Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I've never bought one but one thing I am really starting to hate in the gaming industry is 'Season Passes'. Take Battleborn, $60 for the game and $20 for a 'season pass'.
    I just took a quick look at the game website, my first impression was nice f2p-game, but they are seriously asking for that kind of money? Idk :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's how I've always felt about things like "Founders Packs" and crowdfunding and all the things in that vein. I just don't like this whole, "Players as investors" concept, seeing as how it's 100% of the risk and 0% of the reward.
    Exactly my thoughts about this whole mess. I actually got a beta invation for landmark quite a while ago and account was locked 2 weeks after. Really pissed me off, that I would have had to pay to continue testing. Especially for a frigging f2p title. Annoying that you have to pay for beta access nowadays.

Financing a project via Kickstarter without getting a share of the profits is ridiculous and no company whould do this except for publicity. Like you said, the backers carry 100% of the risk without being properly rewarded if it actually turns into profit. There where enough projects already that where never finished. The Yogscast game comes to mind. Or cases where they kickstarted and then big publishers jumped in when they saw enough people where interested. Also, remember when Facebook took over Oculus?
    Last edited by Terracresta; 2016-04-14 at 06:52 PM.

Everquest Landmark shuts down February 21, 2017

To the Landmark community,

With heavy hearts, we are writing today to inform you that after much review, we have decided to close Landmark game servers on February 21, 2017.

Since Landmark first entered Alpha, we have been impressed by the creative talents in this community. You pushed the boundaries of what Landmark could do, and we are grateful for the time and energy you shared through your creations in this game.

While there is still time to enjoy Lumeria and the many worlds you’ve built within Landmark, we wanted to let you know what you will be seeing happen between now and February. Beginning today, Player Studio items will no longer be available for listing or for purchase in the Landmark Marketplace. Landmark will also no longer be available for purchase. All items in the Marketplace with a Daybreak Cash price will have their price reduced to 1 DBC.

The game servers, as well as the accompanying forums and social media channels, will be closed at 4:00PM Pacific Time on Tuesday, February 21, 2017.

We want to thank each and every one of you for your creative contributions to Landmark.

Daybreak Game Company
    Looks like Everquest Next is completely dead in all of it's forms. So glad I never bought any of the founder packs (I absolutely despise those and refuse to ever buy into them), and feel sorry for those who did.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post

Looks like Everquest Next is completely dead in all of it's forms. So glad I never bought any of the founder packs (I absolutely despise those and refuse to ever buy into them), and feel sorry for those who did.
    This whole situation has just been terrible. Many times during the initial hyping of EverQuest Next, I was tempted to buy a founder pack because I was excited, but eventually reason kicked in and I didn't. I'm glad I didn't, but that's really no consolation at all.

I wanted this game to succeed. I was actually excited to see [Megathread] EverQuest Next pop up on the recent forum posts hoping there was some positive news, but of course there wasn't.

It seems like it had a ton of great ideas but obviously something went terribly wrong financially or structurally. I just hope this doesn't further discourage other MMO developers from trying to actually innovate in the genre. We need something else besides the WoW generation style MMOs.

Ugh, this really just makes me upset. I love the MMO genre, but it really needs some more positive things on the horizon.

Ugh.
    This makes me sad.

I really want a hack and slash MMO world governed by a mix of player actions and randomized world events / weather.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    We need something else besides the WoW generation style MMOs.
    There are sandbox MMOs with completely different and unique mechanics. But they do not have a huge community and do not get much publicity. And they're usually indie, so quality isn't that high either ^^
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Crowfall seems to be the only thing remotely close to what EQN envisioned. PvP combat similar to DaoC, voxel-based resource collection like EQN, and a nuanced crafting system similar to SWG. And that is still in alpha, so we'll have to see if that pans out as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post

Just came here to post the same. Massively disappointing.

Don't buy founder's packs, folks.

It's sad to see the dumpster fire SOE has become.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Don't buy founder's packs, folks.
    You've bought a vaporware, a game that wasn't even in development and nothing known about it except concept art. What did you expect, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    You've bought a vaporware, a game that wasn't even in development and nothing known about it except concept art. What did you expect, exactly?
    It was from a company that was seemingly doing well and already had several mmos under its belt including DCUO. I already had lifetime sub in DCUO so I bought the founders pack just for another game to use my free monthly cash in.

Man, this sucks. I was looking forward to pretty-looking Ratonga Dark Knights.

What a bummer.

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

See you lot at Star Citizen crash party.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Way too ambitious and announced way ahead of when it should have been to help finance development.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    See you lot at Star Citizen crash party.
    If it ever gets released

Well, Daybreak has just destroyed their reputation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Well, Daybreak has just destroyed their reputation.
    What reputation?

SOE's reputation was to mismanage every game they released after the original EQ, and Daybreak basically came out of the gates with layoffs, restructuring, and cancellations.

I've never once had faith that these guys would be able to pull off such a grandiose vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    What reputation?

SOE's reputation was to mismanage every game they released after the original EQ, and Daybreak basically came out of the gates with layoffs, restructuring, and cancellations.

I've never once had faith that these guys would be able to pull off such a grandiose vision.
    What I meant was is that by closing down EQN Landmark, they have cemented their disastrous rep in the eyes of the video gaming community.