Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the script you guys are running? The one I had doesnt work anymore.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Deleted
    I did get my mount in 13 tries back in cata so I have never had to "grind" it that much. But trading in grey artifacts from mop is the fastet way I would imagine.

im currently farming pandaria archaeology sights for the achievements, close to all collectors now, i buy tolvir crates for all turns ins + all motes. About 300~ something solves, no scepter yet.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 04:45 AM ----------

Also, if it wasnt for the collectors achievements in mop i wouldnt go there, Kalimdor is faster.

15+ Year Old Account
    got it on my 7th solve
    When I tell em that, people hate me
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    got it on my 7th solve
    When I tell em that, people hate me
    Yep, I hate you.

I took a break from farming. Still sitting at around 560 solves. I'm going to pick it up again, and pray I get it soon.

[12:50:20] Tol'vir: 12 (rare: 5 solved: 666)
    a very fitting number for this long and boring grind (done in cata)

So, was actually at 540 solves.

logged on tonight to pick up the farm. 545th solve. Mount. Thank you lord jesus christ....

If you're still going, keep pushing through. It'll happen eventually.

Deleted
    It was my 3rd tol'vir item.
    First was some gray item, second was that scarab army thing and third the mount.

Anzu on the other hand........

Less than 10, more than 5.

I recall my IRL friend bragging how easy it was for him to do Arch since he was a Mage, was gratifying getting the mount so soon and him having to agonize through 50+ solves to get it.

Deleted
    I did ALL THE ARCHEOLOGY achievs. (20 x [insert random artifact])
    Still only had the mount and 1 crappy item....and those were back in cata. I used ALL my boxes to get tol'vir fragments....still no pet. I WANT THIS PET !!!

Deleted
    Blargh just hit 400 tol'vir solves on my rogue, add to that another 200 I have on other chars and all that equals to one very, very unhappy troll without a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Devboy View Post
    So, was actually at 540 solves.

logged on tonight to pick up the farm. 545th solve. Mount. Thank you lord jesus christ....

If you're still going, keep pushing through. It'll happen eventually.
    Just hit 200 solves... got the Seeker title in the process and am praying I don't get to 545 to get that mount. Good news is I have 5 rares so far for Tol'vir.

Is it still possible to do the Mantid Relocator bug with Tol'vir digsites? If so, then I might actually bother getting this mount (@ 150~ solves)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Nope; it was fixed in 5.4 I believe

10+ Year Old Account
    Tolvir solves: 22

In those 22 solves I got 3 of the other rares as well.

Last edited by Shamburger; 2014-07-19 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Kromtar View Post
    If you complete a pandaria common artifact you can cash it in for the equivalent of 1 survey of tol'vir fragments, not a great exchange rate but better then just vendoring a grey item.
    I got seeker of knowledge on my main - put about 98% of my item exchanges exclusively towards Tol'vir fragments to get that last scepter.

Absolutely no sign of the scepter after all those crates. =/

EDIT: Oh, wait - I was reffering ot some staff. Is this the bug mount? Yeah, think that was my second rare solve in Tol'Vir :P

I'm very much behind the theory of that after a certain number of rare solves, the final ones after multiple ones are disgustingly hard RNG to get. Some people have it for the claw, others the mount, me it's the staff.

Same thing with me with Trolls and getting Zin'rok to appear. People speculate that it's just easier to roll an alt and re-do tol'vir/troll archaeology rather than just focus on your main's RNG luck.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2014-07-21 at 04:29 AM.

Deleted
    Mine was like 80 solves :> It killed me :<

[/QUOTE]Same thing with me with Trolls and getting Zin'rok to appear. People speculate that it's just easier to roll an alt and re-do tol'vir/troll archaeology rather than just focus on your main's RNG luck.[/QUOTE]

Really? I was thinking since I had 5/6 rares on my main I should just keep grinding on that character.... anyone else have thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by testostauren View Post

Really? I was thinking since I had 5/6 rares on my main I should just keep grinding on that character.... anyone else have thoughts on this?
    What do you mean, "since I had 5/6 rares...?" Your prior solves have nothing to do with your future ones (AFAIK). Isn't it totally random?

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    What do you mean, "since I had 5/6 rares...?" Your prior solves have nothing to do with your future ones (AFAIK). Isn't it totally random?
    Well, you cannot get a rare solve twice from my understanding on the same character. There are 6 tol'vir rares and I have 5 done (minus the mount of course) on the toon I am farming. My question then is should I switch to an alt with less Tol'vir rares or keep going since my next rare is guaranteed to be the mount? Does the fact that I have 5/6 rares for Tol'vir mean the last is a 1/1000000 chance or something?

Update- 323rd solve was the 6th Tol'vir rare, the mount for me.
    Last edited by testostauren; 2014-07-28 at 08:39 PM.