Hunters for Amber-Shaper burst tactic?

We tried this today, got him to 20% after 3 tries I believe. But I keep having problems with my burst, it's not as high as I want it at all. I do 3 kill commands the first BW and 2 blink strikes (should I even use Blink Strike here, or does 1 amoc do more damage?). Then I basically just spam arcane shot and kill command when it's ready again. And Rapid Fire and Stampede in the start of course.

Does anyone have any tips on this if you have killed it yourself as a hunter? Anything at all would help

Thank you

Deleted
    I think they hotfixed that tactic and it cannot be done anymore. He stops at 1HP and cannot be killed until P3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    I think they hotfixed that tactic and it cannot be done anymore. He stops at 1HP and cannot be killed until P3.
    So, leave him at 1hp and nuke the monstrosity down. Should make it quite a bit easier regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    So, leave him at 1hp and nuke the monstrosity down. Should make it quite a bit easier regardless.
    No, since you need to spend almost the entire fight for stacking up the stacks, which means that you have about 10 seconds to enrage when he is supposed to die, won't work

Deleted
    They hotfixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    We tried this today, got him to 20% after 3 tries I believe. But I keep having problems with my burst, it's not as high as I want it at all. I do 3 kill commands the first BW and 2 blink strikes (should I even use Blink Strike here, or does 1 amoc do more damage?). Then I basically just spam arcane shot and kill command when it's ready again. And Rapid Fire and Stampede in the start of course.

Does anyone have any tips on this if you have killed it yourself as a hunter? Anything at all would help

Thank you
    It's hotfixed, but AMoC will be more damage than Blink Strike in this scenario.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    It's hotfixed, but AMoC will be more damage than Blink Strike in this scenario.
    But wouldn't Lynx Rush be the best one since it is a 20 sec DoT instead of the 30 sec of AMoC?

This is really useless though, since it doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    But wouldn't Lynx Rush be the best one since it is a 20 sec DoT instead of the 30 sec of AMoC?

This is really useless though, since it doesn't work
    Lynx rush has a ramp up time (yes, 4 seconds, but still) and a possibility of jumping to an ooze or whoever had reshape life cast on them. AMoC would still do more damage than LR even if all the applications got on amber shaper.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Darn, didn't know they had hotfixed it. Thanks for the answers, though, everyone!

Deleted
    yeah AMoC is best to use and is better than the dot as stated it can swap to targets around and yes was hotfixed so do normally :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    No, since you need to spend almost the entire fight for stacking up the stacks, which means that you have about 10 seconds to enrage when he is supposed to die, won't work
    Christ, how many stacks were people getting it up to? We get it to ~45 and it takes like 4.5 mins, more than enough time to make it so that at least P3 is short-ish. We got it to 25-30% and I'm sure with people just optimizing better, it can be a bit lower. Though our last kill was prior to the nerf, so I'm not sure if something magical happened besides boss not being able to die in P1:P.
    Last edited by timoseewho; 2012-12-24 at 12:23 PM.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Christ, how many stacks were people getting it up to? We get it to ~45 and it takes like 4.5 mins, more than enough time to make it so that at least P3 is short-ish. We got it to 25-30% and I'm sure with people just optimizing better, it can be a bit lower. Though our last kill was prior to the nerf, so I'm not sure if something magical happened besides boss not being able to die in P1:P.
    Take a look for your self.