10+ Year Old Account

Odd topic for mmo champ..I just resubbed

So ye as the topic above states i just resubbed but not only me but my brother and girlfriend as well .
    Now considering i left only due to the reason my friends stopped playing and i kept subbed till about october i do believe . So on reloading the game i tried the f2p stuff and omg it was awful so i could try get the cash together and buy the stuff off the market or i could resub.So i decided to play it a bit see if they improved anything ,,,,25 minutes later i was on belsavis doing me dailies getting owned ohhhh it was fun .they have improved the graphics and memory leak issue somewhat i still get it but not sure if thats my GPU or the game still spazzing but its grand,The cartel market is a great idea i,ve stuck stuff i got off it on the market made some serious credits i find not charging a stupid amount for items means they sell nicely.

It still has that odd bug where if i stun a person it doesnt register it (see BH and Juggers pommel strike and shoulder slam abilities).but over all i,m enjoying it I did come to the site to see but its just the usual i hate any game that isnt totally perfect for the mood i,m in at that exact time .

At present doing the inquisitor storyline with my GF her as a sorceror and me as me assassin and the only complaint i,m having is we cant share class quest progress (or if we can i cant figure out how too )but that jsut means we do it twice but on the whole i,m enjoying it tremendously .The main reason i disliked the F2P model is i have 3 level 50s all with max crew skills and it felt wrong having to choose only 2 of them or only 2 crew skills so i resubbed hey tis 12 quid a month and wtf else am i going to do .Now to figure out how to unlock HK-51

So with a slight change of tone on the forums i,d like to know has anyone else rejoined swtor and if so whats are you thinking of it so far did you resub or jsut stay as f2p just want to get a decent convo going about it as it might make a nice change to see people enjoying something .Or if you unsubbed and stopped playing then why .

The only thing i do ask is keep it civil please and just chat and discuss and you never know you may actually enjoy it .
    Faith Manages

Quote Originally Posted by Lezarin View Post
    At present doing the inquisitor storyline with my GF her as a sorceror and me as me assassin and the only complaint i,m having is we cant share class quest progress (or if we can i cant figure out how too )but that jsut means we do it twice but on the whole i,m enjoying it tremendously .The main reason i disliked the F2P model is i have 3 level 50s all with max crew skills and it felt wrong having to choose only 2 of them or only 2 crew skills so i resubbed hey tis 12 quid a month and wtf else am i going to do .Now to figure out how to unlock HK-51
    If you played until October, you would have been a preferred subscriber. As a preferred subscriber, you would have gotten 6 character slots. Also, you could have used your CC points to buy your extra crew skills slot. That's if you wanted to stay F2P.

OT : Not going to sub again. Probably won't really ever play again.

Deleted
    i rejoined to see if they fixed the raids to a standard i would enjoy (hardcore raider since eq days).

it just....i dont know....doesnt feel right. the raids are cosmetically good but theres still many bugs and other factors which dont make it feel as competitive as wow does. i know its not really swtor fault but theres no real server competition/eu/world competition...which for me (again just my opinion) ruins the whole fun of raiding.

the fights themselves are just to easy (not saying wow raids are the best)....theres no real jump at nightmare mode....most of the fights are hard due to the bugs, not the mechs of the fight.

also a problem is have is that the first character your level is so good and you do get grossed into your character.....this however for me makes leveling an alt horrible.....as i just dont care as much as i do about my mains story.

again these are all just my opinions and why i unsubbed and deleted the game.

TLR - the raids have no sense of server/eu/world race like wow does....the bugs still ruin certain fights that have potential....after leveling your first char, leveling an alt doesnt have any enjoyment

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i leveled a bounty hunter powertech and was jsut on the verge of giving up at around hoth when blizz appear(no its not a divine intervention its a crew member lol)brightened up my entire game .i,ve also got a level 50 juggernaut and sniper .

