Thread: Shaman Pride!

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shaman Pride!

How many of you play your Shaman through the ups and downs. I know a lot of people hope mains depending on the game and if you're in a high end raiding guild for a spot I guess I could understand. The shaman is actually my 3rd main. I played a Hunter first then a warrior because I found out how much I love melee then I tried a shaman for healing and I love enhance I raided most of cata as an enhance. I run Resto for RBGS and Arenas and in randoms I do all 3 I do ele in my resto gear and I have a honor set for enhance.

Either way between my dk, feral, warrior, hunter,lock none of them can hold my interest long even if they are stronger I always get bored and hop right back on my shaman. Just bored at work today thinking about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main has been Enhancement from the moment I started playing in BC. I've been a buff bot for the melee group in BC. I've been the GCD capped haste stacking guy raiding in WotLK. I went through Cata deciding if I should be using a caster mainhand. Now I'm still ENH main in MoP. I now have 2 90 enhancement shamans, 2 more 85 enhancement shamans, and several others at various levels across several servers. I am and always will be a shaman main as long as I continue to play this game. I do have other alts and would raid with them in WotLK and Cata on off raid nights, but never switched mains.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Switched from mage in early WotLK and never looked back. Shaman is absolutely amazing!

15+ Year Old Account
    I kinda switch between my Druid/Mage and Shaman. Currently playing my Shaman. Both in PvE and PvP. I love the state they are in healingwise.
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Forever Elemental since WoTLK. I do miss the Firelands days however ;(
    Leegion - Turalyon

Stopped raiding in MOP. Pugging Legion!

Elemental in - Elemental out.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Listen. I am all for you having pride in your class...but ffs, can the shaman community as a whole learn to write shaman after the word resto so the resto druids of the world aren't constantly clicking on your class specific threads?
    That is by far my biggest complaint about the resto shaman's of mmochamp.
    They think they own the word resto.
    /rant over, carry on loverly shamans of mmochamp
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    First character i made was a Tauren shaman, back in the burning crusade.
    Because Shaman and Tauren units were an awesome combo in warcraft 3.

Just like a breeze of destruction passing through the enemy base...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Listen. I am all for you having pride in your class...but ffs, can the shaman community as a whole learn to write shaman after the word resto so the resto druids of the world aren't constantly clicking on your class specific threads?
    That is by far my biggest complaint about the resto shaman's of mmochamp.
    They think they own the word resto.
    /rant over, carry on loverly shamans of mmochamp
    You are nothing but a wanna-be-shaman. A true shaman, usually played by the more intelligent people, would click forum, then navigate to the class section and click on the shaman sub forum. No way in the world that a shaman would end up in the druid forum. The typical druid, mostly played by people who are not intelligent enough to play shaman, will click 'what's new' and will then scroll through 79 pages of random topics to find druid info, while ending up mistakenly in the shaman forum. It's for the druid kind that they put safety labels on electrical devices. Now while shamans are clearly superior to druids, you still win it by miles from warriors, paladins, dks and mages. Which makes me think that removing the safety labels from electrical devices could free us from a whole bunch of random shockwaves and training TSG in arena.

Been enhancement pve since I started in WotLK. I originally rolled a shaman because I always like to play support classes in games and I loved the idea of a melee spell caster so I went with enhance. Loved it throughout Wrath and even loved playing it when we weren't that great in Cata. Enhance is now in a great place so I'm very happy I stuck with it.

I play all of the 4 of the hybrids, shaman/pally/monk/druid.. but by a massive margin is my shaman the oldest and thus the best.
    Shhh im typing this to u on my i phone on the toilet at work

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive seen everything on my shaman since the MC/ZG days. Always loved healing and bringing utility and dps to a raid.

I got 99 problems but playing my shaman ain't one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh i am sorry to say i am now a Brewmaster after being Enh from day 1 of BC to Day 1 of pandaria. Still me second favorite spec/class but yeah if shammies could tank would still be my main.

