Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is Blizzard trolling DK's?

See above. Why does blizzard do that with us? The problems with Unholy or DK's in general were mentioned a lot of times in the forums.

Crappy survivability.
    Lacking CC.
    Mobility is meh as well.

The new buffs are useless. They don't do anything to unholy at least in pvp. Look at it from these perspectives:

Death Siphon now heals for 150% of the damage dealt (was 100%).
    Useless change. No one will pick it anyways

Conversion now costs 5 Runic Power plus 5 per second thereafter (was 10 Runic Power plus 10 per second).
    Might be a viable choice now but in the end ghoul sac is still better and with the way our rune system works (spending runepower for runes) this is a huge dps loss compared to ghoul sac with no cost so we can basicly ignore this buff as well.

Reaping now also applies to Icy Touch.
    Why? No one asked for that we need festering strike anyways to keep up dots and chains of ice in pvp.

Summon Gargoyle no longer costs Runic Power.

/golfclap. This basicly gives us 1-2 more death coils every...3...minutes...This is such a minor change no one will even feel it.

Gargoyle Strike now deals Shadow and Nature damage (was Nature only).
    Nerf for us. Warlock Twilight Ward absorbs shadow damage for example among some other spells that absorb shadow only. If the gargoyle doesn't scale with mastery with this change then it is a nerf instead of a buff to our damage in pvp.

Ebon Plaguebringer now causes Plague Strike to inflict Frost Fever, in addition to its other effects.
    Useless Change. No one asked for that either. We have enough ways to apply diseases. In PvP you mostly spamm chains and icy touch besides that your dots will never fall off as unholy anyways because roiling blood.

So all together this means DK remains unchanged. These changes do basicly -nothing- for us at all. I'm highly disappointed that blizzard doesn't listen to all the good suggestions that were made by players and supported by the big majority and I feel like blizzard is mocking us with this buffs that are basicly no buffs at all.

I definitely agree. One could assume that a major company like Blizzard would have professional experts developing games. That's clearly not the case.
    Last edited by Senathor; 2012-12-23 at 03:57 PM.

Deleted
    I doubt any company would put their multi-million IP at stake just to mess with some people.

Long time warlock here. And I approve of these "buffs."

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    I doubt any company would put their multi-million IP at stake just to mess with some people.
    In case you didn't notice he was obviously sarcastic.

Deleted
    He seems to be whining pretty seriously. And honestly, all these changes are fine, IMO. They're not groundbreaking, nor will they entirely change the way a DK is played, but a DK is a pretty strong class anyway.

Go look at combat rogues, who've just found out they're losing 75% of their cleave damage. OP seems to be just moaning that DKs aren't getting all the "awesome suggestions" (read: buffs) that he wants.

Deleted
    He seems to be whining pretty seriously. And honestly, all these changes are fine, IMO. They're not groundbreaking, nor will they entirely change the way a DK is played, but a DK is a pretty strong class anyway.

Go look at combat rogues, who've just found out they're losing 75% of their cleave damage. OP seems to be just moaning that DKs aren't getting all the "awesome suggestions" (read: buffs) that he wants.
    When you mention rogues getting nerfed im sensing that you arent talking about PVP which the OP is clearly talking about. Maybe you should check if its about pvp or pve before saying things?

Dks are currently not strong at all in high end arenas so i understand that they want buffs. All classes that are below average wants buffs

10+ Year Old Account
    DKs are weak in arenas yes, but not every change is intended for PvP. Being angry that a PvE buff is not a huge PvP buff is pretty childish. Especially considering the PTR isn't available to the public yet for testing and these are teaser notes. It's still way too early to be complaining.

Not all changes are directed at PvP. Just sayin'

TBH that Conversion buff actually looks nice to eliminate a bit of the spiky damage taken. At a cost of damage (losing HS), you get Second Wind.

Also, if you think DKs are getting trolled, you should check out Mages... >_>;
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Seriously - Stop whining about buffs.
    Buffs are buffs and not nerfs.

Someone IS playing with conversion and siphon - That'll be better for those now.
    No RP cost on Garg - I can't remember how many threads crying for that change. It's a really nice change! Don't whine!
    I don't know how the Gargoyle's damage is (if it does 50% nature and 50% shadow, or dealing either nature or shadow damage, which will deal the most damage). So seriously, pull yourself together and stop whining about buffs!

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard was ever serious about PvP and especially Arena, they would have developed a system which split the talent tree and abilities in to two separate trees way back in the day. One being for PvE and the other for PvP so class nerfs or buffs would not simply be a blanket change which can often negatively affect or even ignore one play style to favor the other.

But you know how quick Blizzard is to cry foul about not having the 'resources' to develop such a system and would rather smash a rock on their hand time and time again whenever changes go live which would benefit only one side of the fence.

These just felt like they were throwing PvP DKs a bone to say they got buffed.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Almost all of those changes are huge and fantastic quality of life improvements. Maybe they don't benefit you personally as much in PvP, but if I knew these changes were coming I would have considered switching back to my Death Knight instead of a different class. These are amazing PvE changes and benefit quite a bit in PvP as well.

QQ as usual, DK's currently do SICK amounts of damage with a decent survivability at task.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleepz View Post
    See above. Why does blizzard do that with us? The problems with Unholy or DK's in general were mentioned a lot of times in the forums.

Crappy survivability.
    Lacking CC.
    Mobility is meh as well.

The new buffs are useless. They don't do anything to unholy at least in pvp. Look at it from these perspectives:
    (...)
    Useless Change. No one asked for that either. We have enough ways to apply diseases. In PvP you mostly spamm chains and icy touch besides that your dots will never fall off as unholy anyways because roiling blood.

So all together this means DK remains unchanged. These changes do basicly -nothing- for us at all. I'm highly disappointed that blizzard doesn't listen to all the good suggestions that were made by players and supported by the big majority and I feel like blizzard is mocking us with this buffs that are basicly no buffs at all.
    Not everything is about your "precious pvp". Unholy is fine damagewise and pvewise, so they are balancing the fact that unholy is underrepresentated in PVE by a huge margin. These are QoL-changes, nothing else. And be happy about the Gargoyle cost removal and plaguestrike = BOTH diseases... these help in pvp too
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

some unholy dk in 3s is at 2.5k rating atm.i think those buff will bring 3k rating because Reaping now also applies to Icy Touch=free dispell.I will maybe switch conversion cause if you read your glove give 10 runic power if you use icy chain .

So requiring 160 rp instead of 220 rp to be ready to go is not a pvp buff? °_°

Most of the feedback was not PvP-centric. I suggest you post your concerns on the blizzard DD forums, which the devs actually read. You should probably cut back on the insulting "useless" "mocking" comments, though, or they're sure to ignore your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is a PVE game with a PVP sidegame attached to it. The whole world of buffs/nerfs can't always handhold your sidegame.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Pretty strong? They destroy noob teams but good players can handle them. You think a DK team could ever challange raikú, bladey and gerus team? They're barly glad viable.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 07:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    WoW is a PVE game with a PVP sidegame attached to it. The whole world of buffs/nerfs can't always handhold your sidegame.
    But PvE is ALL about spamming 1-4. That's easy to balance. HPS and DPS, that's all. But the PvP changes would not hurt PvE at all... Please don't comment if you don't know what we're talking about. It's just unnecessary embarrassment for you.