Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    MGS5 got a new E3 trailer

10+ Year Old Account
    Metal Gear Solid V is officially coming to PC. Or so it seems.

Interest in this game plummeted with Ground Zeroes but it's starting to climb back up.

10+ Year Old Account

*HYPE INTENSIFIES*
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    It going to PC has made me very happy since I don't have to drop money on a console.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

Can't say I've ever been very interested in the series, but it coming to PC is nice. Hell, I may even pick it up at some point.

Yay for more games on more platforms!

I love Metal Gear Solid.

Glad to see MGSV is heading it's way to PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    ign.com/videos/2015/06/18/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-gameplay-demo-e3-2015

40 minutes gameplay in HD.

I can see this game getting a good amount of GOTY awards.
    This, witcher 3, and fallout 4. I don't see much else competing with these 3 despite all the other great games this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Phantom Pain gives me a Solid Snake.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    This, witcher 3, and fallout 4. I don't see much else competing with these 3 despite all the other great games this year.
    Careful.. you're upsetting the Batty(fan)boys

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Phantom Pain gives me a Solid Snake.
    Make sure not to kill Quiet.. she's a bossfight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ridiculously excited about this game and the amount of freedom and customization on offer. I loved all of the tiny little details too, such as D-Dog looking up when you fulton somebody or something, panting his tongue when prone (couldn't tell if it was because he was hot in the desert or just enjoying himself) and whimpering when he was going to be replaced with another partner. I wasn't the one playing, but I felt sad for the pixelated doggy.

Each partner will seemingly have big impacts on how each encounter is experienced, which not only offers replayability, but also means that just about everybody is going to have a unique playthrough experience. Can't say I'm too excited about D-Walker though, I know that realism isn't exactly a key feature of these games and we aren't supposed to take them as such, but a robot of this capability in the 80s which is apparently silent when moving (according to the narrator) stretches that to the limit.

I'm also hugely invested into the story, having played every 3D console game there is to play. Without exaggeration, I can honestly say that I bought my ps3 for mgs4 and bought my ps4 for mgsV. September 1st is too far away.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    Can't say I'm too excited about D-Walker though, I know that realism isn't exactly a key feature of these games and we aren't supposed to take them as such, but a robot of this capability in the 80s which is apparently silent when moving (according to the narrator) stretches that to the limit.
    It's Metal Gear Solid. The game does take place in the 80's and it loans it's existing realism from that era, but only to an extend (west vs east, child soldiers, proxy wars, cold war, weapon development like the Fulton, 80's music, etc). But the state of the technology available in the 80's MGS timeline is different, far more advanced. Just something to be aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    I'm also hugely invested into the story, having played every 3D console game there is to play. Without exaggeration, I can honestly say that I bought my ps3 for mgs4 and bought my ps4 for mgsV. September 1st is too far away.
    Me too. The story is almost half the attraction. Dark, treacherous, global, intriguing with fantast(ic) characters you grow to like. Seeing the links and stories between the different generations of characters gives a nostalgic feel. I only hope it will also be conveyed with the coming movie.

Cool

With emphasis on shorter

This game will occupy my time very heavily.
    I kinda want to see more about the weapon/gear/object customisation but on the other hand i don't want to spoil it.
    1st September is so far away tho, at this point I'm saying fuck summer, let it be autumm already...1st september to be exact.

The most hilarious thing in the latest video: ROCKET PUUUUUUNCH!

Edit: I hope that there will be a dubbed or at least subbed version of this new video. Although most seems self explanatory, I still would appreciate some more intel :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Here I thought the game couldn't possibly get any better, then I saw the rocket punch gif. Going to freeze myself till September.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Yeah this game looks like its on another level to anything else ever created.

And it lost the creator his job. Theres going to be some juicy gossip with this title. The last true metal gear game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah this game looks like its on another level to anything else ever created.

And it lost the creator his job. Theres going to be some juicy gossip with this title. The last true metal gear game.
    There were talks about remaking Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 with the new FOX Engine. Without Kojima I still think it could be done well since it's a remake, but Konami might redo Kojima's features out of spite. It all depends greatly who will fill his shoes, how much freedom will he get and how loyal will he be to Kojima's point of view.

This whole bullshitt that is going on between Kojima and Konami is not worthy their reputation.
    Kojima delivered one of most iconic game series of all time and Konami made it possible.

I hope that Kojima finds a new anchor to settle and create something different than MGS.
    He always wanted to part away from the project and i can sympathize with him.

there will be worthy people at Konami, to continue the saga. It just won't be a Kojima game anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weischbier View Post
    This whole bullshitt that is going on between Kojima and Konami is not worthy their reputation.
    Kojima delivered one of most iconic game series of all time and Konami made it possible.

I hope that Kojima finds a new anchor to settle and create something different than MGS.
    He always wanted to part away from the project and i can sympathize with him.

there will be worthy people at Konami, to continue the saga. It just won't be a Kojima game anymore.
    My only fear is that the new MGS games will be made for mainstream gamers to reach for a bigger audience and make more money that way. MGS has always been a unique experience and it would be sad if it took the generic path and milk out the monies. I still have high hopes for the remakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    My only fear is that the new MGS games will be made for mainstream gamers to reach for a bigger audience and make more money that way. MGS has always been a unique experience and it would be sad if it took the generic path and milk out the monies. I still have high hopes for the remakes.
    I agree, but thats how it goes.
    I already sniff a little going mainstream in the way they went "open world".
    "Open World" games are on every corner and cash good. But that is OT.

I really can't imagine where they wanna take the franchise after Kojima leaves.
    He said himself that this game will wrap up the story pretty much. So what is there left to tell?
    They'll come up with yet another twist? OR will they introduce another type of enemy? Or maybe reboot they series from the very first MGS?

I'd love to see HD remakes for the PS4 as they did for PS3, let me rephrase that; make it compatible with PS4.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/koj.../1100-6428811/

Shit just got real...

10+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe reboot they series from the very first MGS?
    Honestly, this is where I had always hoped the series would end. A complete wrap around with remakes of Gear 1 & 2, either as separate games or as two parts of a single story. I would never need another Metal Gear again after that.

Though I would love an Ac!d 3 for the Vita...

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I would love more Metal Gear games I think it would be better off being left alone after this. Konami has enough other investments to keep itself afloat without MGS. The series would be a shell of it's former self without Kojima.