Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    311

    Dota 2 needs its own section in the forums.

    Promoting League of legends by giving it its own section is just as bad as RIOT being the only ones funding the tournaments regarding League.


    So I'll just simply as on behalf of the Dota 2 players in here: Can we have a Dota 2 section?


    (off topic: I have 8 Dota 2 GIFTS on steam that I'm not going to use, send me a PM if you want one)
    Last edited by verba; 2012-12-24 at 01:25 PM.

  2. #2
    I wouldn't mind one of those keys, if you have any spares left.

    How is the community? One of the reasons I stopped playing LoL is because the community stopped me from enjoying most games.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    Promoting League of legends by giving it its own section is just as bad as RIOT being the only ones funding the tournaments regarding League.


    So I'll just simply as on behalf of the Dota 2 players in here: Can we have a Dota 2 section?


    (off topic: I have 8 Dota 2 GIFTS on steam that I'm not going to use, send me a PM if you want one)
    Ever seen the Lol Forums? 1 Thread thats actually alive in discussion, the rest is a constant repetition of "Why i quit lol", "Why is x op"... I would rather see the Lol forum get closed and the megathread there moved here instead of creating a Dota 2 section. 2 threads: Megathread and "Who wants a key" are enough.

  4. #4
    Totally agree, you can't discuss Dota in one mega thread, game is far too big and interesting to limit into one thread.

    Also I have several keys up for grabs that you do not want so PM me if you want one

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire MrDeadcruel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Posts
    441
    DoTA 2 has much more depth then LoL, i think so at least we should get a forum section

    Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

  6. #6
    DOTA 2 megathread had 6 posts yesterday.

    I don't think a megathread should have its own forum if that happens.

    I don't know how big DOTA 2 is, compared to LoL, but, usually, megathreads only get their own sub forum if the mega thread is active, that's how it's been so far but I do not know that, so don't quote me on that.

    The LoL forum is quite active at times, even the mega thread, wanting to take it out because DOTA 2 has no sub forum isn't a very good thing, to put it lightly.


    Some people here, I think, have said that you can't discuss much in the DOTA 2 mega thread because there's a lot of things to discuss, but thing is, there's not much discussion to begin with(in the megathread), yesterday, I counted 6 posts, only 6 posts... How can a mega thread like this, have its own forum?

    I don't mind a DOTA 2 sub forum but if you guys want it, go out there and start having lots of discussions!

    It's just like people asking for a Lore forum, for WoW, or a Science Forum. For that to happen, you guys need to post, post and post, but not in a spammy way of course!

    So go post and have discussions that people can participate on!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    Promoting League of legends by giving it its own section is just as bad as RIOT being the only ones funding the tournaments regarding League.


    So I'll just simply as on behalf of the Dota 2 players in here: Can we have a Dota 2 section?


    (off topic: I have 8 Dota 2 GIFTS on steam that I'm not going to use, send me a PM if you want one)
    I would love a dota 2 key if you still got one

    I can't pm you cause im under the post count so if you could pm me one that would be great.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    DOTA 2 megathread had 6 posts yesterday.

    I don't think a megathread should have its own forum if that happens.
    Is this the part where I tell you about the glory days back when Lysah still modded the LoL forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I don't know how big DOTA 2 is, compared to LoL
    Not counting Asian players on either side (considering they're probably not regular posters), it's maybe a fifth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    The LoL forum is quite active at times, even the mega thread
    Beyond League of Legends Chat Thread and a thread for every new champion, there's really not much interesting discussion happening at all.


    On that note, I don't really support a DotA 2 subforum, I just think the LoL sub is already redundant.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Is this the part where I tell you about the glory days back when Lysah still modded the LoL forum.
    o.O I had no idea she was a LoL mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Not counting Asian players on either side (considering they're probably not regular posters), it's maybe a fifth.
    I had no idea of that either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Beyond League of Legends Chat Thread and a thread for every new champion, there's really not much interesting discussion happening at all.

    On that note, I don't really support a DotA 2 subforum, I just think the LoL sub is already redundant.
    Well, it got its own forum, I don't know when or why, but it did, so I'm assuming DOTA 2, or any other megathread, might have it too if the megathread is, somehow, active or if there's a reason to, but I really have no idea and an admin might answer that well.

  10. #10
    Activity dota2 compared to other popular games on steam : http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ Dota/Dota2 community is arguably quite big, but dota2 is still in beta and invite only.

