What makes arms better than fury for PVP?

I am doing more dps as arms than fury. It is the same gear and the same player.

Why does that happen?

I am considering that it is a combination of colossus smash resetting in arms AND that overpower can't be dodged or parried and is usually a crit.

What other reasons can you think that makes arms better for pvp than fury?

I also read in simulationcraft a stat that in patchwerk like fights colossus smash refreshes on average every 15 seconds. Is that correct? Do those 5 seconds matter that much? Or will any good player wait for furys colossus smash debuff, while sudden death is kinda unpredictable and unpeelable on a regular basis?

MS provides a healing debuff.
    Arms is less dependant on melee attacks.

And I'm not a pvp player so I don't know if there are other reasons but I can already think of these.

Have you tried doing fury in pvp? I don't know how ppl do it. It's hard to stay enraged and it's so easy to get rage starved.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not played Fury since Cataclysm and only briefly, so the info below may not be accurate.
    Just arms having less reliance on enrages and rage than fury, which requires it for half it's moves. Add on to the fact that swapping to defensive with shield also looses the buff from SMG or TG due to equipping a shield for 30 seconds from what I've heard. Also it looks to me that Fury lost it's Healing Debuff as well. Then again TBH not tried it in a while. I may have to experiment. An Avatar + Recklessness + Skull Banner + Trinket + Berserker Rage + Darkflight + Bladestorm seems like an interesting (fur)ball of Death. And they wonder why I say Warrior Cooldown stacking is an issue...
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Evs215 View Post
    Have you tried doing fury in pvp? I don't know how ppl do it. It's hard to stay enraged and it's so easy to get rage starved.
    I did it. it goes fine up to a certain mmr where it just doesn't do arms damage. Rage starved is not the problem in my opinion. It's just that arms does more damage.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 07:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Not played Fury since Cataclysm and only briefly, so the info below may not be accurate.
    Just arms having less reliance on enrages and rage than fury, which requires it for half it's moves. Add on to the fact that swapping to defensive with shield also looses the buff from SMG or TG due to equipping a shield for 30 seconds from what I've heard. Also it looks to me that Fury lost it's Healing Debuff as well. Then again TBH not tried it in a while. I may have to experiment. An Avatar + Recklessness + Skull Banner + Trinket + Berserker Rage + Darkflight + Bladestorm seems like an interesting (fur)ball of Death. And they wonder why I say Warrior Cooldown stacking is an issue...
    fury isn't reliant on enrages any more as it was in cataclysm - only raging blow requires enrages. and after all bloodthirst gets double crit chance which makes it easy to become enraged. fury also kept the healing debuff in terms of wild strike. also cd stacking and bladestorm only works up to a certain mmr. every class can counter it: for example iceblock, parry boost, bop, bubble, detterance, druid blink etc

Most of Arms damage comes from spells that don't use rage at all, granting us the chance to stay in Def stance.
    Wild strike (with no procs) costs a huge amount of rage and doesnt' deal that much damage, Fury definitely relies on Enrage to do good pressure, and with PvP gear you lack a lot of crit (im around 15-16%) to have a decent uptime. You also lose the possibility to use Wild strike and Raging Blow when wielding a shield.
    Fury is not viable at all in decent PvP.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    fury just costs to much rage for pvp and on top of that you wont miss with arms, you will have more fluent rage income

Deleted
    Little offtopic but does equipping a shield really make you lose the smf damage bonus?

Pretty sure it works the same as frost DKs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    I am doing more dps as arms than fury. It is the same gear and the same player.

Why does that happen?

I am considering that it is a combination of colossus smash resetting in arms AND that overpower can't be dodged or parried and is usually a crit.

What other reasons can you think that makes arms better for pvp than fury?

I also read in simulationcraft a stat that in patchwerk like fights colossus smash refreshes on average every 15 seconds. Is that correct? Do those 5 seconds matter that much? Or will any good player wait for furys colossus smash debuff, while sudden death is kinda unpredictable and unpeelable on a regular basis?
    I'm sorry, when I read the topic I have to admit that my mind literally said, 'you have to have arms for pvp, cause otherwise your feet would get tired from kicking the other players'

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    As it has been stated already, arms is far superior to fury because we "must" sit it defensive stance most of our ARENA matches so we will not be able to get rage from white attacks what fury needs. Also if you must switch to shield you cannot use RB or WS thus making your -healing debuff drop (it's not like arms will do any more pressure while using shield).

Quote Originally Posted by Murkkan View Post
    Little offtopic but does equipping a shield really make you lose the smf damage bonus?
    It does not. Only equipped a 2h weapon makes you lose the SMF damage bonus.

Deleted
    I am playing as fury 2h PvP right now, and its quite good, several occasions having 2 raging blows ready and then cds into a colossus can easily take 250k+ from someone in 3 seconds.

when having the same utility as arms, its quite good.

Deleted
    I think arms has always been better to the skills made available - however in MOP, I believe it's better due to taste for blood and overpower lineing up in a csmash. In 5.2, who knows! Spamming overpowers if you get a proc might be viable versus melee, but you're still going to want to MS for rage. At least that's my humble opinion!

In full Malev with T2 wep a Reckstorm will do around 100k+ a second as fury on a target with 65% resil. The problem is that if you don't land a kill during or shortly after all your pressure is gone and with how dependent fury is on being enraged you'll likely never score a kill outside of CD's.

short answer to your question . The uptime of colossus smash is bigger then on furry and the dmg of the spell that generate rage Mortal strike is x2 then Bloodthirst