Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Music videos are dead? Just look up videos like Gangam Style (heck, even Friday could be used as a bizarre example) and your whole point becomes invalid.

However, I can say that television is dead in its pre-internet era format. It is simply not worth having a TV license and needing to catch your favourite shows/movies when the channel wants you to watch it. The only way TV will be able to survive the ever increasing accessibility of the internet is if it makes its transition into your computer through the internet.

Deleted
    The X-files. The last movie wasn't much cop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    i think wow is dead
    This type of comment in non-WoW related threads on this site is certainly one dead horse trying to beat itself.

For me personally, TV is dead, and I expect it to die out slowly but surely in the coming years (decades)...
    There's just no arguments for watching something at a specific time only, in sub-par quality and while being bombarded with ads...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Well some of them aren't that great, but some are and two of them are native English speakers so I'd expect a full English album (if that's what they're doing, Wonder Girls promoted in America and never released a full English album, just an album with more English on it than normal like this song)

I'd except any song in full English aimed at the US would have Jessica/Tiffany having more lines than the rest. And possibly Seohyun who seems to have mastered pronouncing English before actually speaking it. Here's a good example of each members English skills, a year ago.

(I'd prefer them not to release a full English album too)
    Yeah, they would definitely need to let their native English speakers do most of the verses with everyone else singing back up. You're hilarious, Anakso, it feels like every time I talk to you you have a new SNSD video to show me that you seem to pull straight out of the woodwork. You could be Girls' Generation biggest fan Some of them certainly had questionable command of the language but Tiffany was obviously fluent. I'm actually so hot for Tiffany right now. Just look at those waists, man! Them be some hot Asians

Another point we didn't really address in foreign music is the actual novelty of the Korean/Japanese languages. I know personally I preferred Utada Hikaru's Japanese stuff simply because I like the sound of the language. Some people listen to K/J music because they actually enjoy those differences. For me part of the appeal of Asian music is that it doesn't sound like ours, when you take that away you just have more American music. I think you know as well as I do that most people who listen to K/J music don't speak the language, which points to other factors in their enjoyment. Maybe that's partly why I'm so against an English album; they don't need to be like us.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-12-25 at 11:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    95% of new cartoons on cartoon network look like they were made in 5 min (and they are total crap). Few examples:

Ben10 (new series), The amazing world of gumball (wtf is this shit-- looks like reality show), Adventure time (worst thing i ever watched), Lvl up (junk-- cheap made series) and so on.

So far i only liked those: The loney tunes show (but i hate voice actor for the beast) and Star wars
    However a good quality show are Ninja turtles 2012.

So in other words--- 98% of new catroons are piece of poo.

Its kinda same with anime (right now only good ones i have seen were one piece, hunter x hunter, sword art online and fairy tail)-- other is some romance and sport (wich is real life again).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

As Descense stated, cartoons. I'm not talking about the clever witty cartoons that many of us used to watch on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon. The days of the "Cartoon Cartoons" on Cartoon Network and stuff like Rugrats, Doug, AHHHH Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life, etc. Even the old Looney Toons. Stuff like that is a lost art.

Instead, kids are being presented with dumbed down garbage full of nothing but toilet humor and stuff that makes you feel like you're losing intelligence. And this sudden push of reality shows is awful as well on those networks. Sure, Nick used to have stuff like All That and Kenan and Kel which were extremely funny, but now we have stuff like "Dude, What Would Happen?" which is nothing but a bunch of morons talking like California stoners and doing pointless crap being fed to our kids.

Deleted
    FPS competative :/

Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post
    The Science Fiction TV genre. It's either vanished or become reduced to low budget reality rubbish.

