Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yaungol use Tauren, Jinyu use Night Elves, the Mogu use Draenei, Blizzard has been reusing animations since forever. Though, why they decided to use Night Elves for Trolls, instead of you know... Trolls, is a mystery.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2012-12-23 at 05:46 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    Doesn't ruin the game, but certainly makes it look mundane.
    You pretty much summed it up. Having played it so long, you become so familiar with character models you can recognize animations and skeletons used on them from a mile off. It doesn't ruin it, but trying to pass off fresh new designs with reused skeletons and animations.. it be like covering a cake with a fresh layer of icing, but its still the same old fruitcake under it.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Wait, didn't the night elves evolve from the trolls? So the Zandalari actually should be standing tall like this?

Mogu have the draenei skeleton because it suits their majestic figure.

EDIT: They're not using the old troll skeleton because the Zandalari aren't supposed to be hunchbacked.
    Last edited by mmoc62babd2cec; 2012-12-23 at 05:47 PM.

Night elf animations ruin it for me they look like have downz. I mean the models are cool but why not use the old troll model, I normally don't complain about that stuff but gawd, I hate male night elfs.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Holidae View Post
    Yaungol use Tauren, Jinyu use Night Elves, the Mogu use Draenei, Blizzard has been reusing animations since forever. Though, why they decided to use Night Elves for Trolls instead of you know, Trolls, is a mystery.
    Its only the skeleton, Like cars. Im sure if you strip alot of cars down there useing the same skeleton under it its the same with WoW modes. its easier to use an old skeleton and model over it then make a complete new skeleton.

These trolls forms are pretty nice. give them the same troll animations as now if id reroll my tauren to a troll instantly ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    Wait, didn't the night elves evolve from the trolls? So the Zandalari actually should be standing tall like this?

Nightelves evolved from trolls who lived near the well of eternity. If blizzard want to pass these off as semi evolved trolls who were becoming night elves then they can go ahead, still doesn't make it any less a reskin of an old skeleton.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    But it's not a reskin, it's a completely new model, textures and all. You need to learn these terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    first 3 look like some Troll dk.
    MY thoughts exactly

Deleted
    Why do i think they will use nelf skeleton only as a base, will adjust some animations and maybe make few new and what you see now in that wowhead link is just a betaversion.

But no, sky is falling, i can't fap to those, fucking nelves, blahblah, and i'm just blizz fanboy defending them.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are the models for? Is for a boss or Zandalari in general, or something different?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holidae View Post
    Yaungol use Tauren, Jinyu use Night Elves, the Mogu use Draenei, Blizzard has been reusing animations since forever. Though, why they decided to use Night Elves for Trolls, instead of you know... Trolls, is a mystery.
    Maybe is Blizzard implying that Night Elves are evolved (or devolved) trolls?

I don't know how you couldn't see it, do you play horde and hardly see draenei or something?
    Nope. Alliance, mostly. Was Draenei Female then Pandaren Male. I just don't have a keen eye for that kind of thing.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    What are the models for? Is for a boss or Zandalari in general, or something different?
    Zandalari are kind of übertrolls, aryan troll master(sub)race (if you don't mind that term) and we're going to slaughter them by hundreds via dailies/raids so they thought they need some update from current ones.

About using old skeletons, i personally think worgen skeleton fits sauroks better than worgens themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it's not a reskin, it's a completely new model, textures and all. You need to learn these terms.
    Why are you still going on about this? You've mentioned it twice. We know it's it's a new model, but the anchors for the animations are from male night elves. This is what I and others are complaining about.

Deleted

EDIT: They're not using the old troll skeleton because the Zandalari aren't supposed to be hunchbacked.
    Exactly. Some times, there is logic behind the animations. The Zandalari are the father race of all troll races, including the Night Elves. They are the best of the troll race. What I read from here is that the Zandalari maintained their civilization and posture, the Night Elves, being also civilized, stayed that way and all the other troll sub-races devolved and became savages, all the way down to cannibalization.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 06:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Maybe is Blizzard implying that Night Elves are evolved (or devolved) trolls?
    They aren't implying, they are confirming it.

Why are you still going on about this? You've mentioned it twice. We know it's it's a new model, but the anchors for the animations are from male night elves. This is what I and others are complaining about.
    They
    can
    animate
    them
    differently

The new faces make me think of goblins

10+ Year Old Account
    They could change at any time since this patch won't be here for awhile until next year. So perhaps waiting would be best.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Exactly. Some times, there is logic behind the animations. The Zandalari are the father race of all troll races, including the Night Elves. They are the best of the troll race. What I read from here is that the Zandalari maintained their civilization and posture, the Night Elves, being also civilized, stayed that way and all the other troll sub-races devolved and became savages, all the way down to cannibalization.
    Uh... your "savage nature" doesn't cause a physical change in your spinal structure and associated muscular groups. The only thing keeping them from being a different species with that much of a change is being able to breed with one another. (Unfortunately, this is fantasy and High Elves and Humans are still interbreedable.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Yes but Trassk keeps saying "reskin" even after it was pointed out that they are actually not reskins but remodels.
    That is why it was repeated for him, because he did not learn.
    They're not reskins.