10+ Year Old Account

Angry Please tell me that I'm not the only Frosty experiencing this..

Submitted this issue to bug reports: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415794384#1

Howling blast not applying Frost Fever debuff

"Pretty much self explanatory. I'm definitely hitting the targets with HB and I can see the Chillblains debuff on the target, but the Frost Fever debuff isn't always applied (to the primary or secondary targets). Can someone please look into this?

Thanks"

Warriors are experiencing something similar with thunder clap not showing the deep wounds debuff yet it is showing in the combat log.

Cant say I have noticed this, everything is working fine so far.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    The same bugg occured during the launch days of MoP. It got fixed and I haven't noticed it since but something maybe caused it to happen again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just an update - Outbreak is also causing the same issue on lvl 88-90 mobs (and I'm spell hit capped)

I'm having a similar issue except that frost fever doesn't carry over from the first tier blood boil talent. The mobs that get hit by blood boil doesn't get infected with frost fever.

Quote Originally Posted by zealtek View Post
    Just an update - Outbreak is also causing the same issue on lvl 88-90 mobs (and I'm spell hit capped)
    You're not hit capped, neither are you expertise capped.

Stat Priority 5.1
    PvP Frost death knight.

Stats are the core of your character and how you choose to balance those stats will greatly impact the effectiveness of your Frost Death Knight. Use this guide to select the stats that are the most important for your Death Knight and learn how to prioritize those stats to optimize your performance.

Stat Priority.
    2HExpertise (3%+) >= Melee Hit (3%) > PvP Power > Strength > PvP Resilience > Haste > Crit > Mastery

DWExpertise (3%+) >= Melee Hit (3%) > PvP Power > Strength > PvP Resilience > Mastery > Haste > Crit

Stat Summaries
    Melee Hit (3%) The Hit cap of 3% (1020 Rating) will eliminate the chance for any special ability to miss against other players. To check your Hit, open your character panel and then look under the Melee tab for "Hit Chance" and make sure it is at or just above 3% for your weapon(s).

Expertise (3%+) The Expertise soft cap of 3% (1020 Rating) will eliminate your attacks from being dodged or parried by caster specs/classes. To check your Expertise, open your character panel and then look under the Melee tab for "Expertise" and make sure it is at or just above 3% for your weapon(s). Expertise beyond 3% continues to reduces the chance for your attacks to be dodged or parried, but this amount of Expertise comes at the cost of other stats. It is a matter of preference and playstyle to decide how much Expertise you need to prevent parries or dodges from other players.

PvP Power Increases all damage done to players and their pets or minions, and increases healing done in PvP zones.

Strength Increases your Attack Power and the damage dealt by all of your abilities.

PvP Resilience Provides damage reduction against all damage done by players and their pets or minions. You start with a base PvP Resilience of 40%. PvP Resilience is more effective than raw Stamina for mitigating damage received in PvP environments. The choice of how much PvP Resilience to stack entirely depends on how much damage you want to mitigate versus how much damage you would like to deal to your targets. If you find yourself dying too frequently, try adding more PvP Resilience.

Haste Increases the rate of Rune regeneration and your attack speed.

Mastery Mastery: Frozen Heart increases all Frost damage dealt, increasing the damage of Frost Fever, Howling Blast, and Frost Strike.

Crit Increases the chance for your attacks to critically hit for 200% damage.

Reforging Gear 5.1

Reforging allows you to modify the secondary stats on your gear. Use this guide to determine the best strategy for reforging your stats so that you can optimize the performance of your Frost Death Knight.

2HExpertise (3%+) >= Melee Hit (3%) > PvP Power > Strength > PvP Resilience > Haste > Crit > Mastery

DWExpertise (3%+) >= Melee Hit (3%) > PvP Power > Strength > PvP Resilience > Mastery > Haste > Crit

1. Check for 3% Melee Hit and 3% Expertise
    If you are below 3% Melee Hit or 3% Expertise, you should reforge your weakest stats (see priority) into Hit Rating or Expertise. Do this until you are at the caps for both stats.

2. Optimize Secondary Stats
    On any items without Mastery (DW) or Haste (2H), reforge the weakest stat (see priority) into Mastery (DW) or Haste (2H) as available.

Gems & Enchants 5.1

Gems and Enchants allow you to customize your stats and choosing the right gems and enchants is critical to developing an effective Frost Death Knight. Use this guide to view the selected best gems, enchants, and profession perks to use for your Death Knight.

5.1 Gems

Meta --- [Reverberating Primal Diamond]
    Prismatic --- [Stormy River's Heart] [Mystic Sun's Radiance]
    Blue[Stormy --- River's Heart] [Vivid Wild Jade]
    Red --- [Tense Imperial Amethyst] [Resplendent Vermilion Onyx]
    Yellow --- [Effulgent Wild Jade] [Shattered Wild Jade] [Vivid Wild Jade]

5.1 Enchants

Shoulders --- [Greater Tiger Fang Inscription]
    Cloak --- [Enchant Cloak - Accuracy] [Enchant Cloak - Superior Critical Strike]
    Chest --- [Enchant Chest - Super Resilience]
    Bracers --- [Enchant Bracer - Exceptional Strength]
    Gloves --- [Enchant Gloves - Super Strength]
    Belt --- [Living Steel Belt Buckle]
    Legs --- [Angerhide Leg Armor]
    Boots --- [Enchant Boots - Pandaren's Step]
    Main-Hand Weapon --- [Rune of the Fallen Crusader]
    Off-Hand Weapon --- [Living Steel Weapon Chain] [Rune of the Fallen Crusader]
    2H Weapon --- [Rune of the Fallen Crusader]

5.1 Profession Perks
    The recommended profession bonuses for Frost Death Knights are provided by Blacksmithing + Engineering. Blacksmithing provides two additional gem slots that can be used to help balance your stats. Engineering provides a strong on-use Strength boost in addition to other useful items.

Alchemy --- [Mixology]
    Blacksmithing --- [Socket Bracer] [Socket Gloves]
    Enchanting --- [Enchant Ring - Greater Strength]
    Engineering --- [Synapse Springs] [Nitro Boosts]
    Inscription --- [Secret Tiger Fang Inscription]
    Jewelcrafting --- [Bold Serpent's Eye]
    Leatherworking --- [Fur Lining - Strength]
    Tailoring --- [Swordguard Embroidery]

Spec Builds & Glyphs 5.1
    Talents and Glyphs give you the flexibility to tweak your Frost Death Knight for a variety of encounters. Use this guide to view the selected talents and glyphs to include in your build and under which circumstances you might need to change your build to increase your effectiveness.

Spec Build 5.1

tier 1 --- Unholy Blight
    tier 2 --- Lichborn
    tier 3 --- Chillblains
    tier 4 --- Death Pact
    tier 5 --- Blood Tap
    tier 6 --- Desecrated Ground

This is the base PvP build for Frost Death Knights. Unholy Blight, Chilblains, and Desecrated Ground provide great utility, but may be swapped with other talents in the same tier. Lichborne and Death Pact improve your survivability. Blood Tap is the preferred Rune regen mechanic as it provides the most control over your Runes which is essential in PvP.

Major Glyphs 5.1
    Major Glyphs are all highly situational. Your Glyph choices will largely depend on your team and class composition.

[Glyph of Anti-Magic Shell] --- Recommended. Moderate boost to survivability.
    [Glyph of Dark Simulacrum] --- Recommended. Improved utility for Dark Simulacrum.
    [Glyph of Icy Touch] --- Recommended. Applies constant dispel pressure.
    [Glyph of Chains of Ice] --- Optional. Small boost to damage on slowed targets.
    [Glyph of Death and Decay] --- Optional. Provides a moderate AoE slow.
    [Glyph of Death Coil] --- Optional. Small boost to utility and group survivability.
    [Glyph of Death Grip] --- Optional. Useful against ranged classes.
    [Glyph of Enduring Infection] --- Optional. Improved utility against classes that can dispel.
    [Glyph of Icebound Fortitude] --- Optional. Useful against stun-lock classes.
    [Glyph of Mind Freeze] --- Optional. Useful against casters.
    [Glyph of Strangulate] --- Optional. Improved utility against casters.

Minor Glyphs 5.1
    [Glyph of Resilient Grip] --- Required. Prevents Death Grip from being wasted.

I really hope this will help you somewhat. Enjoy your gaming !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullbound View Post
    You're not hit capped, neither are you expertise capped.
    Well I'm just referring to lvl 88-90 mobs. On my character summary it says that I have a 0% miss chance (both melee and spell) for lvl 90 mobs. So I'm not sure :S

Then you are capped for those mobs but maybe not for dungeon or raid mobs and bosses.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by zealtek View Post
    Well I'm just referring to lvl 88-90 mobs. On my character summary it says that I have a 0% miss chance (both melee and spell) for lvl 90 mobs. So I'm not sure :S
    I haven't noticed this, though it was an issue in the past with diseases not applying, maybe it's resurfacing?

On my warlock though I've noticed that when I use fire and brimstone with immolate it's not applying immolate to certain mobs sometimes, maybe it's been fixed by now though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    I haven't noticed this, though it was an issue in the past with diseases not applying, maybe it's resurfacing?

On my warlock though I've noticed that when I use fire and brimstone with immolate it's not applying immolate to certain mobs sometimes, maybe it's been fixed by now though.
    Yeah it's quite strange. I've confirmed that the dot definitely isn't applied because I stop attacking and no further damage is cause. So it's not a matter of the debuff just not appearing.

you are def not the only one. happened to me 2-3 times in our gold CMs 2 days ago.. and it being CMs i didnt have the time to take a screen shot.

Deleted
    Since the fix that went live like few days after release never happened to me again. I'm not slotting CB unless it's pvp but never had issues applying diseases there too. Capped for 90/93.
    You are sure u were capped for 92 npcs in CM ? If you were tanking, it could be the issue. Very few blood tanks are hit/exp capped unless u're in a good progress guild and can afford it.

just an update. did an lfr earlier and my plague strike debuff (blood plague) wasnt showing up. however i also track y diseases using tellmewhen and it was tracking the debuff so it may just be a UI bug for us (annnoying still).