My only thought on it is that all of the material has been used up. Space may be infinite, but imagination can have its limits.
    Yeah, had a trip down nostalgia lane the other day, started to watch the first season of X-files, holy shit, it looks like it was made in the 70s(everything from haircuts, clothes to computers etc) or something, can't believe how things have changed since that serie was the coolest shit since sliced whatever.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-12-26 at 03:34 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Saturday night TV
    Used to be action shows, and established stand up comedians
    now its
    Talent shows, and "reality" shows. not sure how real it is being trapped in a jungle having to put your head in a plastic box filled with snakes though.
    I agree, miss the good old saturday nights, catchphrase, The A-Team , Knightrider , The price is right..., The Fall Guy etc etc now its just complete bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    95% of new cartoons on cartoon network look like they were made in 5 min (and they are total crap). Few examples:

Ben10 (new series), The amazing world of gumball (wtf is this shit-- looks like reality show), Adventure time (worst thing i ever watched), Lvl up (junk-- cheap made series) and so on.

So far i only liked those: The loney tunes show (but i hate voice actor for the beast) and Star wars
    However a good quality show are Ninja turtles 2012.

So in other words--- 98% of new catroons are piece of poo.

Its kinda same with anime (right now only good ones i have seen were one piece, hunter x hunter, sword art online and fairy tail)-- other is some romance and sport (wich is real life again).
    You should watch more anime then, not just shounen.
    I'm currently following around 25 series of different genres.

And on topic; TV. I haven't actively(1h+ / day) watched TV in like 6 years, mainly due to commercials.

World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Video game/movie rental stores is an obvious one
    -Electronic stores aren't exactly dead but they are dying
    -Common sense, no one has it anymore
    -unique, original, and creative video games. It's always the same thing whether it be a first person military shooter or a third person military shooter or just some other first person or third person shooter. What happened to the good adventure/action/platformer games?
    -the music industry. Im sorry but it's dead to me, it sucks.

Edit: also my favorite cartoon channel Cartoon Network (CN). The only good ones I've seen was Adventure Time and The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack. The rest pretty much suck anymore. I miss the checkerboard Cartoon Network logo days where you had Dexter's Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls (yeah I watched the Powerpuff Girls big woop wanna fight about it?), Cow and Chicken, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johnny Bravo, Loony Tunes, Samurai Jack and so many other awesome shows. All those good cartoons are getting the Boomerang treatment now and making me feel old.

That's all I can think of for now.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-12-26 at 05:20 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted

These things, kids went crazy over em in the 90's.

Privacy is dead. Screw facebook and twitter and all that crap. I dont need someone else posting i was somewhere. If i want you to know about it i will tell you myself.

Radio stations

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Religion, some are still just slow on grasping it.
    This.

I will also say that trash metal like what we had from Megadeth/Mettalica are dead to. I really try to look for bands, but NOTHING, zero....shit nothing, ¤#%#¤%#¤, can be found that makes this music. So Im stuck listening to 30 year old songs, go me!

Edit: Also kinda sad reading the OP's post about rock radio. Now days I despise anything radio, its fucking horrible. It just makes you wanna "YA ALL WANT A SINGLE SAY FUCK THAT" and smash you're head into a wall.

I actually listened alot to DAB radio some years ago, kinda like early WOTLK times (Yes, Im sad I renember time by wow exspansions...), but they closed that down aswell, and then they planned to start something else, but that was scraped 99%. They had alot of classic rock, and that wasen't all for me, but it was still great to hear all thoes classic rock songs, and learn about The who, Beatles and so on.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-12-26 at 10:51 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone say Saturday morning cartoons? Man, the stuff you see on Saturday mornings now is total garbage. Kids used to wake up at 7am on Saturday to get a jump on cartoons and we stayed in front of the TV until noon. I remember when new seasons of cartoons would launch. There used to be commercials for two months prior on major networks in major time-slots announcing that the new season of Scooby Doo started soon. It was big like Thursday-night programming, but for kids... on the weekend. Toys would launch in stores to sync up with Saturday morning cartoons. That trend is definitely dead.

The spider is just killed!..

90's cartoons

All that is in tv for kids right now is shitty computer made shows. I miss good cartoons
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