Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    Fantastic idea. Lets go back to the tabard idea! But first lets look at the daily method.

I can completely go at my own pace. No waiting for others

vs

Equip Tabard. Queue for dungeon. Wait 35 minutes. Hopefully it's not a bad group. Kill trash. Kill 3-5 bosses. Good group, only took 20 minutes
    Queue for dungeon. Wait 40 minutes. Got a bad group. This dungeon takes about 40 minutes.

1 Hour 35 minutes later, I've killed the same old trash, and the same old bosses.

Oh man, that was so much better.

Why do people not understand that putting on a tabard and clearing dungeons over and over.. -is the same logistical effort and reasoning- as doing dailies solo and clearing the same quests over and over?

It's the same exact god damn thing!

Not trying to nitpick here, but I'm calling B.S. on this. Please define, "top guild"

Because I'm no where near in a "top guild" anymore. We were US 200ish back in Cata, but had a slow start due to a few issues we had in October and early November. We're back up to around US 600, and we're 4/6H-6/6-4/4 . Clearly not a "top" guild. That being said,

I have absolutely no problems getting flasks, pots, Valor points, charms, food, whatever. Here's the secret.

Everyone in the guild pitches in. One person farms Tiger Meat for raid feasts. Two people farm Danio for 20 minutes before raid time. One to two people farm herbs. The end result of this is: Everyone has food. Will always have food. We have more flasks and golden lotus than we could ever imagine using. We have more stat pots than we could use.

Stop treating this like a single player MMO and make your "top guild" chip in and get shit done the right way.

Quoted for Truth.

I remember when dailies only gave you a minimal amount of gold, yet people still had the incentive to do them. Now they give you a chance at FREE GEAR that is relevant to the raid tier, but that's just asking too much.

Summary: People did dailies when they didn't reward anything, didn't complain. People do dailies when the reward something, complain.

My absolute favorite quote from the MMO-Champion forums was someone saying that "this entire community should be isolated and studied for scientific research." It's conversations like this thread, and the WoW-Forums, that make me guffaw thinking back at that quote.
    First problem... Top guilds don't use feasts because they provide 275 of a stat, versus 300 stat for using personal food.
    Second problem... Just because some players enjoy dailies, doesn't mean that should be the only source of an item that provides raiders with additional gear progression. I love the bonus charms, but we should be able to earn them in more than one way. Whether its scenarios/heroics or BGs/Raids idc, but there needs to be more ways to get these charms, since they're considered required if you are any type of serious raider.

10+ Year Old Account
    You still don't get it, do you?

They NEED the charms on the dailies because they NEED incentive in order to get these dungeon crawlers out in the open.

Thats why they add charms to pet battles, because these are out there and not instanced.

This whole discussion is moot, because
    a) charms are not mandatory (the chance of actually getting a useful item is extremely low AND we raided for 8 years w/o such a system and we were fine)
    b) we need another incentive to go out first before we make them available through "World-of-city-que-craft" content.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Guy wants to heal not DPS, Guy wants to be able to do what HE enjoys in a game not be forced into a role he doesn't. I kind of understand where he is coming from. The blue flat out says "get a dps spec" not really in line with "play your way" is it? After you have 463+ Heroics are pointless except for valor and personal enjoyment. Raids are typically done 3 or 4 nights a week with a guild. Leaving this guy little to do.
    Well i don´t.
    If he only likes to play as a healer, why no do the dailies in a group ? I really don´t see his problems, especially since you can finish the dailies much quicker in a group.

Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    First problem... Top guilds don't use feasts because they provide 275 of a stat, versus 300 stat for using personal food.
    Second problem... Just because some players enjoy dailies, doesn't mean that should be the only source of an item that provides raiders with additional gear progression. I love the bonus charms, but we should be able to earn them in more than one way. Whether its scenarios/heroics or BGs/Raids idc, but there needs to be more ways to get these charms, since they're considered required if you are any type of serious raider.
    Regarding the 275 v 300 food: Replace "This person farms Tiger Meat" with "This person farms X". "Top Guilds" don't have 12-27 people looking out for themselves. It's a collective effort. Pretty simple.

I was being pretty broad, but I guess we'll play semantics about 25 stats, equivalent to a WOTLK (see: 2008) red gem.

