Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    To Blizzard. Please read:

Im currently in a top guild. I use much time on farming mats for flask, pots etc. I farm VP aswell(1000 vp asap after reset). And these charms "of hell"......

I have to say, the big majority cant stand to do so much dailies. And we feel it`s like talking to a wall whenever we bring it up for you. There are so many who have adressed their conserns, and it starts to get annoying when you dont seem to get out point at all.

You are making it harder to raid hardcore now in MOP. We have to use more time, which sometimes wonders me if its worth it. I`ve allways been a top raider, but now I feel I need to step down soon if things doesnt change. Some may like doing all the dailies and stuff, and people does have different ways to look at it. But all the serious raiders "hate" the current situation. We have life beside wow aswell. (ps I raid 20-25 hours a week).
    Farming mats for flasks, pots, VP, charms etc. gets me to hate the dailies. And by hate, I mean hate. I still havnt heard one skilled raider who has shared their enjoy of it yet.

So please blizzard, do something. You know how many who dislike the dailies. Same quests _over and over_ gain. Repet. Meh.... "Kill x amounts of those, gather x amounts of these"...

Me <- QQ
    Last edited by Froziro; 2012-12-23 at 09:23 PM.

Deleted
    After reading the blue posts, and the whining about whatever player was just complaining for the sake of complaining (lawl I don't wanna do damage, but i wanna kill thangs), I'm starting to wish the Mayan Apocalipse was actually true, so that these people would cease existing, dear lord, people that stupid should pay a fine.

Deleted
    Personally stopped playing this game because of the dailies. More ppl should do the same until Blizzard realises to add alternative ways of earning those charms (pet battles dont even count), or remove them completely. Because they are mandatory in any decent raiding guild, no matter what they say. If ppl say that it isn't mandatory, I might aswell reforge my gear totally wrong on purpose, it's the same thing with not doing dailies.

I've never stopped playing WoW because of anything going ingame, until these dailies. That tells alot. Blizzard needs to wake the f up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Guy wants to heal not DPS, Guy wants to be able to do what HE enjoys in a game not be forced into a role he doesn't.
    Exactly.

I did not make any of the demands the blue poster suggests I did. I just did point out to him (or her) that I choose "Holy Paladin" for a) I only do enjoy to be healer and b) I only do enjoy ranged classes. Of all roles in the game, Melee DPS is the very thing I detest to play *the most*. It is why I did not create one.

So I just was pointing out that I was not finding these Daily Quests "fun" and felt my options kind of were limited to progress in that type of content.

I did not seekRep Tabards / Exclusive content for healers only / daily quests to be removed for ALL for "you do not like them", or any of the other things he wishes to imply that I did.

What I was saying was .. for a player in my position, MoP kind of is similar to Cataclysm - it is "dungeon" "raid" or "stand at ogrimar".

I did suggest more daily quests of Cataclysm Firelands design though. "Throw bears from a tree" "Walk this mob up a hill and destroy a tower - they shall help you" "pick rocks up from the ground" "Kill mobs at satheria roost, these NPC's shall help" "run around a cave and click runes" - for these type of quests did seem more accessible to all 3 roles than the MoP daily quests wich seem to be designed only with DPS classes in mind.

Though I do have my reply. "Make DPS" *shrugs*.
    Last edited by mmoc02e8801e34; 2012-12-23 at 10:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Love how many people are crying about charms, and the MoP system making it "harder" to reliably get gear because you have to grind dailies for them.

I guess they're forgetting that these are a brand new feature to earn a chance at additional loot in conjunction to the loot you already won from regular drops.

We lived without them for three expacs. You're getting a chance at additional free loot from a boss and you're whining that you have to put in additional time in order to do so? And you call yourself "hardcore" - ie, lording over the lesser peons, putting in long raid hours, doing whatever it takes for an edge, but somehow dailies for free loot are out of the question?

I bet most of these people are the ones that cried about "casuals getting too much free loot ruining the game".

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Love how many people are crying about charms, and the MoP system making it "harder" to reliably get gear because you have to grind dailies for them.

