Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. I think plenty of people say "who care?" because they don't give a shit what they're doing as long as it gives them loot.
    Not wrong. There's a lot of people who don't care about the lore even though they should. They are short sighted.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Wouldn't it have been awesome if there were mechanics like the mobs in the catacombs, where you get isolated / down to 1hp / etc.?
    Fuck yeah.

Or anything really, fear of failing the warchief/High King, as a orc fear of once again being driven purely by rage as a slave to a pit lord unable to control my bloodlust, as a draenei, fear that no matter how far I run (and crash spaceships) the legion continues to pursue me.

If the Sha feed on the emotion of their namesake, the sha of fear is doing a pretty lackluster job, Sha of Anger, doubt and Hatred did a better job.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2012-12-23 at 07:49 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    They didn't need heroic difficulty they were hard enough. I don't know anyone personally who cleared Sunwell or Naxx in their respective times.
    Tbh the reason it was so "hard" is because the avg player today is much better and top guilds put a lot more effort into it now days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have to agree tbh, watched the method kill to see what the extra heroic phase was and i wasnt impressed. Theres nothing scary about it at all. Though tbh, all the shas have been a huge dissapointment for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Fuck yeah.

Or anything really, fear of failing the warchief/High King, as a orc fear of once again being driven purely by rage as a slave to a pit lord unable to control my bloodlust, as a draenei, fear that no matter how far I run (and crash spaceships) the legion continues to pursue me.

Yes but Blizzard didn't think of it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    Wrong. I think plenty of people say "who care?" because they don't give a shit what they're doing as long as it gives them loot.
    I care but I don't want 10 minutes of RP every time I do a raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Tbh the reason it was so "hard" is because the avg player today is much better and top guilds put a lot more effort into it now days.
    That, and bosses back then were too bugged to be killed. That's the "Difficulty" people miss.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    The fear-factor went up by around 482% when I turned the in-game sounds on.

His voice acting is pretty good, to be honest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Have to agree tbh, watched the method kill to see what the extra heroic phase was and i wasnt impressed. Theres nothing scary about it at all. Though tbh, all the shas have been a huge dissapointment for me.
    You never tried the last phase, I can hear that What you see in kill vids is far from reality very often, a kill vid can and will make a lot of things look simple.

Deleted
    I too feel that some of the content nowadays is lacking in atmosphere, though I can't say I help but not even listening to in-game sounds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    That, and bosses back then were too bugged to be killed. That's the "Difficulty" people miss.
    That as well yes. Bugs do still happen, but not the same amount and it usually get fixed pretty quick if something isn't working as intended.

A lot of people fail at reading comprehension here. I have no opinion on the fight as I haven't done it, but just had to come in here because I'm baffled at all the people jumping to conclusions.

If you are in here saying "Do heroic or GTFO" or any other nonsense that has nothing to do with the OP, you need to jump off the bandwagon because posts like that just make you look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Do you have any idea how long it took to get an epic full set back in pre-BC? We had much less accessibility than today even though we put in just as much effort. In pre-BC you were either part of a raiding guild and attended almost all raids to have enough dkp to roll on items, or you contented yourselv with an epic AV insignia and got yourself a Glowing Brightwood Staff off of the AH if you could manage to farm 1k+ gold.

It probably took 5x-10x more time to do anything in pre-BC than in today's world of warcraft.

[B]Not even mentioning how cheap the entire Terrace raid was, probably the smallest raid ever conceived since Onyxia, yet for 4 bosses, this fight was utterly boring and pointless, and whoever defends it as good is a serious hypocrite.
    Bastion of Twilight? (4 encounters) Baradin Hold? (3 encounters) Throne of the Four Winds? (2 encounters) Regurgitating the "Terrace is bad because it's small" line isn't quite as effective if you don't also notice the refutations and take them into account first.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Do you have any idea how long it took to get an epic full set back in pre-BC? We had much less accessibility than today even though we put in just as much effort. In pre-BC you were either part of a raiding guild and attended almost all raids to have enough dkp to roll on items, or you contented yourselv with an epic AV insignia and got yourself a Glowing Brightwood Staff off of the AH if you could manage to farm 1k+ gold.

It probably took 5x-10x more time to do anything in pre-BC than in today's world of warcraft.
    That's because Blizzard listen to the more casual players who can't dedicate them self to the game more than a few hours each week (To do LFR)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even mentioning how cheap the entire Terrace raid was, probably the smallest raid ever conceived since Onyxia, yet for 4 bosses, this fight was utterly boring and pointless, and whoever defends it as good is a serious hypocrite.
    made this a pointless thread to have opened, only highlighted by posts such as:
    okay........
    how about not playing and lfr and see the real fight? Close thread pls for dumbness
    That was your whine thread for today, yes?
    and so on.

If you want to have a discussion with a forum, you can't post a thread that says that everyone who disagrees with your opinion (stated as a fact, to boot) is a hypocrite. There is no real discussion to be had here.