This notion that "top guilds only use 300" stats is horse shit. There are shit guilds that use 275 stats, and there are shit guilds that use 300 stats.

There are top 100 guilds that use 275 stats, there are top 100 guilds that use 300 stats. The top 10 have an excuse to only use the 300 stats. Stop kidding yourself that 25 stats matters. If you're berserking on a fight, or having general add problems at and around 1% of a boss, and you're using 275 stats, then yeah, spring yourself for that extra 25 stats. It might make a difference.

But in a raiding tier where the only Berserk timer that proved a problem was Garajal Heroic Week 1, please don't patronize everyone here by saying "25 stats matters" for this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Well i don´t.
    If he only likes to play as a healer, why no do the dailies in a group ? I really don´t see his problems, especially since you can finish the dailies much quicker in a group.
    In many dailies (Klaxxi is worst offender), quest drop rates are way below 1%. For 2 people it would take longer than eternity to finish such quests. Oh and if you need to kill 10 mobs, there are only like 4 up at a time only, so if you also need quest drops, it rises up geometrically.

Problem in that blue post is here:
    If you are arguing that it's bad design that you're expected to do damage to defeat your foes (which is what you do on daily quests and scenarios) then I have the feeling we're just disagreeing on a fundamental level: what makes this game an (MMO)RPG.
    On fundamental level, people shouldn't be pushed into solo-activity. Many people chose role of healer or tank, because they like MMO aspect of exploring some dungeons with friends. Noone plays MMO because of dailies. This is moronic to say so.

And those roles which are fundamental for multiplayer activity in WoW (tanks and healers) are highly neglected in endgame design. They are forced to attempt to kill mobs with absurd amount of HP, because MMO aspect is just not there. They say - "5-men were too rewarding", but hey dailies is what makes this game MMO? Another proof that some people in WoW development should be replaced and are in their position for too long.

Something That Might Be a better idea with the daily's is have a tabard for the rep grind just like old days, BUT make it only available to the 90 that got to Exalted with the said faction and once it is purchased it will be BoA. This is a EXTREAMLY simple design and even at that point could have it so if the "alt" is wearing said tabard that he would also be gaining 2 tokens per dungeon. Rates would apply of course probly running out after about 7 dungeons (only for the tokens part not the rep) but yeah. Honestly this is a well rounded, (And also "Middle ground" for ALL) and would work well for people that still want to see the daily's from the fact you have to still have to get to exalted with the faction in order to get the tabard that would only really be usefull for alts. PROBLEM SOLVED!

Lets make one thing clear first. I was the person that the blue aparently thougth I didnt want to dps. This was never about that. I do my dailies in DPS gear and that dps I get from LFR Quing up waiting there for more than hour for each run.

My logic - something that the blue poster obviously did not care to understand - is that there are healers needed to keep LFRs popping more than 1 per hour. So... My point was to get those healers to help out in LFR and at the same time get lesser charms that way instead of sending them to do ... totally worthless content because a) it is not created for every roles in the game b) it does not add a single thing to the story of the game c)it does not involve any social aspect - other than mob tagging.

Never in million years did I ever say that I wanted to just heal. I want to have option - and I want to be rewarded for helping ppl out (like in lfr) when There are 1 hour long Qs there) - because that way I know I will not have to wait for an hour as well cause I know there are more ppl like me.

This is not about lesser charms - and this is not about just healing. This is about an MMO game where 1 aspect of the game affects another. If a healer that is needed to keep LFR Qs going is instead doing dailies - or even worse - quing up in those LFR as DPS to get better daily gear... then LFR Qs become longer and no1 wins.

Like I said to that ignorant blue. WOW is a game about core balance. WHen a supported feature like LFR has over 1 hour long Qs.... then role balances in the game are not good. THen those roles that are needed should have incentive to help out all those dps players. Never in million years was this about just healing topic - this was about giving ppl options. Thats what BLizzard said they would be doing - but they did not.

But anyway - My sub ran out on the 22nd. I will not be returning to World Of Queues any time soon. I got better things to do with my spare time. Like actually play a game instead of wait in Qs.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2012-12-24 at 01:06 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Well i don´t.
    I am "that player" (the un happy healer - not the player who did ask for removal of daily quests and free coins).