I guess they're forgetting that these are a brand new feature to earn a chance at additional loot in conjunction to the loot you already won from regular drops.

We lived without them for three expacs. You're getting a chance at additional free loot from a boss and you're whining that you have to put in additional time in order to do so? And you call yourself "hardcore" - ie, lording over the lesser peons, putting in long raid hours, doing whatever it takes for an edge, but somehow dailies for free loot are out of the question?

I bet most of these people are the ones that cried about "casuals getting too much free loot ruining the game".
    Didn't you get the memo? Every person is in a hardcore slave driving 55 hour a week bleeding edge progression guild where if they don't have every upgrade in the game by the fourth week they end up in a river with concrete shoes. I wonder what that person did when he used his charms and got gold 90% of the time other than probably throw a fit like a child.

I can understand the argument if the coin was a GUARANTEE of loot. It's not. It's not even close to a guarantee and it never will be. This entire "it's mandatory" is absolute crap and a joke. Nothing in this game is mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Froziro View Post

So please blizzard, do something. You know how many who dislike the dailies. Same quests _over and over_ gain. Repet. Meh.... "Kill x amounts of those, gather x amounts of these"...

Me <- QQ
    Fantastic idea. Lets go back to the tabard idea! But first lets look at the daily method.

I can completely go at my own pace. No waiting for others

vs

Equip Tabard. Queue for dungeon. Wait 35 minutes. Hopefully it's not a bad group. Kill trash. Kill 3-5 bosses. Good group, only took 20 minutes
    Queue for dungeon. Wait 40 minutes. Got a bad group. This dungeon takes about 40 minutes.

1 Hour 35 minutes later, I've killed the same old trash, and the same old bosses.

Oh man, that was so much better.

Why do people not understand that putting on a tabard and clearing dungeons over and over.. -is the same logistical effort and reasoning- as doing dailies solo and clearing the same quests over and over?

It's the same exact god damn thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Froziro View Post
    Im currently in a top guild. I use much time on farming mats for flask, pots etc. I farm VP aswell(1000 vp asap after reset). And these charms "of hell"......
    Not trying to nitpick here, but I'm calling B.S. on this. Please define, "top guild"

Because I'm no where near in a "top guild" anymore. We were US 200ish back in Cata, but had a slow start due to a few issues we had in October and early November. We're back up to around US 600, and we're 4/6H-6/6-4/4 . Clearly not a "top" guild. That being said,

I have absolutely no problems getting flasks, pots, Valor points, charms, food, whatever. Here's the secret.

Everyone in the guild pitches in. One person farms Tiger Meat for raid feasts. Two people farm Danio for 20 minutes before raid time. One to two people farm herbs. The end result of this is: Everyone has food. Will always have food. We have more flasks and golden lotus than we could ever imagine using. We have more stat pots than we could use.

Stop treating this like a single player MMO and make your "top guild" chip in and get shit done the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post

Quoted for Truth.

I remember when dailies only gave you a minimal amount of gold, yet people still had the incentive to do them. Now they give you a chance at FREE GEAR that is relevant to the raid tier, but that's just asking too much.

Summary: People did dailies when they didn't reward anything, didn't complain. People do dailies when the reward something, complain.

My absolute favorite quote from the MMO-Champion forums was someone saying that "this entire community should be isolated and studied for scientific research." It's conversations like this thread, and the WoW-Forums, that make me guffaw thinking back at that quote.
    Last edited by Shaley; 2012-12-23 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zivy View Post
    LOVE the T15, but the S13?! Wth? Just what we need.. a skull in the crotch. >.<
    I was just reading that whole "conversation" and realised that the topics in MMO-Champion seem like true wisdom

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Wait, people are complaining about not being able to kill stuff in dailies as a non-dps spec? O.O What the hell has this "community" come to....
    No, the complaint is that so much is tied to rep that you're pretty much forced to do dailies to progress if you don't raid (and to fill in gear gaps if you're raiding). And you obviously need to be DPS to do dailies. I feel it's overall poor design, but hey, what do I know.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 05:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    Fantastic idea. Lets go back to the tabard idea! But first lets look at the daily method.

vs

Equip Tabard. Queue for dungeon. Wait 35 minutes. Hopefully it's not a bad group. Kill trash. Kill 3-5 bosses. Good group, only took 20 minutes
    Queue for dungeon. Wait 40 minutes. Got a bad group. This dungeon takes about 40 minutes.

