Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This could be in the wrong place, but how do you do Garalon as Destro? RoF a leg+body, FnB off of garalon himself making it hit all legs(not sure if this works, maybe with MF?), just use embers on CB/Shadowburning the legs etc? Gonna try Destro this week so I'm a bit curious on that fight.

Brusalk,

Thanks for the video!

Now let´s hope Blizzard not to keep the GoSac nerf in 5.2!

Quote Originally Posted by Iry View Post
    If you feel inclined to provide some simcraft proof that would be wonderful. It is not that I doubt you on this issue, but the implications are very large.

For example, my current rotation allows me keep Havoc on cooldown except 20 seconds prior to Dark Soul coming off cooldown to ensure 4 embers for Dark Soul. If RoF increases ember generation then it might be just enough to keep Havoc on permanent cooldown (when the fight allows), with Havoc coming back up on the 4th Chaos Bolt during a Dark Soul.

Going to need to test this, and see if the extra mana expense messes up the mana regeneration rhythm.
    I'll work on it (mostly just doing the sims again). The extra mana expense does mess up the rhythm which is why I only really mentioned doing it while moving and if it's not already going.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 01:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    Would have liked a section on macros if you use any.
    I use two macros, one in which I pop my engineering gloves the same time as my dark soul, and the following for havoc:

Code:
    #showtooltip Havoc
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Havoc
    That lets you hit the button while your mouse is over an enemy that is alive and cast havoc on it without changing targets. If your mouseover doesn't exist, isn't an enemy, or is dead it'll cast it on your current target instead.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 01:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fury Junior View Post
    Ew...Worgen. But on a serious note, this is really help and informative. Thank you.
    Worgen's the best race ally side, sadly And you're very welcome! I'm working on a written version for sticky that should be out in a day or two!

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 01:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Algekevin View Post
    This could be in the wrong place, but how do you do Garalon as Destro? RoF a leg+body, FnB off of garalon himself making it hit all legs(not sure if this works, maybe with MF?), just use embers on CB/Shadowburning the legs etc? Gonna try Destro this week so I'm a bit curious on that fight.
    FnB would work with mannoroth's fury, but KjC is so necessary for kiting that it's not really an option. As for what I do, when the boss is moving slowly and not turning much I'll RoF the leg and the body. If he's about to turn fast or something I don't do that. I will havoc a chaos bolt onto the boss from the leg if the leg is nearby and I can get into the damage buff. If you havoc a leg it should be up again as the next leg respawns. If I have extra embers I'll shadowburn the leg that's low, but I've usually used most of them or am saving them for dark soul. If there's a leg far out on the other side that melee doesn't go into then I'll work on that leg rather than the boss while other close legs aren't up.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 01:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aruotnof View Post
    Brusalk,

Thanks for the video!

Now let´s hope Blizzard not to keep the GoSac nerf in 5.2!
    Your welcome! I do hope they don't nerf destro. Destro is lacking in the single target area and by nerfing sac they're making it worse I could easily see them making it so that havoc'd spells don't benefit from Sac, and instead buff our single target.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 01:41 PM ----------

I am back with proof (and a bit of a surprise actually!)

Default T14H Destro APL: 115733 +- 34.21

Modified T14H Destro APL: 116325 +- 37.7

It's actually, according to those numbers a dps increase to use (albeit somewhat small) on a single target fight assuming that the target stays in the RoF the whole time. The modified APL I used is below, but the TL;DR: is that it used rain of fire just above normal incinerates in the rotation. So behind everything else you do, it just used it instead of 1 incinerate every 10.9 seconds on average.

The RoF rotation yields nearly the same stat priority as previous sac sims. Hit(15) > mastery = crit > haste. In this sim crits actually the same as mastery. (2.11 vs 2.09)

The RoF rotation introduces some waiting though. 15.4s out of a 577 sec fight.

Here's the burning ember gains from RoF:

And finally the actual APL used:
    Code:
    #!./simc 

warlock="Warlock_Destruction_T14H"
    origin="unknown"
    level=90
    race=orc
    spec=destruction
    role=spell
    position=back
    professions=engineering=600/enchanting=600
    talents=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#Vb!..0.2.
    glyphs=conflagrate/burning_embers

actions.precombat=flask,type=warm_sun
    actions.precombat+=/food,type=mogu_fish_stew
    actions.precombat+=/dark_intent,if=!aura.spell_power_multiplier.up
    actions.precombat+=/summon_pet
    actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats
    actions.precombat+=/jade_serpent_potion

actions=curse_of_the_elements,if=debuff.magic_vulnerability.down
    actions+=/use_item,name=shaskin_gloves
    actions+=/jade_serpent_potion,if=buff.bloodlust.react|target.health.pct<=20
    actions+=/blood_fury
    actions+=/dark_soul
    actions+=/service_pet,if=talent.grimoire_of_service.enabled
    actions+=/grimoire_of_sacrifice,if=talent.grimoire_of_sacrifice.enabled
    actions+=/summon_pet,if=talent.grimoire_of_sacrifice.enabled&buff.grimoire_of_sacrifice.down
    actions+=/run_action_list,name=aoe,if=active_enemies>2
    actions+=/summon_doomguard
    actions+=/havoc,target=2,if=active_enemies>1
    actions+=/shadowburn,if=ember_react
    actions+=/immolate,cycle_targets=1,if=ticks_remain<add_ticks%2&target.time_to_die>=5&miss_react
    actions+=/chaos_bolt,if=ember_react&(buff.backdraft.stack<3|level<86)&(burning_ember>3.5|buff.dark_soul.remains>cast_time)&mana.pct<=80
    actions+=/conflagrate
    actions+=/rain_of_fire,if=!ticking&!in_flight
    actions+=/incinerate
    actions+=/chaos_bolt,if=burning_ember>2&mana.pct<10

actions.aoe=summon_doomguard,if=active_enemies<7
    actions.aoe+=/summon_infernal,if=active_enemies>=7
    actions.aoe+=/rain_of_fire,if=!ticking&!in_flight
    actions.aoe+=/fire_and_brimstone,if=ember_react&buff.fire_and_brimstone.down
    actions.aoe+=/immolate,if=buff.fire_and_brimstone.up&!ticking
    actions.aoe+=/conflagrate,if=ember_react&buff.fire_and_brimstone.up
    actions.aoe+=/incinerate,if=buff.fire_and_brimstone.up
    actions.aoe+=/immolate,cycle_targets=1,if=!ticking

head=shaskin_hood,id=87188,gems=burning_primal_80int_160hit_180int
    neck=amulet_of_seven_curses,id=87028,reforge=hit_mastery
    shoulders=shaskin_mantle,id=87191,gems=80int_160hit_60int,enchant=200int_100crit
    back=cloak_of_overwhelming_corruption,id=90512,enchant=180int,reforge=haste_hit
    chest=shaskin_robes,id=87190,gems=80int_160mastery_80int_160mastery_180haste,enchant=80all,reforge=haste_hit
    wrists=shining_cicada_bracers,id=86992,enchant=180int,reforge=hit_mastery
    hands=shaskin_gloves,id=87187,enchant=170mastery,addon=synapse_springs_mark_ii,reforge=haste_crit
    waist=belt_of_malleable_amber,id=86981,gems=80int_160mastery_80int_160hit_120haste_160int,reforge=haste_mastery
    legs=leggings_of_shadow_infestation,id=86989,gems=160int_80int_160hit_120int,enchant=285int_165crit,reforge=crit_hit
    feet=sandals_of_the_unbidden,id=86969,gems=80int_160mastery_60hit,enchant=140mastery,reforge=hit_crit
    finger1=watersoul_signet,id=90511,enchant=160int,reforge=spi_mastery
    finger2=fragment_of_fear_made_flesh,id=86949,enchant=160int,reforge=hit_mastery
    trinket1=essence_of_terror,id=87175
    trinket2=relic_of_yulon,id=79331
    main_hand=regails_crackling_dagger,id=90513,gems=80int_160hit_60crit,enchant=jade_spirit
    off_hand=tornadosummoning_censer,id=86960,enchant=165int,reforge=crit_mastery

# Gear Summary
    # gear_strength=80
    # gear_agility=80
    # gear_stamina=20397
    # gear_intellect=17867
    # gear_spirit=368
    # gear_spell_power=8441
    # gear_hit_rating=5100
    # gear_crit_rating=5223
    # gear_haste_rating=2470
    # gear_mastery_rating=5990
    # gear_armor=14882
    # meta_gem=burning_primal
    # tier14_2pc_caster=1
    # tier14_4pc_caster=1
    # hands=shaskin_gloves,addon=synapse_springs_mark_ii
    # main_hand=regails_crackling_dagger,heroic=1,weapon=dagger_1.80speed_2515min_4671max,enchant=jade_spirit
    default_pet=felhunter

That was actually mentioned in the warlock simcraft thread shortly after 5.1, but creator felt it was needlessly complicating the priority list for such a small gain to update the official sim.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was actually mentioned in the warlock simcraft thread shortly after 5.1, but creator felt it was needlessly complicating the priority list for such a small gain to update the official sim.
    Someone on the Sim team thought it wasn't a good idea to get the highest possible result from the Sim? Are you serious?

Deleted
    i agree with micke i remember the thread and it may be a zakalwe post

Brusalk, this is gloriously helpful. My dps is up 5-10 K from where it was when I logged on this morning. Thank you!

I realize that it's far too early to reach any serious conclusions yet, but given the little we've seen so far, will Sacrifice remain ahead of Supremacy in 5.2?

