10+ Year Old Account

Lend Me Your Ears...And Opinions.

Hey guys it's Fearless again, and this time the question i have to ask of you has more of a "personal" dealing.

Ever since WoW hit shelves on November 23, 2004 it has received nothing short of universal acclaim, praise, love, and admiration in the world of gaming. It is nothing short of an American treasure. With hundreds of thousands of things to do, and millions of people to do them, if anyone has ever needed to waste a mere 5-10 or 15-30 hours in a week then WoW is the perfect subscription (pun sadly intended).

But enough of the daisies and tulips, it's time to get down to the grit and grime.

We all know that WoW can become similar to an addicitive drug to an avid player, but is this because of the recreational value, or the addicting qualities of accomplishment? A fun new experience graces the face of Azeroth, but within months the true opium bares it's head. Raiding and overall completionism may begin to pull and tug at the occasional user's psyche and produce something...undesirable.

Leveling becomes a need, and raiding becomes a chore to some, but they won't quit. Is this how you depict your experience after capping? Or do you still have great times raiding and socializing in Azeroth?

So without further adieu,

How fun is WoW to you?
    There is no hope without fear.

sometimes wow is one of the best games ive ever played, sometimes wow frustrates me to no end.

at the end of the day wow is a fun game with a story i love that never ends and considering games cost around 50-60$ and i typically beat them within a few days having a game that never ends is a good thing
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    sometimes wow is one of the best games ive ever played, sometimes wow frustrates me to no end.

at the end of the day wow is a fun game with a story i love that never ends and considering games cost around 50-60$ and i typically beat them within a few days having a game that never ends is a good thing
    I agree, the lore is epic and the gameplay is enthralling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    But having a game that never ends seems a bit sad doesn't it? I hate to think about it but this never-ending game will eventually come to a stop at some point. I have a hard time imagining WoW expand forever.... Imagine your character at level 120 and repeating what you are doing right now but only with new content (or different packaging if you will)... Having a hard time imagining that as well?

I have had tons of fun on WoW. I have almost every achievement that is easy to get and quite a few of the harder ones, some feats of strength, have had the opportunity to play every class (but not every race which I have no intentions of doing) so my answer is that my "fun" in azeroth has become quite limited to chasing rares and the weekly raids. I can still see myself enjoying this game for another two or three years.. But what comes after that is hard to think of... All I am sure of is that WoW is not it... But who knows, I might be wrong ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever since i heard of World of Warcraft i felt something with it, First time i heard of it in my country was when i was watching TV and a commercial came on TV with Mr.T talking about World of Warcraft first impression of it was that it looked amazing, and i wanted to be part of that!
    But i didn't really join yet after it, after there was another commercial on TV of WoW with osbourne about being the prince of darkness i even did like the game more.
    Then i saw the Wrath of the lich king trailer and my mind was blown.

And short time after that i saw South Park his episode about 'Make Love not Warcraft' and even till now i still think thats the best South Park Episode they ever made so far.
    After that episode i joined World of Warcraft a few days later.
    First time was so amazing, i was leveling a dwarf paladin and he felt like a king in my eyes.
    everything i did felt so amazing even killing 10 boars was like a big victory for me, and i felt so amazing, and i never spent so much time on a game before i remember to play World of Warcraft 16+ hours a day NON stop.
    16hours a day leveling, for some thats a nightmare but for me it felt so amazing and every quest i did was so amazing and everytime i leveled up once i headed out to goldshire just to show everyone my pride that i leveled, after 1 hour of slacking in goldshire i went out again to level up once more.
    Took me 2 months with 16 hours a day to become level 80 on my paladin. You didn't want to know how proud i felt and how much the connection was with me and the game.
    i remember that i did get my first epics and it felt like legendary in my eyes and i felt undefeatable( Ofcourse i was a total noob and i got killed by most 80ers who actually could play their clas correctly :P)

After months i started to raid with a group of people, and i wasn't the best but i didn't mind being in the raid felt so amazing, i remember to be in naxx and ICC and ToC trying to get some progress but it didn't go smooth but it was fun though.

And when cataclysm came that experience went down a bit, not because cataclysm was that bad but because i played WOTLK almost everyday for more then 10 hours if i could.

And in Cataclysm i repeated the raiding and got a new class that is a hunter, which i trained well and knew my class very well, and i still do <3
    I wasn't only everyday anymore because i didn't like the raid content as much as i did in WOTLK, not that they were that bad but the enviroment of the raids i hated.
    and i did spent alot of times that i had on farming achievements, i love achievements in world of warcraft, and i'm always glad to look at it when i open my achievement book. (That's my WoW drug)

And when Mists of Pandaria was announced for the first time my first thought was that i wanted to quit WoW forever, and never come back.
    Not because of Pandas, not at all! But because i never liked asian themed games because they are to asian in my eyes, (not to be racist :P), that's one of the reasons i like WoW because it is a MMO that isn't all asian and all.

But i was and still am a true WoW fan and i wanted to try out the new expansion to see if it was any goods, and each update they brought about MoP was pretty amazing, even thought this theme isn't all my style i did began to like it.
    And after awhile of watching PTR videos of people showing how MoP is, i kinda felt in love.
    Something i didn't feel in Cataclysm.

I still do think the asian theme wasn't the best of thing to do, because not just that but also the Panda jokes with kung fu panda was a thing they should have known that will be a thing in this expansion, and it is a little childish and it might cost them subscribers, but i don't care alot due true WoW fans would stick around and those assholes would leave =D

When Mists of Pandaria went live i started to level for hours like i did in WOTLK, like 10 hours a day.
    The questing is fun, i didn't had this much fun in a while, and the questing did say alot of lore from pandaria which is amazing to.
    and after 1 week of noliving i finaly became 90, and i was proud ofcourse, not as proud as when i turned 80 in WOTLK but i was proud to be 90.
    and i got to say Raiding this expansion is amazing, and so far it's really good and i hope 5.2 will be as good as i think it will be.
    I think raiding this expansion will be the best, and i hope PvP gets fixed to in the next patch so classes can't burst as much.
    I hope for the sake of WoW just because blizzard deserves it from what they made that WoW Reaches back the 12million+ subs and goes over the top again.
    I'm sick of the WoW is dying threats..

But to say if WoW is a drug and if im addicted to it?
    No, i don't think WoW is my kind of drug where i will get addicted from, atleast not anymore i played this game for around 4 years now and i do still play alot, but it isn't that i can't be without it, i got WoW books i got WoW apps on my iphone i got alot of those stuff, but i can live without it for a week if i must to
    Last edited by Gimlix; 2012-12-23 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It used to be a fun and entertaining alternate world; a 'real' fictional place I could visit. Everything was fun: from just looking at the world, to watching my avatar fight or cast, to completing perilous quests and battling evil foes in the depths far below the surface or on other worlds. Sometime between the end of BC and the start of Cata, it ceased to be immersive for me and turned into 'just another game'. By the end of Cata, it was just a poorly disguised Skinner Box, designed to keep me paying Blizzard $15 a month. Just my $0.02, obviously other opinions will vary.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW grows, me play.

Simple as that.