Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Unhappy Why are the new Gryphons so dirty?

It would be nice if they could clean up the new Gryphon models.
    They look very dirty compared to the old ones:

And their beaks look deformed, not like a eagle beak,

more like a Dodo beak:
    Last edited by Kryos; 2012-12-23 at 02:28 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, you alliance wanted your faction to be more dark and dirty and doing bad stuff, you got it, so don't try handing it back now.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it's to appeal to the kids, where "badder" is good to them.

Would prefer a nice eagle look though. Very majestic bird, with eyes that are all seeing.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not dirty. It's just not white. I like the new model, and hope they make a white one some day.

It's the war of MoP. In times of war there is just less of a chance to clean your rides up. Once things cool down I'm sure more people will take their gryphons through the wash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Hey, you alliance wanted your faction to be more dark and dirty and doing bad stuff, you got it, so don't try handing it back now.
    Huh?

Hardly. That's a dev's decision when they made Horde look like third world refugees, complete with tearing down rain forests and open pit mining for resources.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

not white = dirty?
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post
    not white = dirty?
    Was wondering why folks were focusing on that, considering the OP was discussing the shape/form of the new griffons, especially the deformed (mottling) beak.

I also can add the corrupted eyes also are out of place, when eagle eyes are fierce and clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why there's a question. It's obvious that they probably just wanted a grittier looking gryphon.

It looks more realistic and detailed.
    Bigger than Life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Um, not?

Also, the gryphon is pretty ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Djolisimo View Post
    It looks more realistic and detailed.
    Compare it with the picture of a real bald eagle and tell me what head looks more realistic...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Was wondering why folks were focusing on that, considering the OP was discussing the shape/form of the new griffons, especially the deformed (mottling) beak.

I also can add the corrupted eyes also are out of place, when eagle eyes are fierce and clear.
    Because his main point (and thread title) is about them being "dirty". Also, those are Azerothian gryphons, not eagles. That's why they don't look like eagles.

Gryphon does not equal Eagle....and they don't look like Dodos at all

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because his main point (and thread title) is about them being "dirty". Also, those are Azerothian gryphons, not eagles. That's why they don't look like eagles.
    Gryphon is the original spelling of griffin, a legendary creature with the head, talons, and wings of an eagle and the body of a lion. And the dodo-part is the beak.

Deleted
    Blizzard put their own fantasy into the Gryphon animal, i think the beak is apropriate and i like the colour, i don't like the eyes though.

Also the trolls in WoW don't look like real trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Blizzard put their own fantasy into the Gryphon animal, i think the beak is apropriate and i like the colour, i don't like the eyes though.
    Blizzard gryphons:

This is how Alliance Gryphons always looked - the gryphon pet also looked that way. This new one is an abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Huh?

Hardly. That's a dev's decision when they made Horde look like third world refugees, complete with tearing down rain forests and open pit mining for resources.
    More like unwashed colonialists from the 17th century. Just as dirty, but far more arrogant and bigoted, citing its their manfest destiny to loot, pillage and destroy. They should start putting Orcs in Redcoat uniforms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Compare it with the picture of a real bald eagle and tell me what head looks more realistic...
    Why are you comparing it to a real life eagle.... dafuq?

I think it looks great.. plenty more HD.