This might have been done a million times before, but I'm going to go ahead and make this thread in light of the 5.2 troll models.
It isn't news that a huge part of the player base has been asking for alternate skins or models of current player races. Wildhammer dwarves, Mag'har orcs, etcetera.
I wanted to use this thread to compile a list of alternate skins and models Blizzard could give to each race to make them even more fun to play. It might not happen, but we sure can wish for it.
I'll also be listing certain skin/model possibilities in colors that indicate how likely it is that Blizzard will implement them.
Very likely - It would be a surprise if Blizzard didn't implement this, given the demand, ease and lore.
Likely - It may very well happen
Possible - It may or may not happen.
Unlikely - Not very likely to happen.
Impossible - This will never happen.
- Orcs: Mag'har Orc, Dragonmaw Orc, Fel Orc
- Trolls: Zandalari Troll, Farakki Troll, Amani Troll, Drakkari Troll, Dire Troll
- Undead: Undead High Elf,
- Blood Elves: Wretched Blood Elf, Fel Elves
- Tauren: Grimtotem, Taunka
- Goblins: <nothing at this time>
- Humans: Vrykul, High Elf(? -also listed at night elves)
- Dwarves: Wildhammer Dwarf, Dark Iron Dwarf, Earthen Dwarf, Frost Dwarf
- Night Elves: Highborne, High Elf(? - also listed at humans)
- Gnomes: Leper Gnome, Mechagnome ( useful, would fit 'mechanical race' niche)
- Draenei: Krokul/Broken
- Worgen: Cataclysm Alpha model (explanation for difference could be that live ones are Arugal worgen and the alpha ones are gilnean or vice versa)
- Pandaren: No need for any alternate models.
Of course, feel free to add a reason why one skin/model option should be more or less likely, or add a suggestion for another skin/model + the reason why.
Also feel free to discuss, of course!