    Problem is you can't discuss the many dota2 strategies in a mega thread.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    glory days
    I disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    o.O I had no idea she was a LoL mod.
    Noob

    DotA2 would get a lot more traffic if it was a forum instead of a thread. Threads are easily missed, most people won't even know there is a DotA2 thread on MMOC at all. You can't just jump in the DotA2 mega thread to start talking about possible builds for Luna Moonfang in the middle of a discussion about Russians invading the world. I'm sure if there was a DotA2 forum, a lot more posts would be seen. People would have threads for heroes, for items, for esports talk, for future content, much like the LoL forum exists right now.

    However, new forums require mods. New forums are just one more thing to have to manage and pay attention to. New forums take up space on the index and make the list of subforums that much longer. Does the added benefit of focused discussion about DotA2 outweigh the actual hassle of managing a new forum, probably not. We certainly have some forums on MMOC that are probably less active than a DotA2 forum would be, but right now, the megathread isn't active enough to be a good representative sample. If you begin to count how many people post *regularly* in the thread you won't have to move to your toes before you're finished, unfortunately.

    See how much more fun people think the game is when it's finished and anyone can download it straight from steam for free.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  12. #12
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    267
    LoL is bigger.. it will always be bigger and have a bigger crowd.. face it

    its already out there and its the biggest PC game in the world and growing every day.. not only that it has the biggest competetive scene in such a short time and im sure it will have one of the best competetive scenes in gaming history and will be looked upon.. this is all facts.. I can even link viewers form league vs dota2 and other games if Need be..

    its the bigger game

    no need to bash it and say dota is beter bla bla

    btw how long does beta last?.. beta started before leagues season 2 and your still there as we start our 3rd season

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by methwow View Post
    LoL is bigger.. it will always be bigger and have a bigger crowd.. face it
    This was actually something funny brought up about when LoL released their infographic thing, it estimated X games for the last 3 years (can't remember but I'll dig it up if you want).
    Meanwhile, one of five Chinese DotA clients (likely the biggest) reported 5 times as many games played in 1 year.

    So your size argument is sort of, well, wrong.

  14. #14
    Brewmaster juzalol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,281
    Quote Originally Posted by methwow View Post
    LoL is bigger.. it will always be bigger and have a bigger crowd.. face it
    http://i.imgur.com/yFZei.jpg

    Pretty sure Dota is bigger than LoL. If Dota 2 gets picked up in China it'll kinda explode.

    And on the topic:
    I'd like to see Dota section as well. It's pretty hard to discuss about anything on the megathread. I don't
    really even know where the thread is located, I just randomly post there as it pops up in the recently posted
    on the main page.

  15. #15
    For those wondering.

    The DOTA 2 megathread is located on the Video Games Discussion Forum.

    Here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...athread-DotA-2

  16. #16
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/yFZei.jpg

    Pretty sure Dota is bigger than LoL. If Dota 2 gets picked up in China it'll kinda explode.

    And on the topic:
    I'd like to see Dota section as well. It's pretty hard to discuss about anything on the megathread. I don't
    really even know where the thread is located, I just randomly post there as it pops up in the recently posted
    on the main page.
    bigger isnt just games played

    all sponsers look twoards League..

    IEM?LoL
    IPL?LoL
    MLG?LoL

    get me? theres more too

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by methwow View Post
    bigger isnt just games played

    all sponsers look twoards League..

    IEM?LoL
    IPL?LoL
    MLG?LoL

    get me? theres more too
    Is this the part where I just name DotA sponsors at random?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by methwow View Post
    bigger isnt just games played

    all sponsers look twoards League..

    IEM?LoL
    IPL?LoL
    MLG?LoL

    get me? theres more too
    Correct me if i am wrong, but maybe thats because Dota 2 is still in Beta? I would wait with these kinds of comparison till the game is actually released.

  19. #19
    I don't see how comparing DotA to LoL in size is helpful to a discussion on whether or not DotA should have a subforum. If the argument is that DotA is bigger than LoL and, since LoL has a subforum, deserves a subforum, I will have to stop you right there. Whether or not DotA1+DotA2 have more players than LoL does not matter because we are talking about the MMOC community, not the global community.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I don't see how comparing DotA to LoL in size is helpful to a discussion on whether or not DotA should have a subforum. If the argument is that DotA is bigger than LoL and, since LoL has a subforum, deserves a subforum, I will have to stop you right there. Whether or not DotA1+DotA2 have more players than LoL does not matter because we are talking about the MMOC community, not the global community.
    I'm not even arguing, I'm just correcting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •