Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a quick question. I was thinking about doing this grind using the pandaren/mogu relics traded for tol'vir relics. Will I actually be able to get the mount solve doing this or are you forced to endlessly wonder Kalimdor solving everything till a tol'vir site pops up?

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I have a quick question. I was thinking about doing this grind using the pandaren/mogu relics traded for tol'vir relics. Will I actually be able to get the mount solve doing this or are you forced to endlessly wonder Kalimdor solving everything till a tol'vir site pops up?
    Did you read any of this thread? Why would you think that crated pandaren/mogu relics won't give you the tol'vir mount eventually?
    Some people...

10+ Year Old Account
    I got mine around the 5 tol'vir solve, i was like holy crap i was just trying to get the patterns for the sandstone drake.

Deleted
    just today i finally got the pet, at 124 solves, the mount came at 90 ish solves.
    As someone has pointed out before, go dig mantid sites with the item that makes mantid sites spawn only.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just passively do it now through trading the solved artifacts for Tol'vir fragments while doing Arch in Pandaria when I get bored.

Still nothing, of course, but it's a lot better than doing it legit in Kalimdor.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2013-04-24 at 03:43 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

This was posted in another thread but there's a bug with the Mantid Sonic Locator which causes it to give you 4 extra digsites on the non-pandaria continents and shuffles them every time you log in/out or zone somewhere. Makes farming Tol'vir sites really easy now.

Quote Originally Posted by GrifCannon View Post
    This was posted in another thread but there's a bug with the Mantid Sonic Locator which causes it to give you 4 extra digsites on the non-pandaria continents and shuffles them every time you log in/out or zone somewhere. Makes farming Tol'vir sites really easy now.
    Yea, this currently works wonders, I went from 124 solves 5 days ago to 261 solves currently. No bloody mount yet, but at least its so much faster.

It seems like they fixed this on 5.4 ptr. so, try to do it before it goes live if you're still using this method.

Deleted
    Got my mount last week, had all the other tolvir rares+mount recipe for quite many solves. (202 mounts on paladin)

Deleted
    I did around 150 Tol'Vir (3 rares, staff/scarab/ring) solves before I started grinding Seeker of Knowledge title. After I was done, I turned in 680 boxes. Got mount, sword, pet and recipe for Sandstone Drake with 120 boxes left to go. Turned em all to troll, but alas, no sword =(

i got extremely lucky and i got it after like 15 discoveries. I still don't have the pet though, but it's way fastre to just farm pandaria and exchange the artifacts for tol'vir fragments.

Maybe not great conversion, but at least you get exactly what you need.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by ternglim View Post
    It seems like they fixed this on 5.4 ptr. so, try to do it before it goes live if you're still using this method.
    oh god... no.....

Still grinding this, 350 solves, no mount yet. Literally going to die....

Pretty sure I ended getting it a little after 300 Tol'vir solves. This was also before MoP and some of the archeology nerfs.

Never again.

It took me well over eight hours solely solving tol'vir sites with that glitch. I can't even begin to imagine how long it would take doing it normally, flying around kalimdor wasting time on night elf sites. It boggles the mind. Like, 100+ hours /played.

Approaching 400 solves. I've now started carrying around my ring and necklace in the hopes it might do.... something....

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 11:26 PM ----------

Hit 405 solves, and guess what. Still no bloody mount. I don't understand, why is it not proccing I mean jesus...

If anyone is wondering, 461 solves. Still no mount. I'm starting to wonder If I will see this before 1000 solves or not.

The mount took me 363 solves. Now the pet...the pet took me 590...

Quote Originally Posted by Eiiga View Post
    The mount took me 363 solves. Now the pet...the pet took me 590...
    I got the amulet, ring and pet within 121 solves. After that. Sweet fuck all up until now. I've grinded the shit out of this. Literally only logged on, and dug all night, logged off, repeat the next day(aside from raiding nights).

I'm really praying for this to proc very very soon... spent about 15k buying a stack of tolvir fragments off the AH just to try and speed it up.

Deleted
    mount within 50 solves, gg

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    mount within 50 solves, gg
    I had a friend that got it as his first solve back in cata when it was released.... Needless to say we are no longer friends...