Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    If they're redoing the models from scratch, it maybe doable.

EQ2 has the option of height/girth with their models. My max height and wide Barbarian Paladin...

http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/a..._Came_Home.jpg

With the facegen in that game also styled the face (eyebrows/eyes/ear elevation/mouth expression)...

http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/a...=EQ2_Glare.png

Unlike even RIFT and Skyrim you can truly customize those elements.

EQ2 is now testing facial expressions in the game, insync with the ingame chat, even...
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/01/so...ur-eq2-avatar/
    Though the idea is cool, but the models can't be made form "scratch" scratch. They have guidelines to follow. Pandaren is the level of customization to achieve, but not surpass, that would make the pandaren obsolete as well.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 06:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The only real way they can implement height/weight is in a non-slider format. Where you just select options from a dropdown list and each option is a different model.
    Yeah, I think as well that sliders are out of the question given how the models work. The only viable option would be different models for body types.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 06:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Korgesh View Post
    Seperated Hair/Face paint(trolls) and face tattoo(night elf) color, and body tatoos
    Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    face paint for female trolls
    This! facepaint for trolls and tattoos for night elves, as separate features.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Though the idea is cool, but the models can't be made form "scratch" scratch. They have guidelines to follow. Pandaren is the level of customization to achieve, but not surpass, that would make the pandaren obsolete as well.
    When I'm referring to scratch I mean fresh rigging/bones of it's base models (which have to redone to support the joints for more lifelike motion). Since it has to be redone, it can well be a possibility. Since I didn't read they had vector limitations with the models (some engines have hard limits per model), adding features to make customizable facial and body features could exist.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Body shape ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and animations. Some unified fighting styles and more casting animations, using staff, smashing fist into ground to cast shaman Thunderstrike, cutting himself for a warlock, etc.

I'd like to see:
    Options for sub-races (this varies, as some are just skin colors and others are more complicated)
    Body types/heights (from presets, not sliders)
    Separate mutual exclusive choices (such as beards and eyebrows for night elf male)

10+ Year Old Account
    Dyes, i need them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

As a Forsaken, options to either cower elbows and knees, or finish the job and remove all flesh.

For my Night Elves, earring/jewelry options, more hairstyles, more face tattoos and even body ones, more hair colours including black hair, more skin tones, and the option to select gold, silver or blue glow for the eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose I have to know whether you're asking "what a person would like to see" or "what we can realistically expect."

Things like stature, height, posture, body sizes/types... basically, anything that changes the proportions of the model itself, is a long shot at best. They'd have to quality check every armor item in the game for each range of body type to ensure it wasn't glitched (and if it is, go in and fix it graphically.) That would be a major feat unto itself.

More realistically, I'd like some smoother animations (perhaps a few more varied ones as well, so we're not repeating the same four animations over and over again in combat,) in addition to the model and skeleton updates.

Oh, and the option to cover up their exposed bones of forsaken would be nice... they look so twiggy in plate armor.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

A height adjuster for all the races..
    or at least the option to pick between different types
    (See: Sandfury Troll; Big Bulky troll; Frost-troll), the different skin color options for the 'other' varients of the races would be pretty cool too.
    BIG CHUNKUS

Different manes for (female) worgen, and fix the horrible clipping with hoods.

I would like features similar to GW2 character creation but I just dont see it happening, I don't believe the engine was made in that way with those intentions anyway.

WoW models could stand some body types the same way they can handle belt and cape types: with new meshes on the same old model.

of course, the drawback to this is that the amount of body types would be very limited, but even if there were just 3 body types for every race ("small and weak with tiny breasts", "medium medium with medium breasts" and "big and strong with big breasts"), it would be better than what we have right now.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm as a forsaken, I am not really sure what options I would want. Beards would be kinda interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    WoW models could stand some body types the same way they can handle belt and cape types: with new meshes on the same old model.

of course, the drawback to this is that the amount of body types would be very limited, but even if there were just 3 body types for every race ("small and weak with tiny breasts", "medium medium with medium breasts" and "big and strong with big breasts"), it would be better than what we have right now.
    New meshes on the same model sounds the most unplausible to me, since body type would also affect the boots, gloves and belt meshes; it would make the model roughly three times heavier. Now, can the engine handle that? I don't really know. Besides, how the game "reads" the armor and matches it with the corresponding mesh with make it troublesome, as gloves/boots/belts meshes could be dependant of the body time mesh. Can that be done? I don't really know, the only thing I know from wow models comes from milkshape.

New meshes on the same model sounds the most unplausible to me, since body type would also affect the boots, gloves and belt meshes; it would make the model roughly three times heavier. Now, can the engine handle that? I don't really know. Besides, how the game "reads" the armor and matches it with the corresponding mesh with make it troublesome, as gloves/boots/belts meshes could be dependant of the body time mesh. Can that be done? I don't really know, the only thing I know from wow models comes from milkshape.
    I'd say the engine can handle it. in theory, all it has to do is to read a value and load the meches that value uses. hairstyles work on that basis. it would be just like if our characters had 2 "hairstyles" at the same time.

the playable models could get somewhat heavier, but not 3 times. being muscular wouldn't affect your hair, or your cape, for instance. besides, a game that can load dalaran surely can load more complex character models lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Technically they could have thought ahead and made the pandaren ready for such customization, just not enabled it before all the other races are able to reach the same level. You have to remember that they did announce the model updates long before release of MoP. You can argue if this is realistic or not, but I'm just saying they could have done it

I'd like to see few different body types and more beards in general. Also similar nose customization for all races like the goblins have.

Deleted
    What I REALLY want to see is:

• Orcs: Blizzard confirmed that at one point, the corruption of mannoroth should wear off. Time has past, and I think after several expansions, it is time to choose brown orcs AND green orcs. A curse can still linger on various family lines and wear off sooner on others.
    • Forsaken: Should have more muscles, some human soldiers were ressurected much sooner and should have some body mass left and not be skinny as current ones.
    • Trolls: beards, beards, goaties. Yes, trolls should have goaties/facial hair. I know blizzard never put them in game because they are already the coolest race ever.
    • Tauren: Should have improved facial hair/beards.
    • Humans: Should be able to choose warpaint on their faces. Orcs should get this aswell.
    • Dwarves: don't know really, they awesome as they are now.
    • Night Elves: male warpaint on them faces.
    • Gnomes: they be cool. maybe some improved facial hair.

Blood elf forsaken.

Mag'har, Blackrock, Fel orcs.

Frost, dark iron dwarves.

Darkfallen Blood Elves.

Eredar-esque Dranei.

Jungle Trolls.

Taunka and possibly Yangoul Taurens
    Last edited by Lighto73; 2012-12-24 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Forgot Taurens.

Deleted
    I don't know if this counts as customization, but my number 1 hope for the revamped models, is orcs that stand up straight, or straighter than the current ones.

Sort of like thrall, but with better animations and perhaps a more fierce look.