Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,727
    Solution to what? There isn't a problem for 99% of people that play wow. Only the 1% on the forums that cry about everything.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  2. #22
    I hate grinds period. Figure out something more intricate and feels a lot more genuine. Their came designers not factory workers.

  3. #23
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalden View Post
    Something That Might Be a better idea with the daily's is have a tabard for the rep grind just like old days, BUT make it only available to the 90 that got to Exalted with the said faction and once it is purchased it will be BoA. This is a EXTREAMLY simple design and even at that point could have it so if the "alt" is wearing said tabard that he would also be gaining 2 tokens per dungeon. Rates would apply of course probly running out after about 7 dungeons (only for the tokens part not the rep) but yeah. Honestly this is a well rounded, (And also "Middle ground" for ALL) and would work well for people that still want to see the daily's from the fact you have to still have to get to exalted with the faction in order to get the tabard that would only really be usefull for alts. PROBLEM SOLVED!

    Again my opinion.
    Any thoughts on this from anyone else?

    **For Alt's** Forgot to add that in description.
    No... not no.. hell no.... slapping on a tabard and grinding dungeons has been a admitted as a flaw, they are not going back.

    Given that I got to 90 last night with my 5th toon... within 2 hours I was 999/1000 max exalted with TWO factions starting from zero.. in under 2 hrs... and that was without a bloody tabard... You want the rep, earn it... dungeon grinding isn't earning it...

    you HAVE middle ground... Blizzard gave you commendations.. use them.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 06:21 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    Or just leave it the way it is and give tabards? whats it gonna hurt? you can do dailies only or you can run dungeons or do both
    Why? Whats it going to hurt? Blizzard doesn't want you grinding dungeons for rep... period. thats why.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 06:23 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Xalden View Post
    Eh you do have point. But thats the glory of it. On your main Character you dont have to wear the tabard because it would not benefit you.(unless you want the extra tokens wich after getting to the exalted with the faction you wont really need to) As i stated it is only something to help alts. Maybe you have a toon thats not in a guild that could wear a tabard for rep, Maybe you have about 3 toons that you want to gear up and not go through the exact same daily's again for a 3rd time. The glory of this system is it does not force ANYONE to do either or. its complete choice on what you would like to do or (wear) in Kevyne's case.
    if you dont want to go thru the dailies, then dont... dont wanna do dailies and still wanna gear your toon... then bust your balls to get your toon to 460 and then live in LFR or your guild raids... want the VP stuff that is tied to rep, then earn the rep.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  4. #24
    Don't forget that dailies also try to tell some sort of story about the faction, and why you're helping them. What their place is in the world, their history.
    Good example is the Klaxxi, and also the new 5.1 Krasarang factions. If you grab a tabard it's just another mindless bar in your rep tab, without any culture or lore.

    I for one like the dailies as they are now.

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalden View Post
    Something that needs to be clarified is that this is only a solution for alts. And in the long run it is a Solution. If you dont want to put the tabard on your alts then by all meens do not and keep doing the daily's. Remember the tabard idea that i have created is only useable and useful for alts and have no affect besides cosmetic on the original toon that you got to the respected reputation. If you dont even want the tabards then dont grab them. But as for me right now i still have ALL of the tabards from the MoP reps in my bags and change them out some times or just dont. Honestly i think imo that these tabards are very boring and have absolutly no use besides filling your Transmog set once it is completed. To those saying" I dont want more tabards" i say what if the tabards that are already in place for the MoP reps just go up to exalted rep to get them, and give this buff for your alts. This would make it exactly the same as if you still had it now. No more bag space needed. And Most people that usually have filled bags imo should just make a bank alt and start storing stuff.... Its not like you need all your 24 slot bags to be filled to the brim on an every day basis, unless you are farming in wich case you will put in AH after...
    its NOT a solution, its regressing to a point in time that blizzard has said repeatedly that they WILL NOT BE GOING BACK TO. Additionally, its proves that you haven't bothered to investigate the commendation they put in that gives you... wait for it... 100% bonus rep...

