Deleted

Transferring/reselling on the other faction

So I'm happily making gold on my current realm/faction, Ghost Iron Ore is typically 35-40g a stack which is more than profitable for me, I go and take a look on the other much more populated faction today and see pages upon pages of Ghost Iron Ore for 20g-25g a stack. Is it worth buying this up, putting it on the Neutral Auction House, and buying it up on my regular faction, I have a second account to do this, and would likely post each stack for 1g or so to minimize losses to the 20% auction house cut.

Outside of bots, is there any reason not to do this?

its perfectly fine, but as you just said, be careful. Those bots or AH snipers will be on the look out for a 3000% profit on an auction from neutral sniping it, you better have it logged onto another computer right as you do it.

This would be seen as a unfair manipulation of the realm economy. They look the other way if you are using the neutral houses to move personal goods between your toons, but do it too much and you'll start to get warnings. The folks whose sales you are undermining will complain the loudest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    This would be seen as a unfair manipulation of the realm economy. They look the other way if you are using the neutral houses to move personal goods between your toons, but do it too much and you'll start to get warnings. The folks whose sales you are undermining will complain the loudest.
    Utter utter rubbish. It is what the neutral AH is for.

OP your main problem is interception and the 15% fee neutral AH takes. It is worth doing imo, but start off small 100 stacks and work your way up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best way to do this is not using both accounts at the same time. The most effective way is to have somebody in-game that you trust completely, buy up everything as you are still posting. For example, as you are posting 100 stacks of ore (which takes a fair amount of time to completely post) you friend should be buying that ore while you are still in the process of posting it. That way you might lose a stack or two to another sniper, but it shouldn't happen that often.

It's a common tactic and not an issue. Just be careful of bots and snipers. Try to be careful in picking the time you do it, use /who to find out if there are people at the AH (booty bay being the most common one to use as you can phase yourself there on pvp servers). Use your two accounts (obviously with both running at the same time in two different windows), it takes less time to tab between two accounts that it does to communicate with someone else and have them get their shit together, and if it becomes a regular thing relying on someone else becomes a problem without giving them a cut. Make sure you have mods set up that will allow you to bulk post and buy very quickly if you're planning on doing this with large volumes of ore, and do it in manageable batches (i.e. don't post 5000 stacks at once, post 100, buy them, then post the next 100 and so on). Good luck with it!

Deleted
    Theres some great threads on stormspire about how the interceptors work and the addons they use plus strategies to beat them.