1 Hour 35 minutes later, I've killed the same old trash, and the same old bosses.

Why do people not understand that putting on a tabard and clearing dungeons over and over.. -is the same logistical effort and reasoning- as doing dailies solo and clearing the same quests over and over?
    Why don't you understand that all anyone wants is an option to be able to get rep another way than dailies? The option to be able to get rep through dungeons if they choose, since everyone can now choose to farm Valor through dungeons or dailies (which was never possible before). Wasn't MOP supposed to be the expansion with multiple progression paths, where you could advance your character no matter your playstyle?

So, why are dungeons getting left in the dust?

Some people like to do quests and dailies. Some prefer dungeons (and the queue time is much faster, plus you have more control over whether it's a good or bad group, if you tank or heal). Both should be viable, and somewhat equal, options. Right now, it's not even close. Dailies are a far better use of your time. I think that's wrong.

Sig by Isilrien

I have toons on multiple servers where players are always making groups to do dailies. You're not forced to be a dps. Find a group and *gasp* maybe socialize with people even! If you're both antisocial and stubborn then I have no idea what to tell you other than your problems go deeper than dailies.

People need to get over the idea that Blizz is ever going to go "oh yeah you were completely right and we were wrong..you being able to live in dungeons to grind rep is obviously the right thing to do we're sorry please keep giving us money". Spending a weekend grinding heroics with tabards to max all your reps is not a progression path. Tabards are not coming back (at least as they were in Cata). Get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    But that does not solve the big issue of the game. The big issue right now is that MOP is very unfriendly to alts and just mean and unfair to multirole characters. That needs to be fixed asap.
    The big issue right now is that MOP is [...] just mean and unfair to multirole characters.
    DAFUQ?!

Why do they even argue with these idiots? So much "blue-time" wasted...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post

vs

It's the same exact god damn thing!

Not trying to nitpick here, but I'm calling B.S. on this. Please define, "top guild"

Because I'm no where near in a "top guild" anymore. We were US 200ish back in Cata, but had a slow start due to a few issues we had in October and early November. We're back up to around US 600, and we're 4/6H-6/6-4/4 . Clearly not a "top" guild. That being said,

I have absolutely no problems getting flasks, pots, Valor points, charms, food, whatever. Here's the secret.

Everyone in the guild pitches in. One person farms Tiger Meat for raid feasts. Two people farm Danio for 20 minutes before raid time. One to two people farm herbs. The end result of this is: Everyone has food. Will always have food. We have more flasks and golden lotus than we could ever imagine using. We have more stat pots than we could use.

Stop treating this like a single player MMO and make your "top guild" chip in and get shit done the right way.

Quoted for Truth.

I remember when dailies only gave you a minimal amount of gold, yet people still had the incentive to do them. Now they give you a chance at FREE GEAR that is relevant to the raid tier, but that's just asking too much.

Summary: People did dailies when they didn't reward anything, didn't complain. People do dailies when the reward something, complain.

My absolute favorite quote from the MMO-Champion forums was someone saying that "this entire community should be isolated and studied for scientific research." It's conversations like this thread, and the WoW-Forums, that make me guffaw thinking back at that quote.

I agree with everything you said.

Getting really tired of your shit Blizzard. Scenarios suck, if I want to spend my time gathering and waiting - oh wait scrap that I don't, ever.

Dailies suck. In cataclysm we were forced to do dungeons for most of reputation grinding, and they were a freaking pain with pugs, frustratingly so. Now that dungeons are actually somewhat fun in MOP, there's almost no incentive to run them. And leveling alts is a pain cause there's only four freaking dungeons 85-90. I've gone from logging in everyday to logging in every couple of days now, now the guild raids are on a break till after new year and franky I see myself quitting soon. ps: I'm not doing any more FREAKING dailies.

edit: People are actually defending blizzard's BS posts about dailies, maybe the world did end and I'm in hell where warcraft players are even dumber than before... Jesus... We just want the option to get that rep with a tabard, it's not "the end of the world" asking for it, ffs.
    Last edited by Elrandir; 2012-12-23 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to get tired of all whiners. Blizzard did great job and if you don't like it, STOP play WoW. Clearly, this game isn't for you and there are many different MMORPG out there for you, probably the one that's very... "casual" so you can feel godly all the time. Grow up.