I do not wish to join a group - not for I am "anti social" , and the reasons kind of are tricky to explain and every one seems to mis understand the problem .. though I try to explain xD

I have at level 90, 5 characters.

1 Affliction Warlock, 1 Demonology Warlock, 2 BM Hunters, and 1 Holy Paladin.

I choose all of these for one simple reason - they all are ranged classes. I really do not find Melee fun at all. In fact I detest melee, it just is stressful, it is the exact opposite of fun for me.

In Dungeons & Raids I only enjoy one role - Healing.

For Questing (including Daily Quests), I only do enjoy the 4 DPS classes (and *only* because to DPS as the Paladin requires that I play a Melee class - either a ret or prot paladin - and as I say, I do not enjoy melee)

My 4 DPS will never step foot in a dungeon or a raid, which is NP for I create them *only to quest* (and occasionally I shall solo old content for transmog armor).

The Holy Paladin issue is more complicated. I do not wish to party for daily quests with others for a couple of reasons :

1) With exception of raid evenings, I do play *usually* between midnight - 6am (so all my guild friends / friends they are off line).
    2) "So what? Approach random players?!" - It is not fun. I can not explain why, it is not "anti social" issue, it is a fun issue - no healer is needed for a DPS char *unless* the DPS char wishes to *pull everything and NUKE!* .. and if they do this, this is great fun! .. for the DPS, it still is boring for me - I am spam healing *one player only*.

So the situation I am stuck for is .. I have 4 DPS I can go Daily Quests for *hours*, who never shall enter raid or dungeon content, and a Holy Paladin that I *do* wish to enter raid and dungeon content, though can see no fun way to have rep points also.

What I did suggest in that thread was more "role neutral" daily quests - similar to Firelands - "throw bears from trees" "pick up rocks" "go kill some mobs at satherias roost - take these NPCs they shall help you" "heal injured orcs" .. though my request kind of got lost in accusations of "You just do wish for rep tabards" "free epics" "free rep points" "removal of Daily Quests" "you are **** lazy" "Make DPS" "Quit if you dont like it" etc.

I do not expect Blizzard to *drop every thing and accommodate my needs* - it seems my needs are unique any way .. as no one quite got the reason for my complaint xD

Quote Originally Posted by Xalden View Post
    Something That Might Be a better idea with the daily's is have a tabard for the rep grind just like old days, BUT make it only available to the 90 that got to Exalted with the said faction and once it is purchased it will be BoA. <snip> PROBLEM SOLVED!
    But problem is not about alts. Problem is about reaching it on main char who happened to be tank or healer. As this is MMO, then MMO aspect should have more love. I. e. make 5-men/LFR/raids/other-group-content to be optional way to acquire what dailies give - charms and rep. Thus dailies can remain for people, who aren't currently in mood for grouping, and for dps, who have high dungeon queue times (and tanks/healers attempting to kill daily mobs increase this timer even more), to not waste their time and do rep farm while in queue. I am not sure what GC meant by "what makes this game an (MMO)RPG", but MMORPG is definitely not about dailies and similar activities (like Brawler's Guild), which are made around only 1 role in game.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-12-24 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    But problem is not about alts. Problem is about reaching it on main char who happened to be tank or healer. As this is MMO, then MMO aspect should have more love. I. e. make 5-men to be optional way to acquire what dailies give - charms and rep. Thus dailies can remain for people, who aren't currently in mood for grouping, and for dps, who have high dungeon queue times (and tanks/healers attempting to kill daily mobs increase this timer even more), to not waste their time and do rep farm while in queue. I am not sure what GC meant by "what makes this game an (MMO)RPG", but MMORPG is definitely not about dailies and similar activities (like Brawler's Guild), which are made around only 1 role in game.
    Exactly - Daily quests are even worse than the old tabard system cause there is zero teamwork involved. Its the worst kind of content. Almost every other content in the game is a better option.

I feel sorry for that blue and his ignorance. Obviously BLizzard is going very defencive about their forced daily questing system. His arguments were childish and just showed how he can not connect dots in a MMO game. Where one aspect of the game will always affect another.

