Thread: Frost vs. UH

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Frost vs. UH

Now with the changes coming to 5.2, will you frost DKs switch to UH or stay Frost. I have to agree that many of us DKs feel like this change isn't big enough for us to consider switching to UH or even revisiting our talents. I personally tried UH for a while and felt that the rotation + ghoul management was far too clunky. Basically, it would be nice to see UH bring something gamechangingly different to Frost for me to consider switching spec. What are your thoughts?

If unholy performs substantially better, I'll switch.

If they're pretty close, I'll stick with Frost.

There are still major differences between frost and unholy. The quote unquote "buffs" they made to unholy so far in 5.2 are no where near enough changes to make unholy better or even viable against frost. Frost still has no ramp up time with incredible burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    There are still major differences between frost and unholy. The quote unquote "buffs" they made to unholy so far in 5.2 are no where near enough changes to make unholy better or even viable against frost. Frost still has no ramp up time with incredible burst.
    Pretty much this. Open with Outbreak and go nuts. Frost offers big hits, procs and many GCDs of strikes.

Well i like UH better and i ll stick to it.
    Uh also now even if frost is considered better, im doing better as UH
    Not so happy with the changes but i like the specc

10+ Year Old Account
    I find Unholy amusing to mess around with, and I'm interested in how 5.2 shapes up. But until it stops being a pet spec totally subservient to buffing its pet, I don't think I could be happy trying to main it. Just not my vision for my character. :p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    I find Unholy amusing to mess around with, and I'm interested in how 5.2 shapes up. But until it stops being a pet spec totally subservient to buffing its pet, I don't think I could be happy trying to main it. Just not my vision for my character. :p
    Agreed. Same reason I wouldn't play a hunter or lock. Don't really like "relying" on any other being haha.

Honestly, it all depends on the fights. But the Gargoyle buff is actually quite major now that it will actually scale with our Mastery, and we might see Mastery come ahead as a statweight. I honestly hope for another small buff to the specc, cause I despise frost with all my heart.

I'm staying frost unless UH is in front by a massive percentage.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Honestly, it all depends on the fights. But the Gargoyle buff is actually quite major now that it will actually scale with our Mastery, and we might see Mastery come ahead as a statweight. I honestly hope for another small buff to the specc, cause I despise frost with all my heart.
    Dat burst with gargoyle + much faster timmy on pulls!

Yeah I'm staying frost till it's nerfed super hard or unholy has the option of ditching the pet.

Please learn what viable actually means.

Unholy is certainly viable already and is will be even better after the patch.

Deleted
    Im sticking with Unholy, just prefer it.

Deleted
    I don't especially like using a pet because I feel I'm too reliant to it and without it incapable. I still know how to play unholy quite well and enjoy it. I'll spec both. I would happily give my top damage away to a mage, lock or a warrior in RBGs in change for some utility and survivability for my frost DK.

Addition: but what blizzard seems to fix in the next patch makes me cover my face in my palms and grieve them to fix something else. Patch is still afar so I shouldn't be pulling any early conclusions. Although I really like the idea of Gary not costing any RP but not liking the plague strike buff so far.
    Last edited by mmoc4f26fd59c0; 2012-12-24 at 11:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of bugs me when people say that they would never play UH unless it becomes pet-less... if they did that UH would lose ALL it's flavor.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

I'm staying Frost no matter what , never liked unholy and probably never will.

Frost. Even if it sucks.

I made my Dk to play as frost wont be unholy cause i just dont like pet's

I find unholy to be a very fun and skillful spec. The rotation isn't overly complicated nor is managing your pet. I like that fact that damage upkeep on a boss is still pretty stable when you have to either start dpsing on adds (Sha Of Fear and Elegon) or having to stack for a heavy damage aoe phase (Heroic Feng). I find the play style very enjoyable and the fact that i am able to keep up and usually beat the other dps in my raid (Ret pally, 2 warlocks, hunter, enhance sham, and a rogue) is quite fulfilling knowing i can do it in the subpar spec. But regardless play with what you find comfortable, I was frost 100% since i leveled my death knight and i seemed to just flow more towards unholy this expansion.

Cheers!

Deleted
    preferred unholy in Cata (with gurthalak) but it seems to have lost its shine now... Have been playing unholy for a few weeks just to rank on fights (because it's dead easy/hardly anyone plays it) and tbh the damage is comparable... my logs have shown UH ahead on some fights and frost on others (admittedly more frost) but I enjoy the playstyle and if UH is even slightly better come 5.2 I'll be happy, though I seriously doubt a mastery-buffed Gargoyle being up for 1/6th of the fight will mean our stat weights change.

I'm quite bothered by the fact you typed out "quote unquote" then typed the word in quotes immediately after making the aforementioned words useless...

Solely posting to attack someones grammar is not accepted.
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2012-12-25 at 02:03 PM.
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.