haven't
    for
    Sarok
    Jinyu
    Yaungol
    and barely changed the Mogu.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Uh... your "savage nature" doesn't cause a physical change in your spinal structure and associated muscular groups. The only thing keeping them from being a different species with that much of a change is being able to breed with one another. (Unfortunately, this is fantasy and High Elves and Humans are still interbreedable.)
    Voodoo, mon, voodoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the animations look good then it's fine, and the nelf animations on wowhead work for the model. I'd rather them spend time on player races, and updating the skeletons and animations for them, then some trash mobs that we'll barely notice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    they
    haven't
    for
    Sarok
    Jinyu
    Yaungol
    What more animations you expect? Walk completely backwards? Walk with their hands only? There are as much animations and posture a bidepal race can have.

What I see are the upcoming enemy we'll face. Trolls with the night elf skeleton and a different idle stance. Just a new look for some troll npcs, I'm sure it'll be alright. Moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Voodoo, mon, voodoo.
    Oh, I've heard conflicting tales of this "Voodoo." Mostly from male and female Troll NPCs.

Stay away from the Voodoo.
    You come get the Voodoo.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    These are the 'new' troll models with the night elf skeleton and animations. They look great from this standing perspective, but trust me, once you see there animations its just going to feel like yet another reskinned model of something that came before.
    They said there making new animations for the new character models.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    If the animations look good then it's fine, and the nelf animations on wowhead work for the model. I'd rather them spend time on player races, and updating the skeletons and animations for them, then some trash mobs that we'll barely notice.

Everytime you people say this you forget they are still working on this. If they focused only on character models 5.2 wouldn't be as awesome. Priorities man.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brytryne View Post
    They
    can
    animate
    them
    differently
    The model viewer troll does show different animations to the night elf. Compare their death animations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Everytime you people say this you forget they are still working on this. If they focused only on character models 5.2 wouldn't be as awesome. Priorities man.
    They haven't release a new Gurubashi troll, right? Just Zandalari, Amani, Farraki and Frost. It's like they holding up the model on purpose.

Blizzard can change some animations, like in Jinyu and mogu, and this is a alpha of the ptr. All can change

They have modified Night Elf animations.. look at the detail.. similar but different still

Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    they
    haven't
    for
    Sarok
    Jinyu
    Yaungol
    As much as I enjoyed the vertical dialogue I will continue this horizontally :<
    Game design is all about effectively re-using as much as possible. If you play any other game you'll see that for example most if not all humanoids use the same base skeleton. Textures are used in various settings, mixed and color tweaked to fit art wise. It isn't lazy design, it's effective design. Less is always more when there are time or size constraints. If the character for some reason NEEDS to have a different skeleton, say if it has two heads and one long arm, they will usually make sure there are enough of them to justify the time spent making it. It doesn't take 5 minutes. The male nelf skeleton in this case is versatile enough to be used for different races. I'm sure you know this already. Now deal with it :P

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 07:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    The model viewer troll does show different animations to the night elf. Compare their death animations.
    Datamining. Not official.

Deleted
    On the subject of new player models, i hope personally they're the same style as the big muscled trolls in ZA. Big buggers that look like they pack a punch.

10+ Year Old Account
    They haven't release a new Gurubashi troll, right? Just Zandalari, Amani, Farraki and Frost. It's like they holding up the model on purpose.
    I could of sworn I saw Gurubashi but I don't know if that was just a Zandalari troll model. I think they're not holding them up on purpose, I suppose if we see new certain models it's more of like *Showing us* what to expect possibly or there's no connection between the two projects and we're just over analyzing things(Which is common for MMO-Champion and WoW posters)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't forget anything. I know they're still working on them, but I'm saying "who cares about the animations of some trash mob, when the player model ones would be more noticeable". I'm not trying to bring workflow or any development time into this, just a perspective on what might matter more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brytryne View Post
    Datamining. Not official.
    Very true, but the differences in at least one animation from the base skeleton is an implication of likely having more different animations while being developed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't forget anything. I know they're still working on them, but I'm saying "who cares about the animations of some trash mob, when the player model ones would be more noticeable". I'm not trying to bring workflow or any development time into this, just a perspective on what might matter more.

Yeah and you realize if they just focused on Character models 5.2 would be lesser then what we got and it's going to be a good amount of trash mobs and heck I bet we'll see them in dailies.

Very true, but the differences in at least one animation from the base skeleton is an implication of likely having more different animations while being developed.
    I wager the Night Elf animations are used only cause some trolls stand up tall and since Night Elves do that best...it must be done.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    I could of sworn I saw Gurubashi but I don't know if that was just a Zandalari troll model. I think they're not holding them up on purpose, I suppose if we see new certain models it's more of like *Showing us* what to expect possibly or there's no connection between the two projects and we're just over analyzing things(Which is common for MMO-Champion and WoW posters)
    Well, the Darkspears are Gurubashi. They are differentiating the troll sub-races, so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the Darkspears are Gurubashi. They are differentiating the troll sub-races, so...

Well the thing is there hasn't been any differentiating things for the other races of Azeroth so...could be just a coincidence but...if I'm wrong I will be shocked.

Warrior-Magi