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I like the dailies...and I like the 100% Rep bonus. That makes it just a week or two (at most) to exalt most reps. Don't forget, VP caps limit your speed no matter what.

    I don't want to wear tabards, so I'm glad that was removed. Don't bring it back.
    You don't haveto use that tabard, as i understand OP. You can do it if you don't like to do dailies.
    If you want to do dalies on your alts, you can keep on doing that, but for the people like me that had less than 100 dailies before mist(which i only got to do get the main food-recipies on my main, and JC-recipies on an alt), it's actually a nice idea. You still have to get to that point, before you can do it, so you've clearly seen all the dailies there is. Doesn't even have to be fast to go in instances. Can be a cap as you have with dailies, and i would be a happy turtle

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 01:36 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post


    you HAVE middle ground... Blizzard gave you commendations.. use them.[COLOR="red"]
    A middle ground that still require you to do what you hate the most in the game. yes. That is actually what i hate the most in the game. I like to fish, farm herbs, ores, gold, instances, raids, walking the world, standing in ogrimmar, do scenarios, RP, pvp and the things i forgot, more than that
    I don't really complain much, since i understand the idea, and i know i cna avoid doing it, which i am. I did it on the main to make him raid-ready, but i'm not doing a single daily on my alts.
    I can come up with many things that i'm sure you hate to do as much as some of us hate to do dailies, that you really wouldn't want to do, just because it was twice as fast. It's still not fun to me in any way
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Yet it doesn't remove the distaste for wearing tabards and keeping track of them all (or losing precious slots, as Blizzard isn't making us 40 slot bags anytime soon).

    Don't like the tabard design at all (prefer surcoats) and love that skirts/robes cut the tails off so it looks like a vest. Even outfit my DK in the newbie DK skirt to get away from it!

    That includes any alt I have.

    The commendation coins are just fine.
    I really don't see your point about keeping track of them. You just wear the one for the faction you want rep with, no track-keeping required. Just like in Cata.
    Not that I really see a point in adding tabards again, because they're both ugly and the rep isn't even something that matters anymore anyway(because of VP upgrades, reps are just for the cosmetic stuff and recipes now). I just want other ways to get Lesser Charms, and no, pet battles really isn't something I want to do for charms either. Just let me get 2 useful things from dungeons and stop complaining that dungeons shouldn't give anywhere near as good rewards as reps.


    Quote Originally Posted by http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6161067458?page=8#145
    "So, basically, you want to go back to the Cataclysm model (where dungeons are the source of rewards for several avenues). The very same model the developers have said several times they would like to move away from. "


    Oh, so dungeons giving more than 1 reward is bad. Lets see what dailies give:
    Valor points -> vendor gear of similar ilevel to normal raids.
    Gold -> BoE items/enchants/consumables
    Reputation -> access to the VP vendors
    Charms -> more loot in raids

    So basically its totally fine for dailies to give EVERY PvE reward? Its like dungeons in Cata, except they give an ADDITIONAL reward in the form of raid gear.

    Sorry, but thats bull!@#$.

    I have no problem with doing stuff outside raids to improve my raid performance, but why does that stuff have to be dailies in the so-called "expansion of many options"?
    .
    In case I need to point out what dungeons in Cata gave, it was:
    Reputation -> a couple of T11 normal(so first tier of the expansion) level epics
    Gold -> BoEs/enchants/consumables
    Valor points(7 times per week) -> current tier itemlevel epics for a few slots
    Last edited by Drathos; 2012-12-25 at 12:46 AM.

