Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    They kind of remind me of the architects from Prometheus.

Deleted
    Yeah... whatever happens, I hope they never give Troll player models the same build as the Ice/Forest Trolls. I picked a Troll as my main character because of the lanky, hunched over stature (that is neither a decaying undead, a 3 feet tall abomination or, god forbid, an elf). If I wanted to play as a muscle-bound dude, I would have plenty of other choices.

Quote Originally Posted by hulksteri View Post
    I just hope they don't change any of the playable models, at least too much. I really like the current ones!
    The model updates are optional.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahnjin View Post
    Yeah... whatever happens, I hope they never give Troll player models the same build as the Ice/Forest Trolls. I picked a Troll as my main character because of the lanky, hunched over stature (that is neither a decaying undead, a 3 feet tall abomination or, god forbid, an elf). If I wanted to play as a muscle-bound dude, I would have plenty of other choices.
    Specifically you have Tauren and Orc as Horde.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Looks like some strange Dr. Manhattan/troll hybrid.

Thankfully with conspicuously less bulge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    The model updates are optional.
    They might be optional. He never confirmed it either way on twitter.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    They might be optional. He never confirmed it either way on twitter.

He was thinking about it and approving it. It's a good sign that it will be.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahnjin View Post
    Nothing wrong with elves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Specifically you have Tauren and Orc as Horde.
    As Horde, yes. But since I'm not a strict Horde player, we can also take a look at the Alliance side of ridiculous looking buff dudes, where we have Humans, Dwarves and Draenei, with Night Elves and Worgen being more bearable IMO (though NEs have issues of their own, ie. animations).

Long story short, if I wanted to play an Orc-looking Troll, I would have just picked an Orc. Darkspear Trolls are supposed to be canonically "runts", and I don't think our new models are ever going to look like the Amani... unless Blizzard caves in to fanboys (Blood Elves anyone ?), or we somehow get to play as Revantusk Trolls which would be really cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even night elves look ridiculous, they need to be toned down slightly and be given a trimmer look. They (and blood elves) are muscular in the concept art but IMO their current implementation is goofy, and this is not just due to the animations. Goblins, Forsaken, gnomes, Darkspear, blood elves all look reasonable, but of course barring the Cata race they all need work. I'm on the fence about Worgen. I'm sick of this influx of oversized males that just leads to the next race looking even more ridiculous. Garrosh's model, for example, just looks plain idiotic. Is he an orc or an ogre? I hope the forest troll model does not come in. The troll models showcased look like orc/troll hybrids more than trolls. If you want to play a big green dude, play an orc.

Humans do look stupid, but you can't say worgen and night elves don't compared to them. Worgen just have the advantage of better textures and skeletons. Dwarves could perhaps do with a re-design and slight trimming down, and night elves shouldn't look much larger than a human when adjusted for their height. When you adjust for height, they and blood elves should both have the same kind of trim, muscular look. Not the orang-utan look. Dwarves, likewise, are meant to be stocky, not blocks of pixels. With humans, I can't say I can fathom what the hell went through their minds when designing them.

Draenei are probably the worst of the lot, Blizzard had a silly design goal in mind when introducing them and it shows. Some of the earlier concept art of the Eredar was a lot trimmer. They don't look intimidating. They look like goofy target dummies. Sadly they also made Pandaren large. I was hoping they'd keep their height in check. For this very reason, I'd rather they did not bother adding Naga, it'd be another "LOL LOOK HOW BIG AND BUFF I R XDDD" race.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2012-12-24 at 08:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They look alright I guess, nothing special. I haven't seen the animation yet so I can't QQ like everyone else is.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter really, no one is going to be playing them anyway.

These mofos better have hair