Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Haha hooooooly crap look at the faction rage in this thread! This is like vanilla southshore raid faction hate!

The Alliance are pansys

Now excuse me as I hop on my ally toon to kill some horde, then hop on my horde toon to kill ally. Good to see some pissed off nerds tho, been a while since ive seen anger directed at something besides nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewowguy View Post
    Haha hooooooly crap look at the faction rage in this thread! This is like vanilla southshore raid faction hate!

The Alliance are pansys

Now excuse me as I hop on my ally toon to kill some horde, then hop on my horde toon to kill ally. Good to see some pissed off nerds tho, been a while since ive seen anger directed at something besides nerfs.
    You seem to talk about PVP. We talk about Lore and that obviously makes us nerds?

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Read this, troll, it's not mad, it's responding to this BS notion that Blizzard doesn't take something away from players without a substitute. They take countless things from Alliance and say deal with it. I say take Dalaran from the Horde and Horde can deal with it. Oh noes, Wrath content will take a little longer to do -.-
    That will never happen because it would be a lot of work for Blizzard. Dalaran in Northrend is more then just a flight hub, there are a lot of quests, merchants, trainers, achievements a dungeon and so on that would need to be transported elsewhere for the Horde players to access.
    And on top of this, the alliance players would need a seperate new hub, too since when Dalaran is no longer there they can´t use it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You seem to talk about PVP. We talk about Lore and that obviously makes us nerds?
    Who said im not a nerd?! They are liars and misinformed.

In lore, both factions are inept, worthless, and have no sense of direction. The fans of alliance get all whiney if blizz breaks a barrel in SW with the alliance symbol on it. The horde fans QQ about faction leaders non stop.

Thats why I kill them all, someone has to stop the tears, or azeroth will drown.

10+ Year Old Account
    So where is our Southshore substitute? And Theramore substitute? I mean just the bloody flightpaths alone were useful. Taken away w/o a substitute. Kick the Horde out of Dalaran, they can walk through Northrend and take it up with Hellscream in Warsong Hold imo.
    Blizzard loves Horde to much to allow them to walk through snow for miles. Cannibal Corpse would make a dirge of the misery, as the second coming of the "Trail of Tears", and they'll be demanding hankies for all the weeping. Worse, Thrall will show up to be babysitted again...just watch. -_-
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    @ OP Blizz won't take away dal from horde they'll just be in a different phase

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats why I kill them all, someone has to stop the tears, or azeroth will drown.
    Point blank example why allowing dual factions on one Battle.net account was a poor, poor, poor decision.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Blizzard loves Horde to much to allow them to walk through snow for miles. Cannibal Corpse would make a dirge of the misery, as the second coming of the "Trail of Tears", and they'll be demanding hankies for all the weeping. Worse, Thrall will show up to be babysitted again...just watch. -_-
    And how would you feel if a major city was removed from you? Say Horde raids Dalaran and opts to kick Alliance out, forced to stay at Valiance Keep, way over the other side of the map. Dalaran is smackbang right in the middle of that continent, it makes sense for both factions to have a fair share of said city. However many times you wanna bitch about Horde getting favored, this is nothing on the scale Horde has received in the past it's much higher than that, Theramore was not a major city linked to an entire continent.

It's like taking away Shattrath from Horde when it was relevant, you can't do that to the playerbase because it's unfair on one side when one faction gets an advantage when World PvP breaks out. Dalaran is still very much relevant, it's commonly used for Fishing Competition and raids that most people can't solo yet. Then you have Ulduar for that quest turn in where the nightsky changes, some of us still want to experience that, Alliance fanboys need to calm down, If you want a new Dalaran to yourself, go get one in the ruins of Dalaran, leave Northrend the fuck alone.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2012-12-24 at 04:40 PM.

Deleted
    Can someone enlighten me as to what is happening with Dalaran? I have read bits and pieces but nothing in context.

10+ Year Old Account
    Point blank example why allowing dual factions on one Battle.net account was a poor, poor, poor decision.
    ??? I don't get that.... Elaborate please

There seems to be a lot of this too ^

I dont like it, so it shouldnt be. Why would people want dal in wotlk to be alliance only? Thats more work for blizz, and its hard enough for them to get patches done on time, bosses without bugs, and lord knows we need 150 dailys per patch. Theyd have to move quest givers, do new art, tinker with quests themselves...pointless. past expansions are frozen in time. When you step through the dark portal, you still are not prepared. When you take a boat to northrend, the lich king is waiting for you in icecrown. And because you dont like it, I shouldnt be able to play the game I pay for the way I want. I enjoy hopping from ally to horde all the time, why does it bother you? Because you can play both factions now? I dont see the big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    There seems to be a lot of this too ^

I dont like it, so it shouldnt be. Why would people want dal in wotlk to be alliance only? Thats more work for blizz, and its hard enough for them to get patches done on time, bosses without bugs, and lord knows we need 150 dailys per patch. Theyd have to move quest givers, do new art, tinker with quests themselves...pointless. past expansions are frozen in time. When you step through the dark portal, you still are not prepared. When you take a boat to northrend, the lich king is waiting for you in icecrown. And because you dont like it, I shouldnt be able to play the game I pay for the way I want. I enjoy hopping from ally to horde all the time, why does it bother you? Because you can play both factions now? I dont see the big deal.
    I don't really see a problem here.....
    Dal Northrend is basically old content. it doesn't have to be changed at all.
    Because by any logic demanding a change, that same logic would apply to any old content in the game.
    Which means, strictly at least at the end of an expansion, the content therein would have to despawn. The lich king was long killed.... hundreds of times. yet that sucker is still back, frequently every week.. So is Onyxia, already for many years longer, or Rag in MC..
    I strongly believe that the phasing technique helps greatly with some of the storyline reflecting more and more in the game itself.
    I've played the questline through already, and went through the phased dalaran, just to re-enter the original WotLK one shortly after. I didn't see a problem.
    It's a game, after all...
    story driven progressive content, it would be admirable... But it would cost so much more on production costs, that it's not in the picture.
    Plus we'd lose a great deal of interaction with our toons and others. Cause we'd constantly be in different zones and phases.

As for the dual faction ability. I am super happy with that feature... I can safely say, if that wasn't introduced, I would have long quit the game.
    No way in hell would I have made a second account. I could afford it, but under no circumstances am I willing to throw money out of the window, for essentially the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I don't really see a problem here.....
    Dal Northrend is basically old content. it doesn't have to be changed at all.
    Because by any logic demanding a change, that same logic would apply to any old content in the game.
    Which means, strictly at least at the end of an expansion, the content therein would have to despawn. The lich king was long killed.... hundreds of times. yet that sucker is still back, frequently every week.. So is Onyxia, already for many years longer, or Rag in MC..
    I strongly believe that the phasing technique helps greatly with some of the storyline reflecting more and more in the game itself.
    I've played the questline through already, and went through the phased dalaran, just to re-enter the original WotLK one shortly after. I didn't see a problem.
    It's a game, after all...
    story driven progressive content, it would be admirable... But it would cost so much more on production costs, that it's not in the picture.
    Plus we'd lose a great deal of interaction with our toons and others. Cause we'd constantly be in different zones and phases.

As for the dual faction ability. I am super happy with that feature... I can safely say, if that wasn't introduced, I would have long quit the game.
    No way in hell would I have made a second account. I could afford it, but under no circumstances am I willing to throw money out of the window, for essentially the same thing.
    There is no problem. Your right. If ally fans got what they want, the horde would be defeated, and they'd sit in SW all bored with their flowers and bunnys, until Sarg destroyed azeroth because its fighting force got cut in half. If horde fans got what they wanted, the alliance would be defeated, every god damn building on azeroth would have huge ugly spikes on them, until Sarg came along and destroyed azeroth because its fighting force got cut in half. And if I got what I wanted, every npc and player character (regardless of faction) would show up red to my right click, and azeroth would be destroyed...by me.

I say we all just sit back and see what happens, and keep playing this video game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    And how would you feel if a major city was removed from you? Say Horde raids Dalaran and opts to kick Alliance out, forced to stay at Valiance Keep, way over the other side of the map. Dalaran is smackbang right in the middle of that continent, it makes sense for both factions to have a fair share of said city. However many times you wanna bitch about Horde getting favored, this is nothing on the scale Horde has received in the past it's much higher than that, Theramore was not a major city linked to an entire continent.

It's like taking away Shattrath from Horde when it was relevant, you can't do that to the playerbase because it's unfair on one side when one faction gets an advantage when World PvP breaks out. Dalaran is still very much relevant, it's commonly used for Fishing Competition and raids that most people can't solo yet. Then you have Ulduar for that quest turn in where the nightsky changes, some of us still want to experience that, Alliance fanboys need to calm down, If you want a new Dalaran to yourself, go get one in the ruins of Dalaran, leave Northrend the fuck alone.
    Whether to Horde or Alliance takes over Dalaran and moves it away from Northrend wouldn't really change what Blizzard could change about Northrend when they end up revamping the place.

There's still the Sunreaver and Silver Covenant outposts in Crystalsong Forest. While they're still small outposts now, they can easily turn them into small cities (similar to Shrine of Sevens Stars/Shrine of Two Moons) and add a portal/profession trainers/stuff that was in Dalaran. Heck, they could even change it to be more PvP active. (kinda like how both Shrines in Pandaria seem to be a contested area, so people in PvP servers are still flagged)

Changing those outposts would keep the balance in Northrend, as both are roughly in the middle of the continent.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

No, sorry. Horde on my server are pretty terrible at PvP, I dislike the Horde because of the storyline. And I'm sure I could mop the floor with you, since you brought it up (cause people who bring up stuff like this are terrible at pvp)

Good, get slapped. Your faction needs several but won't ever get them on account of being the apple of Blizzard's eye.

Read this, troll, it's not mad, it's responding to this BS notion that Blizzard doesn't take something away from players without a substitute. They take countless things from Alliance and say deal with it. I say take Dalaran from the Horde and Horde can deal with it. Oh noes, Wrath content will take a little longer to do -.-

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 03:43 PM ----------

No there wasn't.
    You do realize your 'bias' is showing pretty clearly. Anyone who really thinks that Blizzard favors one faction over the other is just too myopic to see the game operates on a fulcrum. Part of the story and game 'bend' to one faction or the other depending on what Blizzard is building. There have been blue posts to this fact. There are just simply elements of the game that favor one or the other. For example, in AV... alliance has a strategic advantage, in AB... horde does. Horde has more offensive racials, where alliance has more defensive and 'gameplay' racials. Open your eyes and play the game instead of blaming a blizzard bias. Nothing in this game 'entitles' you or anyone to any specific 'fairness'. I recall a sign on my 5th grade teachers chalkboard... "Life isn't fair, so don't be suprised when it's not". Get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    dalaran aint goin no where, it will exist both then and now, it will stay the city is is from the 70 to 80 experience but at 90 it will probably become a hub of somesort for ally everyone knows that the time doesnt make sense going switching between past and the present all the time