Stood in the Fire Hunter Extraordinaire's Avatar

Exclamation Help! (with case) ASAP!! :(

So for X-mas i got my first DIY desktop...and i've put most parts in the case, (been watching newegg video) now i'm trying to wire everything....but there's no cables that say "fan" etc, i have 2 cables with nothing written on, with white headers connected to fans, but there's no place on Mboard to connect 'em.

also got a Corsair H80 and it have tiny 3hole ones, where Mboard has 4prong slots for fans.

Case; Coolermaster Storm Enforcer.
    Mboard; Asus P8Z77-v pro.

missed anything? i'll post it up soon...gotta logout and make it look like i'm still doing something ;p

If you are out of fan connectors on the MB, how many fans are you running?

Most good cases have a fan controller for all your fans taking away the need for plugging them into the MB at all. Sadly I couldn't find any info on your particular case regarding this and I have never built in this case either, leaving me blank as to wheter you have a fan controller or not. Fact of the matter is though, if you don't have a fan controller and you are running out of fan connectors on the MB, a fan controller is on your to-buy list. Having cables everywhere in a build isn't pretty and it gathers heaps of dust everywhere. If you worry about noise levels, buy silent, good quality case fans from Noctua or similar.

If I were you I would try looking for a built in fan controller in need of a molex to get power. This should save your day.

In regards to the H80, if anything is unclear you should have a look at some videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWWFjsJONYc - This video will take you through the basics of installing Corsair Hydro coolers.

Hey, sorry for the rather short responses but i'm typing on my phone while "in the bathroom" so gotta be fairly quick...and my phone connection is slow

I think i may have caused some confusion, but i've plugged 0 fans in, as i can't find any of the 4pin connectors from the case, that plug into the MoBo, i've got a 200mm on the front with 2molex(?) connectors on it, and a 120mm at the back near CPU with the same connections.

I watched that video a few days, and that looks fairly easy (was looking wrong place for that connection) lol.

Sorry if it's still vague

Mate... I've read your posts twice and i'm still confused as to what you're asking :P
    Buut... as far as I know, with the H80 you plug your 2 fans (with 3 pin headers) into the CPU water block/pump thing, then you plug the pump's 4pin into the Mboards 4pin header - usually located above your cpu socket - wihtin an inch or so, and then you plug the waterblock's 3pin into the 3pin header - which should be right beside your 4 pin header.

if your ungodly massive 200mm fan has molex connectors - plug that into a molex connecter from your PSU.
    Molex --> the archaic big 4 pins that are about the size of a match stick, and the head is about 1inch wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctua View Post
    Mate... I've read your posts twice and i'm still confused as to what you're asking :P
    Buut... as far as I know, with the H80 you plug your 2 fans (with 3 pin headers) into the CPU water block/pump thing, then you plug the pump's 4pin into the Mboards 4pin header - usually located above your cpu socket - wihtin an inch or so, and then you plug the waterblock's 3pin into the 3pin header - which should be right beside your 4 pin header.

if your ungodly massive 200mm fan has molex connectors - plug that into a molex connecter from your PSU.
    Molex --> the archaic big 4 pins that are about the size of a match stick, and the head is about 1inch wide.
    Sorry for confusing you...i'm not great at typed explainations

Thanks for the reply, it has made things a bit clearer now, i reckon i can start moving ahead again!