Poll: In a modern day world war who would dominate?

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

In a modern day world war who would dominate?

In a modern day world war who would dominate?

NORTH AMERICA
    SOUTH AMERICA
    EUROPE
    ASIA
    AFRICA
    OCEANIA
    ANTARCTICA

Peace to you all.

I'm pretty sure penguins are developing an air force, so don't count them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dfWzp7rYR4

I'm aware its an april fools day prank

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I'm pretty sure penguins are developing an air force, so don't count them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dfWzp7rYR4

I'm aware its an april fools day prank
    There is always a need to please the trolls under the bridge.

Whatever side the 4th Reich is on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Asia if you count Russia, unless the US decided that letting loose our arsenal of nukes was a good idea, then nobody would dominate.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Australia. The Aussies won't have to do a damn thing when everyone invades them. The wildlife will take care of them.

And if you try to nuke Australia? Well now instead of fighting Australian wildlife*, you fight mutant radioactive Australian wildlife

*Read: fucking big spiders
    Putin khuliyo

No one. All would suffer.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Oceania will win by default when the rest of the world gets turned into molten glass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Oceania will win by default when the rest of the world gets turned into molten glass.
    Meanwhile Australia is down there like WTF mates?

Putin khuliyo

Everyone would lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nuclear weapons, everyone loses and the world is plunged into more chaos then it currently is in.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post

I forgot about that video. Lmao.

Lol that's pretty nicely done XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly the hidden nation of Polaris (conveniently located under the Antarctic ice) will finally venture forth unto the surface and blanket the globe with their endless armies and vastly superior technology.

Deleted
    You're asking who would dominate in a war, the country whose military budget is larger than the military budget of like the next two dozen countries combined, or some other country?

If nukes was taken out of the equation i would still have to say its got to be North America

Europe could give North America a run for its money but it would take years for europe to build enough warships and tanks that america has in droves by then it would be too late same goes with china which has a huge army but only 1 aircraft carrier

If all countries had time to build up there forces then it could be anyones game

Also whats with the symbols in the titles of threads lately

10+ Year Old Account
    While we're on the subject of improbable things that aren't going to happen within the next century....
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    I believe either North America or Asia would dominate, simply because of China, respectively USA. Europe would be on the third place I guess, but it isn't the same as 80 years ago.

I think I need to mention this, there are a lot of countries from different continents which have allied, meaning this topic is kind of pointless. I don't think a nation would simply break the 'friendship' if there wasn't any kind of *big* conflict between them. Staying allied with them would bring you more advantages.

Is it like, one continent vs all others, or what? Because I honestly don't see N. America and Europe (well NATO especially) breaking ties that easily unless the US decides to go empire crazy.

Honestly, China can barely supply their troops and if they move more than 25-30% of them out of their territory the communist government will most likely lose control of their own territory. And then you expect India and Pakistan to start getting along and work together? I can't see Japan dropping ties with the US either.

Free for all, North America wins purely on already built equipment and the ability to project force around the world. One continent vs the others, the 'others' most likely win, regardless of who the 'one' is.

Deleted
    Australia. The Aussies won't have to do a damn thing when everyone invades them. The wildlife will take care of them.

And if you try to nuke Australia? Well now instead of fighting Australian wildlife*, you fight mutant radioactive Australian wildlife

*Read: fucking big spiders
    I was going with Asia, but your argument seems legit, nobody wants to invade a country with radioactive spiders