Thread: Dire Horns

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Doubt the buff will be anything someone or some other pet doesn't already have... cos if it was something new that was actually useful this new pet would be mandatory.
    From what I've seen, I believe the "special" ability they get is like the adds on Sha of Fear, and Courage from Will. They will deflect all spells cast in front of them.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=137798

I decided to take a screenshot of a dire horn casting their special ability.

Also: I used stampede with 5 different direhorns and nothing happened even when I casted their ability. They were inside each other and I don't like that screenshot so here is just one.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-13 at 05:20 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post

Also: I used stampede with 5 different direhorns and nothing happened even when I casted their ability. They were inside each other and I don't like that screenshot so here is just one.
    so how did you manage to get the special ability? i've tamed like 20 of them and none of them have had it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsh View Post
    so how did you manage to get the special ability? i've tamed like 20 of them and none of them have had it.
    Dunno what to tell you. I've tamed two for the colors and they both had it. I'm survival and I had to pull the ability out of the spellbook if that makes any difference.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Or bring back pet talent trees where we can just choose what buff our pet will bring.
    There were never any pet talent trees like this. If anything you are probably confusing the original pet skills with group buffs. I.E. You could give your pet a ton of specific resistances or things like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Dunno what to tell you. I've tamed two for the colors and they both had it. I'm survival and I had to pull the ability out of the spellbook if that makes any difference.
    taming as survival did the trick

Deleted
    Little off-topic but I gotta say that they do look really cool. But sadly without an actual beneficial buff like mastery or crit I won't be walking around with one of these buggers.

Deleted

I wonder why Blizzard are saying Dire Horn Stampede is everything hunters dreamt of then

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    I wonder why Blizzard are saying Dire Horn Stampede is everything hunters dreamt of then
    A Nightmare is also a dream.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably just because of the aesthetic of a stampeding herd of triceratops. GC talks more about "fun" than effectiveness or class balance these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsh View Post
    taming as survival did the trick
    Well that's a little odd, but I'm glad it worked out. Makes ya wonder if they have something different in mind for BM.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

because enemies being trampled by a herd of triceratops is the single most epic thing since epicus maximus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Probably just because of the aesthetic of a stampeding herd of triceratops. GC talks more about "fun" than effectiveness or class balance these days.
    Yeah, cause I hate all that pesky enjoyment and entertainment ruining my $15-per-month theorycrafting chores.

I mean no one likes to play a game that's obviously broken, but no one wants to play one that isn't fun either.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

XD

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    because enemies being trampled by a herd of triceratops is the single most epic thing since epicus maximus.
    Not to me. Not that triceratops aren't cool, I just don't find the notion of 5 Dire Horns cooler than 5 Raptors or 5 Terrorpenes. Those to me are very cool.
    Last edited by gulder; 2013-01-14 at 02:08 PM.

Yeah, there is an aesthetic problem with Stampede since the pets are actually real pets and not an animation. Frankly, it's a sacrifice I'm ok with tho as it'd be less powerful otherwise.

(That said, I'm so happy Murder of Crows was turned into an animation)
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2013-01-14 at 02:31 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I can see it now in raids... "Every one stack behind the pet!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    I can see it now in raids... "Every one stack behind the pet!"
    That's going to be fun when bosses move or turn around, making the pet twitch and teleport all over the place.
    ...if this ever becomes reality, I'm so picking up Blink Strike. For 'science'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I'm so picking up Blink Strike. For 'science'.
    Blink strike is fun to kill the other faction on PvE servers. Make your pet tank a hard quest/rare mob that has a frontal cone attack. When a melee comes to join you, wait for the special attack and blink strike just before it.

Killed a lot of horde on my pve server this way while leveling.