  8. #28
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    You don't haveto use that tabard, as i understand OP. You can do it if you don't like to do dailies.
    If you want to do dalies on your alts, you can keep on doing that, but for the people like me that had less than 100 dailies before mist(which i only got to do get the main food-recipies on my main, and JC-recipies on an alt), it's actually a nice idea. You still have to get to that point, before you can do it, so you've clearly seen all the dailies there is. Doesn't even have to be fast to go in instances. Can be a cap as you have with dailies, and i would be a happy turtle
    Okay... how about this... you can have your tabard, BUT, when you equip the tabard all the dailies for that day become unavailable, and any commendations that have been purchased become inactive for the time you are wearing the tabard, and the rep gained can not exceed 50% of what doing the dailies would have granted for that day.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 06:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    I really don't see your point about keeping track of them. You just wear the one for the faction you want rep with, no track-keeping required. Just like in Cata.
    Not that I really see a point in adding tabards again, because they're both ugly and the rep isn't even something that matters anymore anyway(because of VP upgrades, reps are just for the cosmetic stuff and recipes now). I just want other ways to get Lesser Charms, and no, pet battles really isn't something I want to do for charms either. Just let me get 2 useful things from dungeons and stop complaining that dungeons shouldn't give anywhere near as good rewards as reps.(made a post on the official forums explaining why it's bad, I guess I could find it and link it)
    Lesser charms are meant as part of the reward for doing dailies, want the charms bad enough then do the dailies... dont wanna do the dailies then dont, but then turning around and asking for benefit that you didn't earn is just QQ

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Lesser charms are meant as part of the reward for doing dailies, want the charms bad enough then do the dailies... dont wanna do the dailies then dont, but then turning around and asking for benefit that you didn't earn is just QQ
    No, the point is that dailies give MORE than dungeons used to, but thats somehow okay, because its Mists of Dailyaria. Charms are even more valuable than what dungeons used to give. Also, you missed the part where Blizzard said they wanted to give us options. Right now, there are no options for where to get Charms from. They're adding them to pet battles, which I guess is good for those people who care about those, and gives those of us who dislike dailies another way to get them(even if that way is also not interesting to me)
    Last edited by Drathos; 2012-12-25 at 12:51 AM.

  10. #30
    Being a tabard addict... I approve of this idea, OP. (As long as they go with some of my transmogged gear.)

  11. #31
    The problem with this and any solution is that with a player base of ~10million subscribers... you will not EVER have a "Problem Solved". You can merely address concerns as best you can for a sweeping majority. However, this majority is NOT who you will usually see on the forums complaining. Instead, you run into the vocal minority at best. If this change were to be implemented, then the complaining would shift to oppose it. In all likeliness this was already brought up in the office many times and may not have been accepted as a best case for the player base.

    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    You don't haveto use that tabard, as i understand OP. You can do it if you don't like to do dailies...
    The problem with this logic (and I point this out because it is the same logic used when people complain about dailies in general) is that if there IS an option for advancement of any kind, the same vocal minority will declare that is IS required and that you DO have to use it. Despite the fact that you do not HAVE to grind dailies all day every day in order to get your item level up enough to raid (as I certainly didn't on 1 alt before commendations and 1 alt after), that is what people complained about (in the form of "I hate dailies because I am forced to do them like a job to get to raiding").



    Personally, I dislike running dungeons because none of my friends that I play with enjoy them. Therefore, when I do run them (currently to top off Valor for Wrathion) I use LFD solo and run with pugs. I do like dailies because they are quick, concise, and give me more valor than running a dungeon (including the queue as dps [warlock, so only dps]).

    However, I wouldn't care if this were to be added so long as it does not impact my current gameplay as is because I simply would not use it. Only if as part of the implementation it impacted my current system in a negative fashion (as some of the replies have suggested doing) would I oppose it.
    But then again, I am a Snowman on Fire!
    Yizelin the Insane