There is nothing stopping you from NOT doing dailies. If you feel like you have to, it's YOUR OWN fault. I occasionally take a break from doing dailies. It's not like the whole world is going to end. It's YOUR OWN fault for feeling the urge and need to gear up fast. The funny thing is... once they've cleared everything in such a short time, they're complaining there's nothing to do. What a hypocrisy!

Yeah Blizzard did a great job at forcing us to do the same quests over and freaking over again with all our alts, cause that's a bunch of fun. Freaking fanboys, I prefer running an instance with an alt instead of doing the same multiple batches of quests over and over again, I was sick of them long before getting revered on my main...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by QzwN View Post
    Personally stopped playing this game because of the dailies. More ppl should do the same until Blizzard realises to add alternative ways of earning those charms (pet battles dont even count), or remove them completely. Because they are mandatory in any decent raiding guild, no matter what they say. If ppl say that it isn't mandatory, I might aswell reforge my gear totally wrong on purpose, it's the same thing with not doing dailies.

I've never stopped playing WoW because of anything going ingame, until these dailies. That tells alot. Blizzard needs to wake the f up
    oh poor you, lil PVE hero has to do some actual work to get some extra loot try being a frost dk in pvp or anything in PVP its alot harder fighting real people than AI controlled mobs which get easier and easier every week and as you stopped playing wow get off this site as its a wow based fansite

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You can raid
    You can do LFR
    You can do dailies
    You can buy gear off the AH
    You can buy gear off the black market AH
    You can have gear crafted for you

This in comparison to past expansions where the answer was:

You can raid
    You can have gear crafted for you that requires the person making it to raid

Tell me again how we now have fewer options.

You miss the point.

The blue says the devs think you should do what they want. And MoP released and currently still has, only dailies for rep.
    If they had added rep into dailies, scenarios, instances, pvp even, turnins, grinds...then fine, because its player choice what to do. But that bliz post says you should play how the devs want you to, which is so amazinly backwards in terms of game design its silly. You dont tell the players how to play an MMO, you give them options and let them get on with it.

Answer me this:
    If bliz put in tabbards and I spent my time doing nothing but hc's, how would that harm anyone? (assuming there is a daily rep cap so I dont get rep faster than people doing dailies).

The answer is: There is no harm.
    The only arguement Bliz has is that the devs want you to play their content. And when a company starts designing for the developers ego rather than the player enjoyment, you can tell its all gone to hell.

If I was a dev and I realised all the players were doing one activity over another, know what I'd do? I'd do more of the popular activity, rather than have a hissy fit and try to force players into content they obviously dont enjoy. I would not remove dailies, I would leave them for those that enjoy them, but I woudl not remove the other methods jsut becuase it hurts my fragile ego that an awful lot of people think the daily quests I designed are boring and really badly set out.
    Last edited by mmoc4e3ce29075; 2012-12-23 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    DAFUQ?!

I know right, I dont even understand where this "unfriendly to alts" thing is coming from still. Since the Commendations that were added in 5.1 it only takes a few days to reach exalted, heck it can take 3 days to hit exalted with Cloud Serpents and 4 days to hit exalted with Tillers. Other reps are about 7 days give or take one or two....

10+ Year Old Account
    this "unfriendly to alts" thing is coming from
    Peeps are used to the higher Cata-Tiers where you got "phat purplz" for Justice points. They don't remember that in the beginning of Cata, every non raiding alt was basically locked in blues with a few crafting / rep epics. B/c it took 3(?) weeks to get one epic for VP and not every slot was even available.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    DAFUQ?!

thats the reason wow is going downhill cos there answering qwestions from fucking morons who know fuck all bout wow and are prolly about 9 yrs old