10+ Year Old Account

WoW ToA Summarized.

Terms of Agreederp

"You own a license to your account that is under your ownership (the account creator) alone"

-Lawyer continues to write

"NVM, you don't actually own anything you spent your good hard money one. Blizzard owns it and here is what you're not allowed to do..."

-Lawyer writes a long list of things, among them it even tells you you're not allowed to use the Curse client, but Blizzard has never banned anyone for this reason.

"NVM, Blizzard can ban you for whatever reason they want. Disregard anything you read before this. F you."

Do you agree?
    []Accept []Decline.
    Where's the WTF option?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Where's the WTF option?
    So, this is new and exciting.

Not really. It's pretty standard. If you don't do stupid shit to get yourself banned, you won't get banned. Cry more.

The simplest way to put it is, you are renting an account from blizzard. That's the cold hard truth. Meaning none of your characters or time put into the game is actually yours. Play at your own risk.

Here's a fine example of someone taking something perfectly legal and reasonable, and making it out to be something bad.

Here's another example: "Lolz, everyone's allowed guns in America! Gonna wake up tomorrow in the middle of a shoot out!

Please stop doing this. Please.

Where's the WTF option?
    So basically you are saying you got banned for using the Curse Client? Sorry, but calling BS on that one. You had to have done something else in order to warrant a ban, but want to place blame on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you're all the reason why big corporations are able to rob the Anglo Empire right from underneath the citizens feet and get away with it.

this is funny I like the agreederp part

10+ Year Old Account
    And you're all the reason why big corporations are able to rob the Anglo Empire right from underneath the citizens feet and get away with it.
    Novel concept, I know, but how about: Read the ToA before agreeing to the entire document as you did when you created your account with WoW/Blizz. It is standard. It is not robbing you of anything unless you have a Blizzard server in your home and can run the game without a single contribution from Blizz (you can't as they DO have copyright as well). There is nothing being robbed as you paid for your months or years played, and since they banned your account you are not paying for the month ahead- you paid for what you got, not a promise of playing in the future should you do something ban-worthy.

WoW since '06, Army wife since '09, U of MD Law

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I can gather:

Exploit/Cheat using player gets caught with hand in cookie jar.
    Exploit/Cheat using player gets banned.
    Exploit/Cheat using player complains about perceived injustices in the ToA.

/facepalm
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

10+ Year Old Account
    lets say i rent my house, i talk to the owner about some remodeling, he says sure go ahead.

1 year later he decides to not let me resign the lease.

i don't get to take the remodeled parts with me, without putting the house back in shape(say you put the old sing / bathtub back in)
    omg i remodeled the house how can he kick me out of it!!!
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you complaining about something you agreed with?

If you did not agree: Why are you complaining about a game you're not playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    lets say i rent my house, i talk to the owner about some remodeling, he says sure go ahead.

1 year later he decides to not let me resign the lease.

i don't get to take the remodeled parts with me, without putting the house back in shape(say you put the old sing / bathtub back in)
    omg i remodeled the house how can he kick me out of it!!!
    Actually you can't even put it back the way it was before the remodel. If the work you did is affixed to the structure of the house in any way that is considered permanent (not meant to be removed as a normal part of it's use) it becomes part of the house.

um what?
    You own a license to your account that is under your ownership (the account creator) alone
    You own an exclusive (to yourself) LICENSE, which is a privilege, not a right. You got your license revoked because you violated the terms in which you were granted said license.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it incredibly unlikely that you're banned for using the Curse Client. Very very very deeply don't believe that. Hundreds of thousands of players use that client to manage their addons.

Deleted
    Do you have a better idea to protect everyone's interests?

all the more reason to break the rules in the game

Deleted
    ToA is more of a general guideline from blizzard which you agree to, the clausule where they state they can ban you for w/e reason is simply put their version of it. If you don't agree you can always take it to your natons court to fight for that the account and whatever it holds actually is yours and not blizzards. It's been done, in Netherlands I know for sure other countries I don't know, and blizzard lost. The contract, ToA was considered unjust in that case (even though it was agreed to), especially so since it's a standardized agreement composing of a strong part vs a consumer.

So Blizzards ToA is not written in stone, but you better have a good cause before dragging it to court.