Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    New Troll Models 5.2

    What do you think of it?

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Uzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moravia
    Posts
    3,057
    Looks pretty good, but I don't think the new player models will look like this. They said they want to be really careful about keeping the style of the old ones, so I expect the same hunched back.

  3. #3
    Its just the Zandalari but they do look smexy!

  4. #4
    Considering all the lightning they seem to be infused with they may very well be physically altered to the point of being post-Troll.
    Praise the Quest Writers for they give life to otherwise boring expansions.
    I was wrong about Blizzcon 2014 having nothing interesting to show off: There's a Robot Monk!

  5. #5
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,818
    These are the 'new' troll models with the night elf skeleton and animations. They look great from this standing perspective, but trust me, once you see there animations its just going to feel like yet another reskinned model of something that came before.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    These are the 'new' troll models with the night elf skeleton and animations. They look great from this standing perspective, but trust me, once you see there animations its just going to feel like yet another reskinned model of something that came before.
    How do you even know that..?

  7. #7
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    How do you even know that..?
    someone recently posted me a wowhead model viewer of the new troll models, and one was clearly animated with the male night elf skeleton.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    How do you even know that..?
    WoWHead shows the animations, not ALL of them are from the night elf skeleton, but most are, which means it's based on it.
    English is not my first language, feel free to correct any mistake I may make.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    These are the 'new' troll models with the night elf skeleton and animations. They look great from this standing perspective, but trust me, once you see there animations its just going to feel like yet another reskinned model of something that came before.
    Doesn't mean they can't make new animations.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    These are the 'new' troll models with the night elf skeleton and animations. They look great from this standing perspective, but trust me, once you see there animations its just going to feel like yet another reskinned model of something that came before.
    Do I really have to find that picture with differences between skeleton/model/skin?

  11. #11
    Dreadlord taximals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Do I really have to find that picture with differences between skeleton/model/skin?
    I think most people understand the difference, but when they're using the same animations, it makes them a more obvious re-model, and ruins it because all you think of is "Lol, Night Elf clone".

    ~ Armoury ~

  12. #12
    Bloodsail Admiral Rhywolver's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,115
    Yep. Nightelf-Trolls. Here's the link:

    http://ptr.wowhead.com/#modelviewer:1:47625:0
    Sing like no one ist listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    I think most people understand the difference, but when they're using the same animations, it makes them a more obvious re-model, and ruins it because all you think of is "Lol, Night Elf clone".
    I honestly don't have that happen at all. I didn't even realize Mogu were Draenei till someone pointed out even the Feng "dance" was the Draenei dance sped-up and cancel/reactivated repeatedly.
    Praise the Quest Writers for they give life to otherwise boring expansions.
    I was wrong about Blizzcon 2014 having nothing interesting to show off: There's a Robot Monk!

  14. #14
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Yep. Nightelf-Trolls. Here's the link:

    http://ptr.wowhead.com/#modelviewer:1:47625:0
    Thank you. Yes, can see these new models will just be reskins of male night elf skeletons, which is just offputting. Trolls are primal and savage, nelves are twinkletoes faires.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Yep. Nightelf-Trolls. Here's the link:

    http://ptr.wowhead.com/#modelviewer:1:47625:0

    Odd, they share some of the same idle animations as Night Elves, but their standing animation is different.

  16. #16
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,818
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I honestly don't have that happen at all. I didn't even realize Mogu were Draenei till someone pointed out even the Feng "dance" was the Draenei dance sped-up and cancel/reactivated repeatedly.
    ...
    I noticed there were reskins of draenei from the first ptr preview.

  17. #17
    Who cares? Does this really ruin the game for you? Are you that sad?

  18. #18
    Dreadlord taximals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I honestly don't have that happen at all. I didn't even realize Mogu were Draenei till someone pointed out even the Feng "dance" was the Draenei dance sped-up and cancel/reactivated repeatedly.
    I don't know how you couldn't see it, do you play horde and hardly see draenei or something?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    Who cares? Does this really ruin the game for you? Are you that sad?
    Doesn't ruin the game, but certainly makes it look mundane.

    ~ Armoury ~

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    Who cares? Does this really ruin the game for you? Are you that sad?
    The more it ruins game for Traask, the better.

  20. #20
    Stood in the Fire Malkazam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    442
    first 3 look like some Troll dk.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •