Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Maybe it's an Australian thing, but Barbecues, do you even?

So in Australia, it's pretty much standard that every household has a barbecue and has barbecued meals over the summer (Christmas, since that's summer here), so there's this amazing new thing I found that I think every Australian, and those Americans that also enjoy BBQs would like to look into.

It's a new idea from that website people are hearing more about, Kickstarter, where people can come up with crazy ideas and see if they get supported.

Check it out.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...f-your-bbq-exp
    Hakushi - Main Shaman - 587 Enh/573 Ele 8/8 HM DS (5% Nerf Spine/Madness), 7/7 HM FL, 6/6 HM MSV, 6/6 HM HoF, 4/4 HM ToES, 13/13 HM ToT, 14/14 HM SoO
    Oxyra - Semi-Main DK - 570 Blood 6/6 HM MSV, 6/6 HM HoF, 4/4 HM ToES, 13/13 HM ToT, 4/14 HM SoO
    Raiding with Fused - Illidan

Real men don't use gloves when barbecueing.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

Or I could just not burn myself while I'm BBQing? I don't see why I would need to handle the briquettes? I've never burned myself BBQing or Cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Real men don't use gloves when barbecueing.
    This. People just won't wear them.

Use a lot of BBQs in the summer here in England too. One year at Xmas our oven broke and we had to barbeque an entire roast dinner.. that was interesting.

I wouldn't wear those fruity things. lol. I didn't even know it was possible to burn yourself while BBQing anyways. haha.

That's pretty damn cool, but I don't see it being commercially successful since it's not really needed.

Looks like an "As Seen on TV" type item to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post
    That's pretty damn cool, but I don't see it being commercially successful since it's not really needed.

Come on, some of those things are actually quite good. The PedEgg really works for keeping my feet nice between pedicures.

I am such a girl, really. :-\
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

You're not using the gloves to hold the utensils. You're using the gloves AS utensils. Directly on the barbecue.
    Hakushi - Main Shaman - 587 Enh/573 Ele 8/8 HM DS (5% Nerf Spine/Madness), 7/7 HM FL, 6/6 HM MSV, 6/6 HM HoF, 4/4 HM ToES, 13/13 HM ToT, 14/14 HM SoO
    Oxyra - Semi-Main DK - 570 Blood 6/6 HM MSV, 6/6 HM HoF, 4/4 HM ToES, 13/13 HM ToT, 4/14 HM SoO
    Raiding with Fused - Illidan

Kinda funny i'm literally having a BBQ xmas eve party atm and I never even thought of using gloves.

They look like one of those ideas that would be great in certain situations like having an open fire pit but the average bloke wouldn't be caught dead wearing them.
    i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz 1.35V || Asus Z97 Hero VII || EVGA GTX 980 Sli (x2) 1455Mhz || 16GB Corsair Vengence 2133mhz || 128GB+500GB SSD (PRO/EVO) || 2TB+4TB WD Blacks || Corsair HX-850W || Custom Water Cooling - xspc ex140 w/ noctua NF-A14 - xspc rx360 - xspc photon 270 w/ D5 - primochill acrylic tubing & ghost fittings -
    Corsair 900D || ASUS ROG Swift || Roccat Ryos MK Pro || Cyborg RAT7/Logitech G700s || BitFenix Recon Fan Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    You're not using the gloves to hold the utensils. You're using the gloves AS utensils. Directly on the barbecue.
    Sounds like bullshit to me. I'd rather just fork out the cash for a nice set of utensils.
    - Thucydides

- Eugen Weber

Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post

I was reminded of the "Ove Glove" commercials wherein a person uses a similar mitt to unscrew a lightbulb...that's still on

Been Bbqing everyday so far here in NZ this summer..+

aren't hot coals hotter then 240 degrees celcius?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    aren't hot coals hotter then 240 degrees celcius?

Briquettes aren't pure coal.
    - Thucydides

- Eugen Weber

well briquettes then.

well briquettes then.
    Briquettes burn around 240 degrees celsius, yes.
    - Thucydides

- Eugen Weber

well briquettes then.
    about 100-175 degrees C, according to my 'stay up too late' napkin math.

It says they are up to 240 degrees though.

Okay, I guess it is is safe if 150 (+/-) degrees

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    about 100-175 degrees C, according to my 'stay up too late' napkin math.
    Really, that low?
    - Thucydides

- Eugen Weber

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Really, that low?
    According to wiki answers (lol I know, but it was the only place I could find quickly) they burn ~200-450F