Absorbs and Soul Link

Quick question. Does the damage you take from Soul Link when your pet takes damage get absorbed by all types of shields? I know Twilight Ward absorbs the damage, but I wanted to know if all absorbs do it because I am wondering if the change to Soul Leech (turning the heal from the damage you deal into a shield instead) is a nerf to destro soloing or not.

I don't think anyone can confirm or deny this since it's not released yet, but I assume it will since it will be most likely an absorb for all incoming damage like any other absorb is, since it effects both you and your pet.

"Your Shadow Bolt, Soul Fire, Fel Flame and Touch of Chaos spells grant you and your pet a shadowy shield that absorbs 10% of the damage dealt for 15 sec."

Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    I don't think anyone can confirm or deny this since it's not released yet, but I assume it will since it will be most likely an absorb for all incoming damage like any other absorb is, since it effects both you and your pet.

"Your Shadow Bolt, Soul Fire, Fel Flame and Touch of Chaos spells grant you and your pet a shadowy shield that absorbs 10% of the damage dealt for 15 sec."
    What I was asking was not if the shield from this talent would absorb the damage taking from soul link, but if all types of absorption shields absorb the damage from Soul Link

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    What I was asking was not if the shield from this talent would absorb the damage taking from soul link, but if all types of absorption shields absorb the damage from Soul Link
    Oh. That I would not know since I haven't given it an opportunity to test it in a raid environment . I know sac pact does same with dark bargain though.

My guess would be yes as the typical order of incoming damage calculation is:

Initial Damage -> Damage Reductions/Amplifications -> Absorbs -> Final Damage

Out of which gets checked first Outside Absorbs or Personal Absorbs I don't know.

I know sac pact does same with dark bargain though.
    Not quite sure what you are saying here. If you are saying that Sac Pact absorbs before Dark Bargain that is impossible since they are on the same talent tier. I do know for sure though that Unending Resolve gets factored in before both Sac Pact and DB so I would have no reason to believe it would affect Soul Link differently.