Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    [General] - New Teleport - Isle of The Thunder King & Question on Dalaran Portal

    Here it is folks http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=138023

    Also, will horde mages temporarily lose teleport - dalaran at some point due to Dalaran being Alliance Only pre-Seige of Orgrimmar? Or will that Dalaran remain in its own separate timeline? (WoTLK)

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,467
    It will remain the Dalaran in its own seperate WOTLK timeline.

    If Blizzard tries to avoid *anything* throughout the history of 8 years of world of warcraft, it's 'taking away something from the players' without a substitute.

    *casts New Swirly Ball*

    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    It will remain the Dalaran in its own seperate WOTLK timeline.

    If Blizzard tries to avoid *anything* throughout the history of 8 years of world of warcraft, it's 'taking away something from the players' without a substitute.

    *casts New Swirly Ball*
    So what happens when they revamp Northrend? I just hope they don't come up with "Jaina dies and Dalaran is returned to Northrend or Jaina has a change of heart" bullshit. I hope Dalaran remains with the Alliance.
    Signature and Avatar by Sokogeka

  4. #4
    Scarab Lord Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    So what happens when they revamp Northrend?
    Will that happen before or after the Outland revamp?

    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    It will remain the Dalaran in its own seperate WOTLK timeline.
    If Blizzard tries to avoid *anything* throughout the history of 8 years of world of warcraft, it's 'taking away something from the players' without a substitute.
    So where is our Southshore substitute? And Theramore substitute? I mean just the bloody flightpaths alone were useful. Taken away w/o a substitute. Kick the Horde out of Dalaran, they can walk through Northrend and take it up with Hellscream in Warsong Hold imo.

  6. #6
    Scarab Lord Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    So where is our Southshore substitute? And Theramore substitute? I mean just the bloody flightpaths alone were useful. Taken away w/o a substitute. Kick the Horde out of Dalaran, they can walk through Northrend and take it up with Hellscream in Warsong Hold imo.
    Technically? Our level-appropriate Southshore substitute is a more streamlined level 30-ish levelling experience in the Cataclysm rehash.
    And our flightpath-appropriate Southshore substitute is an extra alliance-only flightpath in WPL.

    Can't say anything 'bout Theramore. We still have the harbor connection, but city-wise that story is still unfolding.

    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    So where is our Southshore substitute? And Theramore substitute? I mean just the bloody flightpaths alone were useful. Taken away w/o a substitute. Kick the Horde out of Dalaran, they can walk through Northrend and take it up with Hellscream in Warsong Hold imo.

    Agrees with this message.

  8. #8
    The Patient GameFreakRPG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Twisting Netherlands
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    So where is our Southshore substitute? And Theramore substitute? I mean just the bloody flightpaths alone were useful. Taken away w/o a substitute. Kick the Horde out of Dalaran, they can walk through Northrend and take it up with Hellscream in Warsong Hold imo.
    Listen, I understand you have bitter feelings towards the Horde because you get stomped in PvP all the time, but if the Horde were to lose acces to Dalaran, that would be a HUGE slap in the face since it's placed in the center of Northrend. And why would you be so mad over losing Theramore? It's not like it was a major Alliance city, barely anyone was ever there, and you still have flight paths nearby, add the fact that you can fly yourself now.

    Thanks Quosk1867, for the amazing sig! <3

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    So where is our Southshore substitute? And Theramore substitute? I mean just the bloody flightpaths alone were useful. Taken away w/o a substitute. Kick the Horde out of Dalaran, they can walk through Northrend and take it up with Hellscream in Warsong Hold imo.
    As much as I would love for this to happen, it won't, Blizzard just loves the Horde way too much.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 05:12 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by GameFreakRPG View Post
    Listen, I understand you have bitter feelings towards the Horde because you get stomped in PvP all the time, but if the Horde were to lose acces to Dalaran, that would be a HUGE slap in the face since it's placed in the center of Northrend. And why would you be so mad over losing Theramore? It's not like it was a major Alliance city, barely anyone was ever there, and you still have flight paths nearby, add the fact that you can fly yourself now.
    Why the hell are people angry when their favorite team looses in a sport they like?
    Signature and Avatar by Sokogeka

  10. #10
    The Patient GameFreakRPG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Twisting Netherlands
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Why the hell are people angry when their favorite team looses in a sport they like?
    The outcome of a sports game depends on multiple factors, the outcome of the war between the Alliance and the Horde depends on what Blizzard decides the outcome should be. Therefor it doesn't make much sense to compare WoW to sports.

    Thanks Quosk1867, for the amazing sig! <3

  11. #11
    Warchief Saluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darkspear Isle
    Posts
    2,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    So what happens when they revamp Northrend? I just hope they don't come up with "Jaina dies and Dalaran is returned to Northrend or Jaina has a change of heart" bullshit. I hope Dalaran remains with the Alliance.
    Unlikely any time soon, The best thing they could do was just update quests etc. The story should remain the same for people have not yet experienced the Fall of the Lich King.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    So where is our Southshore substitute? And Theramore substitute? I mean just the bloody flightpaths alone were useful. Taken away w/o a substitute. Kick the Horde out of Dalaran, they can walk through Northrend and take it up with Hellscream in Warsong Hold imo.
    Southshore was a correction. There was FAR MORE territory, paths and content for alliance pre-cataclysm. It was part of effort of balancing Azeroth for the 2 factions. You know the from 69%A-31%H to 51%A-49%H you people say was favoritism.