I do agree that the raids are a bit lacklustre for challange wise but Did normal eternity vault and nightmare mode within the space fo about a week or 2 and only difference was more health and it was pretty much countered easily.I will say this its a mroe laid backk style than wow aka if a dps pulls aggro etc its not going to get instantly one shotted (pve) ,but as your a hardcore die hard raider this wouldnt appeal to you where to me i look for social interaction if i want hardcore i play wow and still do raid on wow .

As it stands i find swtor a nice distraction i can play it with my friends no pressure no hassle and after 7 years of nonstop wow playtime a much more enjoyable experiance(mostly because alot of the wow drama causers cant find me lol).

Now in saying that will restart raiding on wow in the new year after the hols so ye it,ll eat my game time but at present its proving to be a very nice distraction for me.And i am a prefered customer now but when it first went f2p it was only 2 toons so i resubbed out of annoyance lol .2 hours later it was patched to reflect this still i got all me shineys.
    Faith Manages

I resubbed a while back after a long hiatus. The real trick is finding people you want to play with. My buddies and I roll wz pvp 90% of the time, with the rest filled by random ops and world pvp. Keeps us entertained. I play the exchange and do some dailies in between wz ques. Seems to work well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye it seems to be the same with me its not hardcore enough to make me give up wow .but its definatly better overall too enjoy myself in and it does really depend on who your playing the game with too .
    Faith Manages

I have recently resubbed. Mainly because of PvP. I always liked the PvP in this game over WoW but overall it wasn't enough to keep me subbed.

WoW's PvP is so abysmal currently. Too many instant AoE stuns/Fears/Silences, etc. It is just disgusting at the moment which is why I loaded SWTOR back up and now I am having a very enjoyable time doing WZs.

How will it last who can say. Will I go back to WoW if PvP gets better who can say. Right now all I can say I do not regret resubbing.

Worst thing WoW ever did was introduce arenas without balancing 1v1. No way I could go back to WoW pvp. I might go back for raids, but I'd never pvp in WoW anymore.

Somewhat flipped for SWTOR. PvP with 8v8s team play is very balanced and fun. Some issued with certain maps/classes but for the most part solid. PvE may as well be WoW they're so similar.

Quote Originally Posted by akrusLJ View Post
    i rejoined to see if they fixed the raids to a standard i would enjoy (hardcore raider since eq days).

it just....i dont know....doesnt feel right. the raids are cosmetically good but theres still many bugs and other factors which dont make it feel as competitive as wow does. i know its not really swtor fault but theres no real server competition/eu/world competition...which for me (again just my opinion) ruins the whole fun of raiding.

the fights themselves are just to easy (not saying wow raids are the best)....theres no real jump at nightmare mode....most of the fights are hard due to the bugs, not the mechs of the fight.

also a problem is have is that the first character your level is so good and you do get grossed into your character.....this however for me makes leveling an alt horrible.....as i just dont care as much as i do about my mains story.

again these are all just my opinions and why i unsubbed and deleted the game.

TLR - the raids have no sense of server/eu/world race like wow does....the bugs still ruin certain fights that have potential....after leveling your first char, leveling an alt doesnt have any enjoyment
    What bugs have you been experiencing? (as I'm raiding since day 1 in TOR all raidzones available at each time and have some kind of overview what bugs can happen where. There have been minor bugs with Asation Endboss not spawning the lightning orbs and other stuff but overall.. it is bug free)

If you talk about competition, there are competitions going on which you either don't know about because you are not part of it or neglect because the community of SWTOR is smaller than WoW's.

There is a significant jump from normal to hc to nightmare with Asation/ Denova. EV and KP were merely starting operations and are not a standart for SWTOR raids nor raid scripts, however I found them still more entertaining than some bosses back in EQ2 which required your tank to run in a circle the entire fight backwards for example.

I don't understand how leveling an alt does not hold any enjoyment as I'm not really into playing alts myself but am leveling now my 8th character up to lvl 50 practically only for the reason that I don't have to run through all the PvE stuff and can get to max lvl in several ways and also much faster (unlocks/ xp potions)

Actually you can share / watch the same class storylines. In the preferences section it lists something you have to check to join other peoples or allow someone else to join your storyline or something, dont remember exactly.