  12. #32
    Alot of people are still confused here apperently and/or are getting mad at nothing/wanting to troll. Again this is only for alts. Daily's are still there. If you want to still do daily's then do daily's. What is so hard to understand that I and alot of other people dont want to have to go through the exact same "Crap" 4 maybe 5 times over when all anyone really wants to do with an ALT is gear them... Thats the point of an alt. The point of a main is to do everything first... Thats why they call it a "Main Character" Sorry to all of you that say im whining about it or "Crying" But i found a middle ground area for ALL and based my opinion upon it with good intention of maybe getting a Few people to read it.
    If you or anyone else you know "Likes" doing the daily's then do them! this is the pure and greatest feature of this solution You dont have to do Either or, Its just a helpful way of gearing your toons. Sorry if you might think that thats "Not doing work" But i have 3 toons max lvl and almost all of them max rep with everything and geared passed 485. Sorry if i feel like i want to play more toons and Gear them without a must to do daily's... And honestly what is an alt?= Something to get gear and just play around on. And honestly the current system is "If you want to be current on raids and most of the progression of guilds YOU MUST do daily's for the coins for extra rolls and gear. And no matter how many times any of you say "You dont need to do daily's" Just get a grip and realize the only way to stay raiding and the only way to keep current with a toon that you want to raid with is to do the daily's for the GRIND of coins.
    My solution gives CHOICE not a "Must do"

  13. #33
    Herald of the Titans Matt0193's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    2,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalden View Post
    Alot of people are still confused here apperently and/or are getting mad at nothing/wanting to troll.
    People just don't get it, I had 2 characters at Exalted with GL before they introduced the Commendation. Like fuck am I going back and doing dailies yet again on any other alts that I level up(of which I'll have 7 90's soon, waiting for AV holiday to finish up my DK and Druid). If I could use a tabard, especially considering I've done the grind pre-nerf twice, I would. People dislike choice, it seems. Yes the Tabard "Go kill stuff and get epics" was a bad design, but what you suggested was entirely logical and fair; It is intended for ALTS. Mains still have to do the grind, and even then it's nerfed because you can get the commendation at Revered on your main.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post

    Given that I got to 90 last night with my 5th toon... within 2 hours I was 999/1000 max exalted with TWO factions starting from zero.. in under 2 hrs... and that was without a bloody tabard... You want the rep, earn it... dungeon grinding isn't earning it...
    Uh, what factions were those?

    edit: and how is doing dailies more "earning it" than dungeons?

    I'd say yes to this idea, but also put in a cap of reputation you can get, either through dailies or dungeon grinding, per day. I know the concern is they don't want "double dipping" (getting JPs, chances of gear upgrades while getting rep) in heroics, but people who grind rep through heroics are losing out on the coins of fortunes, so it kinda works out.
    Last edited by jaykaywhy; 2012-12-25 at 04:11 AM.

  15. #35
    Can they allow tabard rep gain with normal monsters? Even if its a low amount? I really don't want to do so much dungeons, esp. for a grinding.

  16. #36
    Everything should just be monthly, since we pay a monthly sub.

    Monthlies instead of dailies, monthly raid reset, monthly conquest point caps, etc etc

    Large raids can be designed around this and the grind (which Blizzard is hell-bent on based WoW on to justify a sub fee) will be a bit more tolerable and possibly even fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

  17. #37
    The Lightbringer TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    3,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Uh, how would they give more rep and still take the same amount of time? Double the rep needed for each level? Start you on full Hated or something?
    Remove half the dailies and double the rep from the remaining ones. They went way overboard with the number of golden lotus dailies you need to get exalted, that is the only faction I think they REALLY messed up with on the dailies. Shado-pan are a pain in the ass but at least you don't have to do nearly as many of them.

    For people who dislike dailies being the only source of rep for many factions I refer you to 5.2 PTR notes http://us.battle.net//wow/en/blog/8226552 scroll down a little to "Buy The Farm".
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  18. #38
    This would be a fantastic tool for alts.

    And to the guy talking in massive fonts and all caps - saying "PERIOD" doesn't make your opinion correct.
    Last edited by Duskmourne; 2012-12-25 at 09:29 AM.

  19. #39
    they already said they hated the dungeon tabard grind so it prolly wont come back

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Uh, how would they give more rep and still take the same amount of time? Double the rep needed for each level? Start you on full Hated or something?
    What he said was that the overall time it takes to hit exalted (i.e. the number of days it would take) would be the same. As an example, half the number of dailies for the faction you can do each day, but double the rep they give. This halves the time it would take out of each day but keeps the number of days to hit exalted the same.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •