Page 1 of 173
... LastLast

[Megathread] Everquest Next

Hello,

This thread is a megathread for Everquest Next. The upcoming MMO that will change the MMO market & playstyle forever, keep in mind that the Everquest franchise really started off MMO gaming and it will be brilliantly interesting to see what Everquest Next has to offer.At this moment the guys that make the game keep it very low-key, there are only a total of 4 screenshots released of it and no one really knows what it is like, but a-lot of us are expecting it to be Epic.

That been said, I will give some links and screenshots below to the official EQ Next content.

Also to note:
    Everquest Next are partnered with Curse and Curse are giving away free tickets to SOE live in the United States (all you have to do is do a video of yourself, more info in the links provided belo

Links:
    https://www.everquestnext.com/ (OFFICAL Website)
    http://www.curse.com/news/everquest (Curse are sending someone to SOE Live FREE)

Social Media:
    https://twitter.com/everquest_next
    https://www.facebook.com/EverquestNext
    https://plus.google.com/116076382061631523609/posts
    http://www.youtube.com/EverQuestNext
    http://www.twitch.tv/everquestnext/

Screenshots:

Please, if you find any news,screenshots,info,videos,etc related to Everquest Next please feel free to post it here.

Thank You.

Edited OP with some better info. If anyone wants to contribute more, PM me about it and I'll get it added in. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-06-23 at 10:00 PM.

I'm not entirely sure why, but neither of the links work for me. I just get a search page.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    I'm not entirely sure why, but neither of the links work for me. I just get a search page.
    No problem I'll repost them.

Quote Originally Posted by loudskies View Post
    Hmm, Intriguing. I heard about this from an old guild mate ages ago, but I didn't pay attention to it. They are blowing this up a lot. I can't wait to see if this is an MMO messiah, or another flop. But the way they talk, it sounds like it will be pretty nice.
    It depends on what you're looking for. This game is expected to be the largest MMORPG sandbox ever. Now if you prefer the WoW, swtor, etc style themepark games which are very linear you may not like what SOE is creating. If you like minecraft, eve, UO, or EQ1 to name a few if the devs deliver you will be very very happy with the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Axehandle View Post
    No problem I'll repost them.
    Thanks! The links work now. This could be interesting. I heard the original EverQuest was good but I never played it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axehandle View Post
    When we released EverQuest, we changed the world.
    That gave me a good laugh. :p

aaahhh everquest. How it started essentially the mainstream MMORPGs we have today. Hope they kick it up another step like they did with EQ when it launched.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Kinda expect that EQN is going to have a Diablo 3 effect. In that people that have no business talking or playing EQN are going to be picking up the game. No doubt I will be infuriated by these bandwagoners.

I am quite excited as a longtime EQ player for a series reboot. Though I kinda just want EQ1: The sequel that is not Everquest 2. And it seem like Smed is not really going to give me that-- sorta annoying.

So when will this next Fan Faire be?

Really excited for Everquest Next, the first big sandbox MMORPG to come from a big company since like 8 years ago.
    The only sad part is that as an EU player we'll probably get stuck with ProSiebenSat1 and that alone kills most of the hype I have for the game, I want to be with SoE too.

It being a sandbox is more than enough to raise my attention, I'll keep an eye on this.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    Well to be honest, it did.

EQ1 was what defined and made the current MMO trend that we see with the 'holy trinity' and raid progression.

Hope they're able to pull sandbox through. Though it's harder to do sandbox than it is to do a linear progression.
    EQ2 has a few sandbox materials, so it wouldn't be that terrible of a leap. Dungeon maker, housing, chronomancy, stuff like that. Obviously there are raids and dungeons for those who wants, but it is a lot easier to mess around with how you want to play as opposed to other games.

I like EQ2.. I know I'm the only one. But he talks the talk - and i like what I'm hearing.

I never played EQ, however atm I'm desperate for a quality MMO that grabs my attention. So far I've only leveled up and gotten bored, swtor, GW2 etc.

If it feels like the first everquest with better graphics, cleaned up systems, and slightly less harsh penalties I will enjoy it for sure. Definitely keeping my eye on this regardless.

Everquest Next will run on the Forge Light engine used for Planetside 2

"What does all this mean?" Smedley asked. "Think about this, EverQuest players, think about a physics engine that is built into every single aspect of your gameplay. We've partnered with Nvidia and their amazing PhysX platform. It means that we can bring you the most amazing characters and environments ever seen before in an MMO, or a single player game."

For the creative director of the entire EverQuest line, Dave Georgeson, the real benefit of Forge Light will be in roleplaying your EQ toon. "For the people that love to roleplay, to stand around and talk to each other, the facial expressiveness [that Forge Light will provide] is huge," he said. "It gives them almost everything that they want."

I asked if the emote system for EQ Next will be revised to give tighter control over your toon's face and expressions. "Oh yeah, there's so much that I wish I could tell you right now [about that]," Georgeson said. He hinted at using some of the technology that was shown at E3 this year that could take images from a webcam and transfer them to a digital character. "Even if someone doesn't want to sit there with a webcam watching your face, which people won't want to do all the time, they can still set up these elaborate macros," Georgeson said.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...e-Light-Engine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Kinda expect that EQN is going to have a Diablo 3 effect. In that people that have no business talking or playing EQN are going to be picking up the game. No doubt I will be infuriated by these bandwagoners.
    I guess I will be one of those players, I am interested in this game because it is sandbox and everquest in one. I have heard a lot of people praise the old everquest game, I never played it but I have been dying for a good sandbox fantasy mmo for years and I hope this game could be the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    They kinda did. EQ1 is the foundation for pretty much every modern theme park MMO out there right now. It caused the first MMO boom, with WoW building from that and causing the second.

10+ Year Old Account
    SOE is slowly earning my trust back. I played the original Everquest for 5-6 years, played a ton of Planetside, but I was really disappointed by Everquest 2 compared to World of Warcraft and they lost me to Blizzard. I'm actually excited for Everquest Next though now that my WoW days are finally over (Mists was the nail in the coffin).

Deleted
    Please someone explain a bit deeper EQ and how it works, I never played either of them. You say that one can expect Eve online kind of gameplay, is it fighting over resources with big battles in the world, possibilities to infiltrate lagre corporations (guilds) and then take everything they got, or lure noob players and take everything they farmed? As in the pvp moments... because it's the idea behind eve that I like (+ it's auction system and skill training system) now in eve you are stuck in a ugly clunky space ship so if this game means making similar kind of big fighting but with cute characters Im in. So.. please, enlighten me =)
    I like planetside2 so if the game will be made for as big battles as there are in that game... it will be great. Now I understand planetside 2 f2p model is healthier than EQ ones so I guess that would be the breaking point for me, if they manage to implement the rest well. So... enlighten me, how was EQ in terms of world dominance and sandbox pvp and what in comparance to eve would we expect in this new version? Also, how punishing was old EQ... or what was the punishment and what can we expect in this new version?