    Theramore line isn't finished yet, and the reward of the plot is far over than Alliance players deserve.

    'Cause Alliance Players wouldn't allow Orcs to stand straight.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by GameFreakRPG View Post
    Listen, I understand you have bitter feelings towards the Horde because you get stomped in PvP all the time
    No, sorry. Horde on my server are pretty terrible at PvP, I dislike the Horde because of the storyline. And I'm sure I could mop the floor with you, since you brought it up (cause people who bring up stuff like this are terrible at pvp)

    but if the Horde were to lose acces to Dalaran, that would be a HUGE slap in the face since it's placed in the center of Northrend.
    Good, get slapped. Your faction needs several but won't ever get them on account of being the apple of Blizzard's eye.

    And why would you be so mad over losing Theramore? It's not like it was a major Alliance city, barely anyone was ever there, and you still have flight paths nearby, add the fact that you can fly yourself now.
    Read this, troll, it's not mad, it's responding to this BS notion that Blizzard doesn't take something away from players without a substitute. They take countless things from Alliance and say deal with it. I say take Dalaran from the Horde and Horde can deal with it. Oh noes, Wrath content will take a little longer to do -.-

    Moderator Note: Don't call people trolls. If you believe someone is trolling then report the post. [Infracted]

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 03:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Southshore was a correction. There was FAR MORE territory, paths and content for alliance pre-cataclysm. It was part of effort of balancing Azeroth for the 2 factions. You know the from 69%A-31%H to 51%A-49%H you people say was favoritism.
    No there wasn't.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-12-24 at 06:48 PM.

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    So what happens when they revamp Northrend? I just hope they don't come up with "Jaina dies and Dalaran is returned to Northrend or Jaina has a change of heart" bullshit. I hope Dalaran remains with the Alliance.
    Anything indicating they actually will rewamp northrend? And if they do you either lose the portal, or you don't
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

  15. #15
    Frankly Northrend doesn't need an update like the old world did. Maybe outland, maybe. But I don't think Northrend needs to be updated at all. I also don't WANT to see it given a Cata style update, I like the quests and stories there as they are, and don't want to be given something like "Wrath of the Lich King 2: Bolvar's Revenge."

    As for Theramore, you can talk to a bronze dragonflight npc I believe and phase yourself back to thereamore pre destruction so I don't think anything's been removed. Easier to do that I guess than to make new quests for the zone.

    Southshore was just a casualty of zone redistribution to make things equal between horde and Alliance, as Alliance had more land pre Cata.

    For Dalaran, they could perhaps do something similar to Theramore and have an npc that can phase you between 'pre' purging and 'post' purging, but far too much Northrend content depends upon Dalaran for them to take it from Horde players.

  16. #16
    The Patient Dax Brae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. Always.
    Posts
    249
    Dalaran is, as of the end of 5.1, no longer in Northrend, lorewise.

    I'm going to speculate that there will be a new Dalaran location come the next expansion that will be Alliance only.

  17. #17
    The Patient GameFreakRPG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Twisting Netherlands
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Good, get slapped. Your faction needs several but won't ever get them on account of being the apple of Blizzard's eye.

    Read this, troll, it's not mad, it's responding to this BS notion that Blizzard doesn't take something away from players without a substitute. They take countless things from Alliance and say deal with it. I say take Dalaran from the Horde and Horde can deal with it. Oh noes, Wrath content will take a little longer to do -.-
    You obviously don't know the difference between a major city (like Dalaran) that's quite an important place for players, and a minor city (like Theramore) that doesn't have too much purpose outside of lore.
    Either way, I don't have the sligtest amount of interest in argueing with someone who is convinced that Blizzard 'loves' the Horde because honestly, I don't feel as if people like you are very smart. sorry

    Thanks Quosk1867, for the amazing sig! <3

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by GameFreakRPG View Post
    You obviously don't know the difference between a major city (like Dalaran) that's quite an important place for players, and a minor city (like Theramore) that doesn't have too much purpose outside of lore.
    Either way, I don't have the sligtest amount of interest in argueing with someone who is convinced that Blizzard 'loves' the Horde because honestly, I don't feel as if people like you are very smart. sorry
    You know that Chris Metzen writes the story right? You also know that he likes the Horde right? This expansion shits all over the Alliance. The last patch will shit all over the Horde. But that ain't enough. Maybe if Dalaran comes with Alliance I can look past the fact that Malfurion sits in Darnassus smoking his weed while the Horde massacres his people.
    Signature and Avatar by Sokogeka

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Technically? Our level-appropriate Southshore substitute is a more streamlined level 30-ish levelling experience in the Cataclysm rehash.
    And our flightpath-appropriate Southshore substitute is an extra alliance-only flightpath in WPL.

    Can't say anything 'bout Theramore. We still have the harbor connection, but city-wise that story is still unfolding.
    I don't if it servers any useful purpose, but you can go back to old theramore via speaking with http://www.wowhead.com/npc=63546.

    I don't know if any Npc's such as Flightmasters spawn there.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    So where is our Southshore substitute? And Theramore substitute? I mean just the bloody flightpaths alone were useful. Taken away w/o a substitute. Kick the Horde out of Dalaran, they can walk through Northrend and take it up with Hellscream in Warsong Hold imo.
    Theramore is still there, if you talk with the NPC you can phase it back.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •