Poll: Warcraft in Warhammer bored-game?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibzombie View Post
    I think it would be pretty awesome. I loved the WoW miniatures when they were out before Upper Deck tanked. I'm not sure Warcraft has the right fan base for it though. It takes a special level of geek to play tabletop games. And most people interested in them have invested a lot of money/time/painting(ugh) in an army already.

Pffft painting is likely the best part of it :P
    I started playing because once my father gave me the models for me to entertain myself painting, didnt start playing the game for another 6 or 7 years :P
    Then again i was... 10?

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    And they're all rip off concepts from The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, cept for Harry Potter - they fucked Elves up. Oh, also excluding the space stuff - thats a rip off of Star Wars and Aliens.
    Harry Potter also fucked up goblins :P
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    And they're all rip off concepts from The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, cept for Harry Potter - they fucked Elves up. Oh, also excluding the space stuff - thats a rip off of Star Wars and Aliens.
    hardly, its based off starship troopers, and extended by own ideas :P

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 05:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Harry Potter also fucked up goblins :P
    HP fucked up a LOT of things :P
    But its still good on its own, so why bother.

How about we get this thread back on track. The topic is a miniature Warcraft wargame.

I'm impartial because I never got into the Warhammer games (mainly 'cause my family was poor) but I'd get behind a Warcraft one :P
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."

10+ Year Old Account
    its funny the same people the scream every mmo is a "wow clone" deny that warcraft is a warhammer clone.

Harry potter should do a cross over with Twilight.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    its funny the same people the scream every mmo is a "wow clone" deny that warcraft is a warhammer clone.
    Warfraft isn't a Warhammer clone because the two games aren't anything alike, also, quit flame baiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love it if Games Workshop made Warcraft or Starcraft miniatures.

I used to love painting my Uruk'hai army and I still would be if people didn't stop playing the LOTR version. I thought about switching to 40k but I really couldn't justify the cost of starting again.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Warfraft isn't a Warhammer clone because the two games aren't anything alike, also, quit flame baiting.

I dont know what Warfraft is......But if you mean Warcraft orcs vs humans than yes it is a warhammer clone just as much as any new mmo is a "wow clone"

Yes.. yes it is, its based on it :P
    But yes, it diverged far away from it nowadays.

warhammer is... a lot "bigger" in most aspects.
    But many of the base ideas for races come from it.
    Then again, everything is based of something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Yes.. yes it is, its based on it :P
    But yes, it diverged far away from it nowadays.

warhammer is... a lot "bigger" in most aspects.
    But many of the base ideas for races come from it.
    Then again, everything is based of something.
    I been referring to warcraft 1. and hell blizzard even said it them self

1) "We wanted to do a Warhammer game but couldn't work out a deal with GW"

and

2) "We were very heavily visually influenced by the Warhammer universe"

Here, if you want to argue about whether or not Warcraft is a "ripoff" of Warhammer or not, go here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-of-Warhammer

all space movies are a ripoff of (of?) Le Voyage dans La Lune. (interestingly, it was stolen from its creator and author and became enormously popular while he died a pauper, a reason for copyrights to be made years and years later)

Its already been mentioned on the first page concerning warcrafts initial creation. That really puts this off-rail discussion to rest.

But anyway.

The megablocs were a rather good idea. I've been wondering for years why blizz hasnt tapped its marketing potential more (iam not insinuating that they arent, just that i wonder why not more than they already have, though i understand it was a major risk if they push it in a big way and major headache to manage if the market responses are mediocre).

Seen the activity rise a bit with stuff like weapon replica's, our ability to now have quality busts/posing models of our characters made and sent to us, plushies, etc etc.

This is definately a step in the right direction. Plus those videos (show episodes) made with them are enjoyable :3
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2012-12-24 at 05:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Well, technically warcraft is based off warhammer and starcraft off 40k, blizzard was making starcraft actually to be a wh40k game but gamesworkshop pulled the plug so they already have most of the stuff done and decided to keep at it but changing names and altering some lore things and models.
    (terran = mix of space marines and imperial guard, protoss = eldar, zerg = tyranids)

So i dont think they would really combine, as they have "background" and a not super friendly one i would imagine.

On the other hand, while i enjoy GW stuff far more i also like blizz universes, so wouldnt mind.
    This will quickly turn into another clan war, people love their clan wars.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 05:18 AM ----------

This are basically non official blizzard forums with some support to other games :P
    You will get a lot of witch hunting and blizzard fanboyish in here, its expected, just ignore the zealots and time to time you find people you can talk with.

As i said, people love their clan wars and being zealous about things that dont matter at all.

I am starting to see the alarming number of zealots here

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft borrowed a little bit of it's foundation from from everything and anything related to fantasy.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

which is actually why its so awesome. Many fantasy franchises made the attempt but fell flat or were mediocre. Some like WoW excelled and it can be said that they (especially wow) opened up the market for future fantasy games to make their place.