Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Spirit beasts are bullshit

I've been checking all locations a few times a day for the past 2 months, all i've found was the time lost proto drake, which I don't give a shit about. im starting to think spirit beasts don't even spawn on my server, what the fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this narrowly slipped in as my favorite Recent Posts title of 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhs View Post
    I've been checking all locations a few times a day for the past 2 months, all i've found was the time lost proto drake, which I don't give a shit about.
    This is also very amusing.

I like this thread.

OP is full of win.

Just a theory here, correct me if I am wrong, but with CRZ it is now harder to find these pets, since you arent just competing with hunters on your own server, you are also competing again hunters from every other server.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Just a theory here, correct me if I am wrong, but with CRZ it is now harder to find these pets, since you arent just competing with hunters on your own server, you are also competing again hunters from every other server.
    To quote Blizz here: working as intended. hurrrrr
    Look! Words!

welcome to cross-realm era bullshit.

Go MM and be good.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Fly over an area on a flight point, area is littered with pet I can pet battle, land and travel to said area, pets are gone. CRZ isn't applied during flight paths, but is when you land. CRZ is lame.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    If you are causally flying by you're not going to find one, not unless you are stupidly lucky that is.

I currently own every single Spirit Beast and I've helped countless of Hunters on my real specifically get their desired pets. I didn't just pass by, saw a shiny creature, and then slipped and fell on top of my tame beast button. Some of the pets I have I had to camp for hours and hours straight only taking bathroom breaks in between. And there are plenty of Hunters who still do that right now.

If you want a Spirit Beast, start camping. Be happy you got a mount hardly anyone will ever get a chance to get, let alone even find.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2012-12-23 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    If you are causally flying by you're not going to find one, not unless you are stupidly lucky that is.

I currently own every single Spirit Beast and I've helped countless of Hunters on my real specifically get their desired pets. I didn't just pass by, saw a shiny creature, and then dropped and fell on top of my tame beast button. Some of the pets i have I had to camp for hours and hours straight only taking bathroom breaks in between. And there are plenty of Hunters who still do that right now.

If you want a Spirit Beast, start camping. Be happy you got a mount hardly anyone will ever get a chance to get, let alone even find.
    No kidding. My partner made me spend 7 hours once camping some spirity wolf in Wrath. Forget where it spawns...Storm Peaks maybe? 7 hours.

OP: You won't get these pets with "fly by" type of camping. You need NPCScan and a lot of patience.

Funny, I got ghostcrawler, the bear, and Karoma the second I went to their location all the same day, and I play on Kel'thuzad LOL couldn't be more over populated

Every spirit beast I have I had to sit and camp an hour+ for. Never once have I just "flown by the spawns" and had one actually be there.

Guise im mad I havn't killed all teh MoP rares yet coz I flew'd round teh map once and dint kill tem allz.

all i've found was the time lost proto drake, which I don't give a shit about.
    Wwaaa? This made my day lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomenommer View Post
    Funny, I got ghostcrawler, the bear, and Karoma the second I went to their location all the same day, and I play on Kel'thuzad LOL couldn't be more over populated
    How long ago was this if I may ask? Just out of curiosity. How populated your realm is doesn't really mean anything with cross realm zones though.

Anyway to the OP if you want a Spirit Beast simply for the stats your best bet is going after Ghostcrawler. Not only is he way out the way, but you also need to do intro quests and travel around that god awefull Vash'ir area. He's not that desired either so you shouldn't run into many issues finding him.

From experience Gondria and Karoma are up quite often as well. Karoma is almost the same deal as Ghostcrawler and Gondria isn't usually sought after by collectors because there are 3 Spirit Beasts with that same model.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2012-12-23 at 09:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny, Ghostcrawler is the one pet that evades me to this day no matter when I check or how often. Nailed the other sparklemagic pets without much effort, except Loque, which took some time. I've gotten Gondria 3 separate times while being in Zul'Drak for other reasons, I think that's got to be the least-desired one.

Then I feel guilty because I never, ever spec BM since I don't like it or pets. But they're so pretty I just have to grab them when I see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    How long ago was this if I may ask? Just out of curiosity. How populated your realm is doesn't really mean anything with cross realm zones though.
    CRZ doesn't effect high pop realms, hence why I am thinking of going to one so I only have to compete why my own realm for shit and not some shmuck from a random server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    I like CRZ, but even before CRZ it was pretty hard to get Loque. I didn't really camp him, but I often logged in with my alt to check the area, even during off times, and there ALWAYS were some hunters flying around. I thought everyone should be busy with Cata back then, but that wasn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    CRZ doesn't effect high pop realms, hence why I am thinking of going to one so I only have to compete why my own realm for shit and not some shmuck from a random server.
    I often see CRZ players on my max. pop realm.

Last edited by Sarevoc; 2012-12-23 at 10:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Cross realm zones only kick in when certain zones are underpopulated. If your overpopulated server has no one in say Twilight Highlands cross realm zones will still kick in. If half your server is in Twilight Highlands, it won't.

You are always going to have populated areas whether it's from your server or not.

all i've found was the time lost proto drake, which I don't give a shit about..
    I'll take it...

I've been checking all locations a few times a day for the past 2 months, all i've found was the time lost proto drake, which I don't give a shit about. im starting to think spirit beasts don't even spawn on my server, what the fuck.
    No You see the GM's are watching when you play and not letting them spawn when you play. What you have to do is unequip your gracers adn find a strength trinket, and Go MM and they will spawn. >.<

But really. it's the CRZ, which sucks, but I've come across 3 spirit beasts since MoP.
    Say what you have to say, not what you ought.
    Any truth is better than make-believe.