Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I don't think she even needs to say anything. It's pretty apparent the whole project was more a pet project than something that had the full faith and backing of Sony. They were probably like "if you can get it off the ground with X tiny funds, then go for it, but don't look at us." So he probably hoped to garner enough crowdfunding and fan interest early on to reach a "proven" state with EQN and secure some actual funding from Sony. Obviously that never happened, it took longer than predicted, and fan interest began to wane, etc.
    There is literally zero evidence to support this and no logical reason to believe this. Everquest is the marquee brand for SOE (now Daybreak), they have ever interest in maintaining and protecting its reputation. They're not going to fluff about with it i nthe "hopes" they can get enough crowdfunding to launch a major project.

The thing is exactly what Fencers said, the game was announced too early. It would hardly be the first time this has happened, and it won't be the last.

Seeing all of these posts. Is there something I missed? Did they scrap EQnext all together or what?

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Seeing all of these posts. Is there something I missed? Did they scrap EQnext all together or what?
    No. People keep calling it vaporware because it was announced too early and they don't really have a whole lot to say about it while they're doing the foundational work.

You guys want to be optimists? You want to cast down the doubters who decree SOE lying, vaporware producer who failed to get a product off the ground? Go right ahead, but show me proof of some form that confirms the game is in development and in good hands. I personally think the game is dead. The "limited time" founder packs are still around and unchanged a year later. This is the most frustrating game I've ever bothered with to keep interest in the development. I sincerely doubt EQNext will ever arrive. They either ran out of cash or ran out of interest. Landmark may prove a successful Minecraft competitor, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Go right ahead, but show me proof of some form that confirms the game is in development and in good hands.
    http://www.twitch.tv/everquestnext

Development updates are still being issued on the forums, twitch, twitter and their blogs.

"In good hands" is a term that means nothing. Define it, objectively.

You guys want to be optimists? You want to cast down the doubters who decree SOE lying, vaporware producer who failed to get a product off the ground? Go right ahead, but show me proof of some form that confirms the game is in development and in good hands. I personally think the game is dead. The "limited time" founder packs are still around and unchanged a year later. This is the most frustrating game I've ever bothered with to keep interest in the development. I sincerely doubt EQNext will ever arrive. They either ran out of cash or ran out of interest. Landmark may prove a successful Minecraft competitor, maybe.
    They just pulled in a bunch of people for their biggest internal playtest ever for the game.

They announced it way too early, but there's no reason to think that this is vaporware. The brand is far too integral to Daybreak as a company.

its frustrating, especially for someone who purchased a quite expensive founders pack.

its frustrating, especially for someone who purchased a quite expensive founders pack.

I'm glad I didn't purchase the founders pack. I figured if it's taking them years to put out this game, it might take years before they put out an expansion... or a content patch. Scary. heh
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

Do they have some gameplay footage available publicly?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Yep, they have some alpha footage of the combat system.
    But you can try that in EQL, I really like how the swords alt fire can be used as a double jump.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Yes, on their website, youtube page and twitch channel. When the game was announced the team demoed the initial classes live on stage. Gameplay footage has existed literally from day 1.

Also one can play Landmark, the sister game to EQN, right now.

Perhaps, but pre-purchases do not guarantee speedy development.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yes, on their website, youtube page and twitch channel. When the game was announced the team demoed the initial classes live on stage. Gameplay footage has existed literally from day 1.
    I'm not sure. What did we actually see that day? I know the environment stuff was gameplay.. that looks just like Landmark does. You can even see the big teleporter in one shot. But the lion running around bashing mobs and destroying bridges? I'm not sure about that content. I've not seen that in Landmark. When they first introduced mobs they were pretty basic plants and that was quite far along into the test. It's difficult to tell really but I'm not sure the day 1 gameplay was a genuine indicator of actual gameplay. The nature of the sequences did feel scripted. We saw no UI.. for example. No one was playing the character that we could see. Maybe I'm being picky.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    I'm not sure. What did we actually see that day? I know the environment stuff was gameplay.. that looks just like Landmark does. You can even see the big teleporter in one shot. But the lion running around bashing mobs and destroying bridges? I'm not sure about that content. I've not seen that in Landmark. When they first introduced mobs they were pretty basic plants and that was quite far along into the test. It's difficult to tell really but I'm not sure the day 1 gameplay was a genuine indicator of actual gameplay. The nature of the sequences did feel scripted. We saw no UI.. for example. No one was playing the character that we could see. Maybe I'm being picky.
    Its was actual gameplay. They were demoing it on stage. They even demoed some of the different classes and showed what the bring to the table with live gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slight bump but... https://www.daybreakgames.com/news/d...uest-next-2016 EQ Next is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarado View Post
    Slight bump but... https://www.daybreakgames.com/news/d...uest-next-2016 EQ Next is dead.
    Yeah I was just reading that. Fuck you Daybreak and fuck SOE for selling it to those assholes. So disappointed in this...

Now how about all of those people who bought those packs into the Minecraft version of the game with the hopes of beta access?!

RIP

Damn, this was one of the few games I was looking forward to. Even if deep down I believed it to be vaporware.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Yeah I was just reading that. Fuck you Daybreak and fuck SOE for selling it to those assholes. So disappointed in this...

Now how about all of those people who bought those packs into the Minecraft version of the game with the hopes of beta access?!
    Landmark founders packs never gave access to EQ Next.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarado View Post
    Landmark founders packs never gave access to EQ Next.
    They were directly linked. Landmark was launched to allow players to "help build EQ next". Their words. Not so much in recent times for obvious reasons but when those packs were sold at the start.. it was to people who thought they were buying into the EQ Next development process.

sigh...I think we all knew this was coming, still disappointing to see

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    They were directly linked. Landmark was launched to allow players to "help build EQ next". Their words. Not so much in recent times for obvious reasons but when those packs were sold at the start.. it was to people who thought they were buying into the EQ Next development process.
    Lol people fell for that? I always just thought it was marketing PR and that when EQ Next was further along in development they would release founders packs for that as well.