Thread: Dire Horns

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Maybe the family might also include the Stegadon?
    One can only hope!

My Human Hunter would LOVE some Dire Horns can't wait to see how they are!

Deleted
    i actually hopes its as good as its being hyped to be.

Personally i'm hoping for more than just the triceratops, perhaps the dire horn being a family including Pterradactyl from Un'goro/ the new models, ( And if i wish hard enough that would include the feathered model as well.) And please don't make it an exotic,a class quest for one spec would really disappoint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesarous View Post
    Personally i'm hoping for more than just the triceratops, perhaps the dire horn being a family including Pterradactyl from Un'goro/ the new models, ( And if i wish hard enough that would include the feathered model as well.) And please don't make it an exotic,a class quest for one spec would really disappoint.
    i hope it is triceratops or stegasaurus etc.

and yeah all specs should be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    i hope it's not bm only, but by the name it probably is.... i want a dinosaur as a pet for all specs damn it!
    Raptor?

What I want is one of those new triceratops >.>

Please blizzard, not only BM pet, please, Survival hunters and Marksman want love too, please.

Ummm, F dire horns, let me tame this (BTW, PTR 5.2 is live):

(and yes, I realize that's the World Boss)

http://i.imgur.com/Jzrsa.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    What if Dire Horns were one of those sweet types of new mounts, and we would have to tame one in order to have acess to it as a 'class' mount? *-*

Please, Blizzard, make it happen!
    yeah that would be freaking awesome cuz i wnna ride my monkey so badly
    hunter should ride there pets why not ?

What if "dire horns" just are stags?
    Think about that ....

Many fine folks over at Petopia have more or less come to the conclusion that Dire Horns are indeed the triceratops based on datamined spells. There also appears to be a quest line involving them for hunters if I read the Petopia thread correctly. Appears they wont be BM only.

Please do not read the above information as pure truth. At this point its still not 100% verified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Many fine folks over at Petopia have more or less come to the conclusion that Dire Horns are indeed the triceratops based on datamined spells. There also appears to be a quest line involving them for hunters if I read the Petopia thread correctly. Appears they wont be BM only.

Please do not read the above information as pure truth. At this point its still not 100% verified.
    Been reading this as well. They're not going to be superior in any way, it's just something neat for hunters to get which in my opinion is the way to go. Also, cheers on not being spec dependent.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperbolt View Post
    What if "dire horns" just are stags?
    Think about that ....
    Stags have antlers, which are different from horns. Also, a triceratops fits in better with the Zandalari stuff that they got going on, what with Dinomancers and such.

I'm very surprised that we haven't seen an indication yet that they'll be exotic pets. It would make it the only non-exotic pet that will have an additional special ability (that actually does something, I don't count Play).

And I'm really wondering about the exact mechanics of their channeled deflection for raiding purposes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I'm very surprised that we haven't seen an indication yet that they'll be exotic pets. It would make it the only non-exotic pet that will have an additional special ability (that actually does something, I don't count Play).

And I'm really wondering about the exact mechanics of their channeled deflection for raiding purposes...
    I agree, however after pretty much revealing that there would be a quest involved, it became assumed that it wouldn't be spec specific, which is welcomed but surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesarous View Post
    I'd be happy with the dire horn being the triceratops, and making the others just skins in an existing family. Terradax/pterodactyls could be any bird, and basilisks/crocolisks could get the diemetrodon skin from ungoro, and make stegodons a rhino skin.

As a troll hunter, I say bring on more dinos! How about a sauropod mount? I'm really digging this dinomancer stuff.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Stood in the Fire TheReptorGekko's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    I'd be happy with the dire horn being the triceratops, and making the others just skins in an existing family. Terradax/pterodactyls could be any bird, and basilisks/crocolisks could get the diemetrodon skin from ungoro, and make stegodons a rhino skin.

As a troll hunter, I say bring on more dinos! How about a sauropod mount? I'm really digging this dinomancer stuff.
    as a fellow troll hunter i agree white this cant w8 for dino pet/mounts and wude love even more. hige three

Ancient Zandalari Knowledge (New) Learn the ancient Zandalari secrets of taming Direhorns.

/schwing!
    "Hunters view nature as a force with which to ally. They spend much of their time with an animal companion. The bond that forms between the two is rather strong. To attack either is to bring down the wrath of both. With powerful attacks in melee and at range, and a friend willing to put its life on the line at your command, the Hunter makes a potent addition to any group."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they're in the game now (Ptr) but still unable to be tamed for some reason. Seems the ability hasn't been added yet or maybe it is indeed from a quest I haven't found. Anyway, there's all different colors. Looking forward to it. The new devilsaurs look rad, too.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Willing to bet dire horns are the triceratops style mobs we've seen all over the place.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)