Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Maybe it's an Australian thing, but Barbecues, do you even?

So in Australia, it's pretty much standard that every household has a barbecue and has barbecued meals over the summer (Christmas, since that's summer here), so there's this amazing new thing I found that I think every Australian, and those Americans that also enjoy BBQs would like to look into.

It's a new idea from that website people are hearing more about, Kickstarter, where people can come up with crazy ideas and see if they get supported.

Check it out.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...f-your-bbq-exp
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Real men don't use gloves when barbecueing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Or I could just not burn myself while I'm BBQing? I don't see why I would need to handle the briquettes? I've never burned myself BBQing or Cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Real men don't use gloves when barbecueing.
    This. People just won't wear them.

Use a lot of BBQs in the summer here in England too. One year at Xmas our oven broke and we had to barbeque an entire roast dinner.. that was interesting.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I wouldn't wear those fruity things. lol. I didn't even know it was possible to burn yourself while BBQing anyways. haha.

That's pretty damn cool, but I don't see it being commercially successful since it's not really needed.

Looks like an "As Seen on TV" type item to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post
    That's pretty damn cool, but I don't see it being commercially successful since it's not really needed.

Come on, some of those things are actually quite good. The PedEgg really works for keeping my feet nice between pedicures.

I am such a girl, really. :-\
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

You're not using the gloves to hold the utensils. You're using the gloves AS utensils. Directly on the barbecue.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Kinda funny i'm literally having a BBQ xmas eve party atm and I never even thought of using gloves.

They look like one of those ideas that would be great in certain situations like having an open fire pit but the average bloke wouldn't be caught dead wearing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    You're not using the gloves to hold the utensils. You're using the gloves AS utensils. Directly on the barbecue.
    Sounds like bullshit to me. I'd rather just fork out the cash for a nice set of utensils.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post

I was reminded of the "Ove Glove" commercials wherein a person uses a similar mitt to unscrew a lightbulb...that's still on

10+ Year Old Account
    Been Bbqing everyday so far here in NZ this summer..+

aren't hot coals hotter then 240 degrees celcius?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    aren't hot coals hotter then 240 degrees celcius?

Briquettes aren't pure coal.

well briquettes then.

10+ Year Old Account
    well briquettes then.
    Briquettes burn around 240 degrees celsius, yes.

well briquettes then.
    about 100-175 degrees C, according to my 'stay up too late' napkin math.

It says they are up to 240 degrees though.

Okay, I guess it is is safe if 150 (+/-) degrees

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    about 100-175 degrees C, according to my 'stay up too late' napkin math.
    Really, that low?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Really, that low?
    According to wiki answers (lol I know, but it was the only place I could find quickly) they burn ~200-450F