are veterans. I love mine.
    And has DK (dead) eyes.

Maybe those electrons went some where they never should've went! lol
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Why are the old models so ugly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saakul View Post
    What's wrong with you people? seriously, you complain about every little damn thing, can't you just be happy?
    Never took art in even high school?

Critiques are like this. You would never have wanted to be Picasso, especially in front of art critics!
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I agree with the OP. The textures look good imo but it has polygons sticking out all over the place. It just looks like the mesh exploded when it started moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Yeah, like we see eagles with literally glowing eyes and classify them as eagles.

Darwin has got to be really rolling in his grave now...
    Since When is Darwin in Warcraft?
    Also, when are you going to start complain magic are not scientific in this game?

By the way I agree with OP.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2012-12-24 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post
    Since When is Darwin in Warcraft?
    Humans should by all rights be dead in setting like warcraft, yet they prosper. Darwin would go insane in warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard can make Gryphons the way they want to make them.....it's their World of Warcraft. Also they change everything relating to classes and areas and old dungeons....heck people have been crying for new character models for years....are you going to cry when your precious Alliance models don't "look clean enough" for you?