Brought to tears from an impossible dream.

So I often think to myself, in quiet. I think about the past present and future. I think about human beings as a whole how far from peace we are and how even much further we are from achieving common outer space exploration.

I lay on a flat landing on the roof of my home and stare at the sky, Though not as beautiful as other areas of the world I've only seen pictures of where the arm of the milky way galaxy is present and I think, 'Even if I were to live a hundred more years, I myself nor will our race ever achieve anything close to this except perhaps mars, I think of the vastness, the nearly infinite amount of things we've yet to discover, the laws of existence that we don't yet know, untapped dimensions , parallel universes , trying to understand and figure out the "one true answer" to the question everybody asks themselves at least once in their life."

This brilliant, exotic, gorgeous, dangerous, wondrous, existence we claim to "Understand" and go on living along side everyday will remain virtually undiscovered in my lifetime because the ignorant minds of our species see it more fit to quarrel with one another than to find peace, Unify and ensure our species longevity amongst the stars.

Reading books like 'Rendezvous with rama 1 - 4' And 'Childhood's end' Are prime examples of this, even though they are fiction.

This brings me to tears as silly as this may be to others. Not that I very much care about humans in general, but for us to remain on our world without giving anything similar to peace other than different "Races" of people as we call them intermingling as barely as that occurs within all society's is pitiful. IMO.

GIVE ABANDONING IGNORANCE AND EMBRACING DISCOVERY A FUCKING CHANCE.

It's funny, I dwell on similarly grand thoughts so frequently, but rarely on the universe beyond what we see. I guess it's just that we've glanced lightyears beyond what we could conceivably travel to and still seen only millions more dead spheres hovering in nothingness. We reach out as far as we can stretch, and still nothing has reached back. It's demoralizing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Childhood's end is sort of the opposite sentiment. And I didn't personally think the ending was very... desirable.

Anyway, life is what you make of it. Is an illiterate farmer's life worth less than the life of some high powered CEOs if the farmer is happy and content and sees to it that his family is as well? On that same notion, are our lives made more worthless by the notion that we haven't traversed very far into space? There's no use in dwelling on how "unfair" the world is, unless you can provide solutions.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-12-24 at 09:35 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just want to watch the world burn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    i just want to watch the world burn
    Hear hear.

Deleted
    It will get better, if we do not blow our species of the planet in the next 100 years, humans will come to their sense.
    You think there is a lot of wars now? Look back a 100 years, before WWI and WWII