I couldn't find an answer to this so does anyone know whether frozen orb benefits from haste?
It doesn't. Frozen Orb does a fixed amount of ticks to all surrounding targets for 10 seconds after which it disappears. The only interaction with Haste is the global cooldown it triggers, which is reduced by Haste, same as with every spell which has it.
it holds damage modifiers throughout the duration at the time of cast right?
it's very easy to check:
- read the tooltip to check damage and duration
- cast BL
- read the tooltip to check damage and duration while the buff is actif
- check if there is a difference
- cast only FO on a dummy and check the total damage on recount/skada (no cast, no bomb, no elem)
- cast BL just before another FO
- check if the total damage is ~30% greater.
- If there's less than 10% margin, it's because of RNG
Normally, Frozen Orb don't change with haste as I know.