Deleted
    Yet again, Draz the clown arguing with paying customers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Exactly - Daily quests are even worse than the old tabard system cause there is zero teamwork involved. Its the worst kind of content. Almost every other content in the game is a better option.
    WotLK dungeons didn't require much in the way of teamwork. And Mists of Pandaria dungeons CERTAINLY don't.

Farming warbeads didn't require teamwork, farming meat for frostsabers didn't require teamwork... Old dailies didn't require teamwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity
    But problem is not about alts. Problem is about reaching it on main char who happened to be tank or healer. As this is MMO, then MMO aspect should have more love. I. e. make 5-men/LFR/raids/other-group-content to be optional way to acquire what dailies give - charms and rep. Thus dailies can remain for people, who aren't currently in mood for grouping, and for dps, who have high dungeon queue times (and tanks/healers attempting to kill daily mobs increase this timer even more), to not waste their time and do rep farm while in queue.
    You can group up for dailies. The "less than 1% droprate for klaxxi items" is BS. The so called "never dropping" items like Mush'an toungues actually have a 39% droprate according to a 193,658 sample from Wowhead.

If you attach rep to nothing but repetitive dungeon running, you might as well not even have a faction to go along with it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

ITT: A bunch of crybabies whining that the game needs to change to fit /their/ personal lazy, casual needs

10+ Year Old Account
    The healer that blue is talking to makes me facedesk so hard it's not even funny. I thought I'd seen entitled crybabies in my time, but this guy takes the cake.

I found some of these posts very entertaining. The idea that people are claiming "dailies aren't forced on you" is absurd. We all know they are + we also know they are boring as all get out. The reason the dungeons/tabards were frowned upon is because people (like me) had way too much time to play on wow. I still do, but I won't be wasting that time on 2-3 hours of farming the same quests that I have for many weeks. Eventually, had I numbed my mind hard enough to actually convince myself that mashing the same 4 buttons for 2-3 hours a day to "earn" the gear needed to hold a core slot in any respectable raiding guild, then maybe I wouldn't have stepped down from progression raiding.

I have seen 25H content, pushed for realm firsts, farmed mediocre Rbg ratings on 6-8 toons in a season.... What I haven't seen is even ONE logical reason why Activision would believe that forcing it's player fanbase to solo repetitive quests has any correlation to mmo.

To those that are saying "if you don't like Wow, go play one of the other games just like it".... Please, for the love of all that is good Tell us what that game is so we can go try it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vengeånce™ View Post
    I found some of these posts very entertaining. The idea that people are claiming "dailies aren't forced on you" is absurd. We all know they are + we also know they are boring as all get out. The reason the dungeons/tabards were frowned upon is because people (like me) had way too much time to play on wow. I still do, but I won't be wasting that time on 2-3 hours of farming the same quests that I have for many weeks. Eventually, had I numbed my mind hard enough to actually convince myself that mashing the same 4 buttons for 2-3 hours a day to "earn" the gear needed to hold a core slot in any respectable raiding guild, then maybe I wouldn't have stepped down from progression raiding.
    Is that different from farming the same mobs over and over again for resist gear? Or how about farming mobs for drops that are the ONLY way to raise rep with a rep?

If you're dead set on cutting edge progression raiding, you would have started doing said raids in heroic dungeon gear (the gear they were tuned to be doable in,) and would more likely than not have acquired actual raiding gear which, yes, is better than rep gear, and would subsequently have no additional need for them.

If your guild is making you do dailies, find a new guild.

So actually, the argument that "dailies are required" is the only absurd one around here.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Is that different from farming the same mobs over and over again for resist gear? Or how about farming mobs for drops that are the ONLY way to raise rep with a rep?
    You could aoe those TBC mobs for motes with friend, buy from AH or kill on alt. Those drops you were specifically speaking about (Aldor/Scryer) could also be received via running dungeons (group content) and were quite cheap.

How it is same to looting 12 objects form ground, where only 4-5 up at a time with dozen other people doing same? Or killing same mushans, which have "39% drop rate" as you say, which have half million HP, scattered so can't be really aoe'd, and only few up at a time?

Tell me where on AH can I buy mushan tongues, shieldwall robot drops or any other quest drops? It isn't even remotely same.

But as usual, people who are used to play dps, they won't even think that something goes wrong in MoP. Log into WoW, make your dps naked, die, get res sickness, and then go and try kill something! Feel the misery, feel what tanks and healers, who are pushed into those dailies, feel! Then come back and say, hey drop rate is "39% according to wowhead", and it is so much more fun than dungeons!

So actually, the argument that "dailies are required" is the only absurd one around here.
    Raids don't rain epics. There is a reason why people had to use pvp gear in many slots in same TBC. Lottery system of rewards is broken, and while lottery tickets (charms) and VP gear (which was made to make up for lottery's flaw) don't fix it, not using them is like going naked uphill during heavy snow - sure, can be done, will take time and health, but doesn't mean that everyone would do that.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-12-24 at 03:49 AM.

I see we agree here.

If you're dead set on cutting edge progression raiding, you would have started doing said raids in heroic dungeon gear (the gear they were tuned to be doable in,) and would more likely than not have acquired actual raiding gear which, yes, is better than rep gear, and would subsequently have no additional need for them.
    I love that some folks believe multiple pieces of gear fall for you in progression raiding and that the pieces aren't assigned to players based on a combination of potential gain and/or minimal loss. Not to mention how many weeks it took any one of us to be "geared".

If your guild doesn't expect you to do everything you can to be competitive, it wasn't a progression raiding guild. Keyword = progression

I lol'd when I read this. Solid troll here. I have to commend you on that.
    Last edited by Vengeånce™; 2012-12-24 at 03:53 AM. Reason: fail html usage

Blizz tries to make their game "plain" because its "fool proof" meaning people will still play it weather they like it or not. The truth is people love to taste flavour and Warcraft has a very rich flavour, and infact it has many great flavours. Instead homogenizing(lore wise) them they should make sure something special happens when the too flavour colides, sometimes the flavour taste bitter and you want to cry, sometimes the flavour can be spicy and you just want the moment to end. But thats how great stories are told and thats what happens when great figures (or flavours) clash. This might even be true for game play, though I had not had a critical look at it yet.

Thats just a tip since I found out blizz reads mmo-c. To be fair their getting better, way better than cata.

Incredibly easy solution, if you hate the dailies and want the game your way, find a game offering that. Unsub today and move on and quit complaining.

Personally, I like the daily system. If you're a "raider" you do what you have to do and stop whining. I raided hardcore Vanilla through Wrath and decided I wanted more time away. Years ago, we were expected to fill our inventory with consumables before coming to raids. I had to roll an alt to farm potions, flask materials, elixirs and not set foot in AQ40 without having about 2 stacks of every relevant trick for my class - today a raiding support character isn't even considered, it's just an alt. And this was when we were expected to be in a raid 7 days a week. Today you gather 90 tokens (many dailies of which offer 2) per week and raid 2-3 days. Are you people serious? You're calling yourself competitive raiders and complaining when you have 4 days off to get this junk done? "Oh but my alts!" is not an excuse, unless you are a World guild that absolutely requires certain classes to be available to them in a pinch you're just throwing out a straw man argument, your alts will probably never be called on.

The blue was spot on calling people out. The Wrath system was garbage and for some reason they let it persist. Further, a person that refuses to DPS to get their job outside of raiding done (and won't spend the massive amount of gold you make off them to respec back afterwards, you don't even need to reglyph ffs) is not a real gamer and part of the reason this game has gone away from the real MMO genre. That's just another lazy person I'm glad I never had the displeasure of having to work through Ulduar Hardmodes to hit a server first with. My old guild consisted of people who carried stacks of glyphs with them to reglyph mid-raid back when you had to really pay to reglyph. Today, it's brainless to reglyph and all completely situational, I wonder if they complain about that, too?

In the end, the real difference between a solid progression guild of yesteryear and today is that they are infested with people who cannot be counted on to put in the effort that is presented to them. If you played this card several years ago, you would have been considered a casual wannabe, sat, and probably gkicked sooner or later. Today complaining about being asked to do the little extras results in massive complaints. I'm pretty sure I made the right choice to get away from this, I saw it coming at the intro of Cataclysm when people were expected to play like they knew what they were doing and they complained all the way through it.

Also, if they remove the daily system and force dungeons on me and my alts for rep, I'm out.