I've been an ele/resto shammy since i started playing and have always stuck with it. I like some of the other classes but never more than 1 spec on them and i get bored doing 1 role too often. Aside from that i raid in a laid back guild so i've never had a problem being top 5 dps in 25m or top 3 in 10m depending on the tier. My shammy will always be my main no matter how bad it may get..... although that is pve only. Ele has been bad for pvp for awhile and i've never gotten good at it, so if i want to pvp i use a disc priest or frost mage. I have played resto pvp but i can only stand 20+ minute matches in 2s for so long...lol.

I Play Resto Shaman since Vanilla

I've played my shaman since Wrath and sometimes I got disapointed with the changes, but I'm still there and I can compete very well with anyone in my guild. By compete I don't mean being 5% ahead of everyone. I mean staying in the top 5 pack.

I'm a proud elemental shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    First character i made was a Tauren shaman, back in the burning crusade.
    Because Shaman and Tauren units were an awesome combo in warcraft 3.

Just like a breeze of destruction passing through the enemy base...
    This is the exact reason why I made my Shaman a Tauren in the beginning as well! Orcs were soo good at that cheesiness lol.

As for the OP. I've played my shaman both on and off for 7 + years, always ending up playing him again at the beginning of each expansion. I started off in Vanilla as a Resto shaman, wielding The Unstoppable Force with Earthshield ( most depressing nerf in the history of the game imo =[ ) to playing pure enhance now. Resto seems a bit like TBC in Sunwell where we mass chain healed.. aka It's as easy as that.

Always and forever, For the Horde!

Deleted
    I would love to make a Orc Shaman, and take a pilgrimage to the mountain of Oshu'Gun and to the old dwelling place of the ancestors!

10+ Year Old Account
    My Shaman's been my main since we moved into T5 in TBC; I'd been our main paladin tank up to that point, but we needed a decent raid healer and recruitment wasn't happening. I got burned out on healing by the end of TBC (SPAM MOAR CH), and went Enh for WotLK and then Ele for Cata.

I'm possibly switching my main to my monk currently, but that's entirely due to my guild once again facing healer recruitment issues, and me really, really enjoying mistweavers in a war that I haven't enjoyed any healing spec before, in part due to the firstweaving component. It's a totally subjective reason, and if we were to recruit a healer in the next few weeks, I'd totally be back blowing things up as Elemental still, particularly with the goodness coming in 5.2.

Shaman pride eh..

It all started first I first picked up this game when I was deployed to Iraq in 2006 my buddy wanted someone to come join him so first few characters I ever made were a mage and a druid... Eventually we started new toons on Lethon.. Where I eventually stayed.. I made a Tauren shaman and had absolutely no clue what I was doing.. I eventually specced enh around level like 25 or so because I thought speccing into a 2h ax or mace was the coolest damn thing out there... I really wanted some axe from RFK / RFD .. I have so many fond memories of being terrible at this game and lvling all the way through to 70 yes it took me nearly a year to make 70.. I remember my first Epic ever was season 2 honor bracers and the harks helm from running heroic versions of dungeons in BC... I cant remember what it is called... eventually I moved through the raiding scale casual guilds to progressively more moderate guilds... till where I am now.. I remember almost all the changes from earth shock being an interrupt and moving to Wind shear.. to WF having no ICD the WF display animation changing. totem twisting in BC..... the changes with wrath and getting wolves.. flurry being nerfed to 25% then eventually buffed back to 30%.. the 4 drop totems and everyone complaining about the state of shaman's... I have so many shaman memories that it is rediculous.. But the biggest reason I have stayed enhancement is because some guy in BC was looking for people for kara.. I told him I could DPS as enh.. he then said that shaman's were ever only going to be good for one thing and that's healing so learn to heal, from that point on I have never looked back, wont heal on my shaman because of it.. This Tier at least has gone to show that Enh shaman are in a great place finally and it feels great!!

Anywho I hope you enjoy your shaman as much as I enjoy mine!!