1. #1
    The Patient Varum93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    322

    Shopping list help

    Ok so i recently built a PC and just wantng last few bits.

    I need some links to cheap but decent parts for this.



    I need 4 standard size case fans preferably with blue LEDs. (how are these powered also)

    a 120GB SSD

    Some blue siberia V2 headset.

    a decent gaming keyboard. (preferbly blue LED) for around £60 - £70

    a decent gaming mouse ((preferably blue) for around £50 - £70

    A new mouse mat.


    Would appreciate any feedback and help.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Elemental Lord Notarget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    8,232
    SSD: Crucial 128GB M4 (good price/performance and reliable)

    If you're dead set on a headset then I suggest something better quality like the Corsair Vengeance 1500 and it's got some blue in it.

    Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K90 above budget but good quality, Blue LED, mechanical.
    Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4 This is quite good considering it's price but not Blue LED (anti-ghosting is nice)
    Keyboard: Logitech G110 decent quality (no anti-ghosting) more or less any color you prefer (via software).

    Mouse (MMO): Corsair Vengeance M90 - ~£50 (fits budget, multiple buttons for MMO's+, Blue LED, I can recommend this one from personal experience)
    Mouse: Logitech G500
    Mouse: Zowie AM Pro Gaming Mouse

    Really any mouse mat you like, I use Razer Vespula, you can change surface depending on what you like, wrist wrest if you like that as well.

    SteelSeries Surface QcK, cheaper and gets the job done?
    CPU: Intel i7-4790k 4.7GHz MB: ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1-Gaming 1519MHz Boost RAM: Corsair Pro 16GB 1866MHz
    SSD: Samsung 850-EVO 500GB PSU: Corsair RM550 CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Monitor: 1440p Dell U2515H 1080p LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2015 || AV-TEST 2014

  3. #3
    Warchief Zogarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    SSD: Crucial 128GB M4 (good price/performance and reliable)

    If you're dead set on a headset then I suggest something better quality like the Corsair Vengeance 1500 and it's got some blue in it.

    Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K90 above budget but good quality, Blue LED, mechanical.
    Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4 This is quite good considering it's price but not Blue LED (anti-ghosting is nice)
    Keyboard: Logitech G110 decent quality (no anti-ghosting) more or less any color you prefer (via software).

    Mouse (MMO): Corsair Vengeance M90 - ~£50 (fits budget, multiple buttons for MMO's+, Blue LED, I can recommend this one from personal experience)
    Mouse: Logitech G500
    Mouse: Zowie AM Pro Gaming Mouse

    Really any mouse mat you like, I use Razer Vespula, you can change surface depending on what you like, wrist wrest if you like that as well.

    SteelSeries Surface QcK, cheaper and gets the job done?
    I would also recommend all these except for the G500 mouse. Me and my brother have both had one, and they both broke after around a half year because of something with the cable.

  4. #4
    The Patient Varum93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    SSD: Crucial 128GB M4 (good price/performance and reliable)

    If you're dead set on a headset then I suggest something better quality like the Corsair Vengeance 1500 and it's got some blue in it.

    Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K90 above budget but good quality, Blue LED, mechanical.
    Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4 This is quite good considering it's price but not Blue LED (anti-ghosting is nice)
    Keyboard: Logitech G110 decent quality (no anti-ghosting) more or less any color you prefer (via software).

    Mouse (MMO): Corsair Vengeance M90 - ~£50 (fits budget, multiple buttons for MMO's+, Blue LED, I can recommend this one from personal experience)
    Mouse: Logitech G500
    Mouse: Zowie AM Pro Gaming Mouse

    Really any mouse mat you like, I use Razer Vespula, you can change surface depending on what you like, wrist wrest if you like that as well.

    SteelSeries Surface QcK, cheaper and gets the job done?
    Keyboard: Whats Anti-Ghosting and mechanical :P sorry im derp just want to learn.