Deleted
    Someone on the Sim team thought it wasn't a good idea to get the highest possible result from the Sim? Are you serious?
    http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t130019-...1/#post2220355

Quote Originally Posted by Elanas View Post
    Brusalk, this is gloriously helpful. My dps is up 5-10 K from where it was when I logged on this morning. Thank you!

I realize that it's far too early to reach any serious conclusions yet, but given the little we've seen so far, will Sacrifice remain ahead of Supremacy in 5.2?
    For single target I doubt it. I'm pretty sure it'll make Supremacy slightly better. For cleave I doubt anything other than Sacrifice will be best forever, unless they make Havoc'd spells not get boosted with Sacrifice.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 08:57 AM ----------

It's closer to 700 DPS right now, and that's using it all the time. I have to go look for a place to live, but when I get back I'll mess around and see if I can get more out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, Zakalwe himself said it. Well that validates the opinion at least, but still odd to me. I always thought any change for more DPS was used, regardless of inconvenience. Well, learn something every day, I suppose

Thank you very much for this video, very in depth and lots of good tips, I learnt a lot from it! I play demo as my main spec and destruction as secondary, after watching your video I gave destro a go and found my DPS to be very good, I'd love a guide this in depth for demonology!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLisi1982 View Post
    ...I'd love a guide this in depth for demonology!
    Zinnin asked me about the Demo sticky and if it was worth making a new guide. I of course told him that I thought that was an excellent idea, as much has happened since beta, so with some luck your wish should be granted

While I'm asking questions, when it comes to picking a weapon with the sha-touched socket, is there an advantage to staff over 1H + offhand, or vice versa?

I really like that this is so in depth, wish someone would do a demo one also as I mostly play afflic/destro.

I haven't had a chance to watch your video yet but I do plan to do so over xmas break. Also, I have been thinking of going destro more often as I think it is more fun than affi, and with that said I was thinking that means I should change one of my professions to engineering (I am currently enchanting/alchemy). Reason being is my understanding is you want to cast chaos bolts when you have as many procs active as possible and so I was thinking the on use buff would be better than the static proc from my current professions. Does anyone know ball park how much of a dps increase this would be (this leads me to my second comment)?

I do not profess to be a simcraft expert but if I can read brusalk's apl correctly it appears chaosbolts are used basically to not cap embers and when you are going to run out of mana. I would have thought the highest dps resulted from getting close to 4 embers, waiting for a trinket or jade spirit to proc, then blowing DS/racial/pots/eng enchant etc and then going to town with chaos bolts. Now, in between these times of using all of your CDs you will need to use more chaos bolts so as not to run oom but I thought you still tried to wait for a proc or two before using those as well and none of this proc watching mini-game appears to be included anywhere in simcraft. Is that merely because I simply have a misunderstanding of the mechanics, because it is too hard to sim or something else entirely?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    none of this proc watching mini-game appears to be included anywhere in simcraft. Is that merely because I simply have a misunderstanding of the mechanics, because it is too hard to sim or something else entirely?
    No idea WHY it's not in the sims, but the whole proc watching thing is indeed not in the SimC model at the moment. I guess it's rather hard to model all the variables of when to do it or not. You can bet guys like Brusalk do exactly what you think they do though, which is take advantage of procs to bleed Chaos Bolts when needed.

I was wondering if there were any neat fire and brimstone macros you could use so you don't have to keep pressing the button after each spell?

I use
    Code:
    /cast Fire and Brimstone
    /cast Incinerate
    and
    Code:
    /cast [mod:shift] Fire and Brimstone
    /cast Conflagrate
    Both work fine for me.

Good guide, no doubt. You may consider making a smaller version of it for people with smaller attention spans, though. I'm a pretty huge fan of Destruction myself, and I'm hoping that the gap between it and Affliction will be lessened enough to warrant going Destro fulltime in 10-man progression raiding.

Personally, I can perform really well as Destruction right now, but I feel like it's significantly more gear-reliant than the other two specs are, given that Mastery and Crit both work to scale up both the damage of your Chaos Bolts, and the frequency at which you can cast them. I feel as though if nothing too major were to change between now and 5.2 that Destro may outscale Affliction because of this in t15 heroic gear. But we'll see!

I macro Stopcasting with Shadowburn.
    I macro [mod:alt] Immolate, Conflagrate, and Incinerate with Fire and Brimstone separately.
    I macro [mod:alt] Mortal Coil with Healthstone.
    I macro Dark Soul, Blood Fury, Engi Gloves to cast simultaneously.
    I macro Castsequence Soul Well, Dark Intent, Summon Voidwalker, Grimoire of Sacrifice.
    I macro Havoc on mouseover.

And when I am feeling really lazy, I macro Castsequence Immolate, Conflagrate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate for LFR and Heroic Dungeons.