10+ Year Old Account

Should I Play SW:TOR?

I been wanting to play for a long time and I found it it's now F2P (to a certain level.) And I want to know, what is the most similar to being a Fury Warrior and an Unholy DK?
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Deleted
    This game isn't F2P, its Pay to Win. Even to unlock your second action bar you need to pay real money...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    This game isn't F2P, its Pay to Win. Even to unlock your second action bar you need to pay real money...
    you get by default 2 action bars.

Fury Warrior, I'd say either Jedi Sentinel or Sith Marauder (lightsaber dual wielders)

Unholy DK... can't really think of any I'd consider close to an unholy DK.

Also, my advice to enjoy SWTOR: play it like a single player game. It's awesome as a single player game that you play through for storyline, but most people find the endgame lacking (including myself, but I went into the game expecting to play it like a singe player game anyway).
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-12-24 at 11:24 AM.

no, that game sucks is only for star wars fanboys.

<Mod Edit: Infracted, please post constructively>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-12-24 at 12:55 PM.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

To just check out f2p all you will spend is a little download time. Based on that alone if you wanted to play you should give it a look. If you like it spend a few bucks, like 5, and you will open up a few unlocks that greatly improve the game.

There isnt anything really like unholy DKs Shadow Jedi/Sith Assassins are kinda like blood dks as far as tanking goes but the dot spreading you do with unholy doesnt carry over.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

It is a great game if you just want to see the story. However like others have said the F2P restrictions are a bit much. However you can continue to progress and experience the classes and the storylines as a F2P player. If you are considering it I would definitly recommend it.

as for a fury warrior I would liken it to Sith warrior - Marauder spec. You get to duel wield light sabers It's a lot of fun

Deleted
    I played SWTOR for half a year since launch and must say I really enjoyed it, it's way better game then overhyped Guild Wars 2 in my opinion.
    Sadly biggest problem of the game is developer, it's like they forgot about their game soon after launch, patches are too few and offer very little content.
    To fix open world PvP for example they couldnt think of anything good, and just scraped it, they promissed ranked warzones to happen very soon and we were waiting long months for it, new raid was just 4 (or 5, don't remember) bosses "long".

It would be fantastic game if Blizzard took it over, sadly BioWare/EA runs the show and they just want to milk it without putting any effort.

It has a very enjoyable leveling experience. The Warzones were always interesting to me. End game raiding was meh, though I quit halfway through the 2nd tier. Not sure if it's improved.

For anything Warrior-like, Juggernaut is your tanking choice and Marauder is a mixture of Fury/Arms(Dual-wield and if spec'd into a specified tree, has bleeds/dots). There's nothing really like a DK exactly, unfortunately.
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    you get by default 2 action bars.
    Stop spreading false information. You get 4 action bars by default and will have 6 character slots as a preferred player soon.

I don't think this game is worth paying for at all, but it is worth playing completely free. You can level, waste some time in it, but don't give them any money beyond the $5 you need to be preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Stop spreading false information. You get 4 action bars by default and will have 6 character slots as a preferred player soon.

I don't think this game is worth paying for at all, but it is worth playing completely free. You can level, waste some time in it, but don't give them any money beyond the $5 you need to be preferred.
    Unless they changed it since the last time I looked (or you guys are talking about something completely different) you get 2 quickbars as free, 4 as preferred, and 6 as a subscriber.

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP

These type of threads are subjective you will have haters and lovers of the game all butting heads. Try the f2p and make a decision for yourself that's the best answer.

Thread locked.