    Also not too keen on any of them mice.

    like that razer mouse mat.

    just need some fans and a mouse now :P

  5. #5
    Elemental Lord Notarget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    8,232
    What are you looking for when it comes to the mouse? Check out the mice suggestions from Marest

    Mechanical Keyswitches, Membrane Keyswitches, Scissor-Switch Membrane Keyswitches

    Keyboard Ghosting Explained

    Sorry I can't really help you with the fans.
    CPU: Intel i7-4790k 4.7GHz MB: ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1-Gaming 1519MHz Boost RAM: Corsair Pro 16GB 1866MHz
    SSD: Samsung 850-EVO 500GB PSU: Corsair RM550 CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Monitor: 1440p Dell U2515H 1080p LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2015 || AV-TEST 2014

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans shroudster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    2,890
    why value "blue leds/colors" over performance?
    i understand things should look nice and all, but forcing a color scheme at the likely cost of performance i cannot phantom.

  7. #7
    Elemental Lord Notarget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    8,232
    NZXT Sleeved LED Kit ~$16 there is a cheaper 1 meter model as well.

    Then you can pick any fan you like?

    Corsair SP120 Performance Edition or Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition maybe? they come in white as well
    CPU: Intel i7-4790k 4.7GHz MB: ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1-Gaming 1519MHz Boost RAM: Corsair Pro 16GB 1866MHz
    SSD: Samsung 850-EVO 500GB PSU: Corsair RM550 CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Monitor: 1440p Dell U2515H 1080p LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2015 || AV-TEST 2014

  8. #8
    The Patient Varum93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    why value "blue leds/colors" over performance?
    i understand things should look nice and all, but forcing a color scheme at the likely cost of performance i cannot phantom.
    not forcing just preferance would pay a little more if I had to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    NZXT Sleeved LED Kit ~$16 there is a cheaper 1 meter model as well.

    Then you can pick any fan you like?

    Corsair SP120 Performance Edition or Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition maybe? they come in white as well

    How are these powered and how do they attach to case.

    Them descripitions are what I wanted thanks.

    and for mice why has no one suggested Razer Mice thats what I have used in the past.
    Last edited by Varum93; 2012-12-22 at 11:08 PM.

  9. #9
    Elemental Lord Notarget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    8,232
    I'm not suggesting Razer mice because they're generally lower quality and a lot of them suffers from double click issues. I do like the Deathadder from Razer but again you could get unlucky and get the double click issue.

    I assume you're asking about the LED kit? (just do a Google search for more on this)

    CPU: Intel i7-4790k 4.7GHz MB: ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1-Gaming 1519MHz Boost RAM: Corsair Pro 16GB 1866MHz
    SSD: Samsung 850-EVO 500GB PSU: Corsair RM550 CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Monitor: 1440p Dell U2515H 1080p LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2015 || AV-TEST 2014

  10. #10
    The Patient Varum93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    I'm not suggesting Razer mice because they're generally lower quality and a lot of them suffers from double click issues. I do like the Deathadder from Razer but again you could get unlucky and get the double click issue.

    I assume you're asking about the LED kit? (just do a Google search for more on this)

    ah nice video shows what I wanted will have to get some of them thanks!

    thinking of getting a deathadder.

    any idea how good razer keyboards are?

  11. #11
    The Patient jholdaway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    297
    I'm currently using a Deathadder mouse and I love it. For a keyboard I'm using a Razer Deathstalker (cheap version). Just got it about a week ago and seems to be working just fine. It's green backlit instead of blue though. Was using a Razer Lycosa before and had nothing but problems with it. Just before I replaced it the number and letter keys quit working. All the other buttons worked though. If you want one that's blue backlit and has macro capabilities the Razer Anansi is in your price range.

  12. #12
    The Patient Varum93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by jholdaway View Post
    I'm currently using a Deathadder mouse and I love it. For a keyboard I'm using a Razer Deathstalker (cheap version). Just got it about a week ago and seems to be working just fine. It's green backlit instead of blue though. Was using a Razer Lycosa before and had nothing but problems with it. Just before I replaced it the number and letter keys quit working. All the other buttons worked though. If you want one that's blue backlit and has macro capabilities the Razer Anansi is in your price range.
    thanks will look into these.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •