Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Make a paste out of fresh ground cinnamon (powder is fine too), honey (optional if you don't have it) and water. Make sure it is actually pasty not watery. Apply a layer of it to the painful gums. Repeat as necessary. It works as a mild analgesic (helped me get through my Wisdom teeth pushing through, I still have them to this day)

Cinnamon has been known to help relieve toothache pain. Simply make a paste using five teaspoons of honey mixed with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Apply a small amount of this paste directly onto the aching tooth 2 or 3 times daily until the pain is relieved. You can store any extra paste in a small container at room temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I do as well. I took Vicodin and Narco before. Narco a very high dose painkiller addictive but not to the point where your breaking into cars to get more. The baddest reaction I suffered when I hurt my ankle is a few days of light withdrawals after being placed on it. Yet all painkillers and most meds have addictive methods. Even some over the counter stuff is addictive.

Least he will not be in agony. It sounds like his mouth is inflamed. I heard rinsing your mouth with salt water. Actually putting it in your cup and twirling it around in your mouth also helps.
    i know only too well i used to CWE my pain meds to extract the lethal APAP

i cant begin to tell you how addicting they can be if you know how to abuse them

iam glad im clean

I'll try the saltwater suggestion first, then expand my options.
    “It is either easy or impossible.” - Salvador Dali

WoW characters:
    Greed [Priest] -
    Jax [Paladin] -
    Vega [Rogue]

Quote Originally Posted by Flowermuffin View Post
    Suck on some whole cloves on the side of the mouth where it hurts, it will numb some of the pain.
    I had a cavity and had to last till Monday once and tried that. Never again! Cloves made it so much worse. I guess it's just not for everyone. I tried nearly everything but the only thing that did help was a mouthful of cold water. When it warmed up, I took another sip and in about an hour, the pain stopped completely. Of course lying down brought it back again but that's another story.

I am getting kinda scared for this kid because of some of the absurd advice in here. Good luck bro!

Have you tried one of those pain dulling tooth pastes? They don't solve anything but it might make it easier to eat and drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeyecycle View Post
    I am getting kinda scared for this kid because of some of the absurd advice in here. Good luck bro!
    I'm taking your advice LOL.
    “It is either easy or impossible.” - Salvador Dali

WoW characters:
    Greed [Priest] -
    Jax [Paladin] -
    Vega [Rogue]

<Snip>
    The reason salt works is because it acts like an antiseptic and there is no reason whatsoever to buy sea salt over typical table salt.
    Get a couple of teaspoons of salt into a glass of warmish water and move it around your mouth.

I must repeat this does not have to be sea salt at all, you are just wasting your money.

Maximum daily dose of ibuprofen. Not only will it help with the pain itself, but it will help reduce swelling which is one of the most common contributors to pain when teeth are involved.
    “…the whole trouble lies here. In words, words. Each one of us has within him a whole world of things, each man of us his own special world. And how can we ever come to an understanding if I put in the words I utter the sense and value of things as I see them; while you who listen to me must inevitably translate them according to the conception of things each one of you has within himself. We think we understand each other, but we never really do.”
    XKCD is always relevant. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    The reason salt works is because it acts like an antiseptic and there is no reason whatsoever to buy sea salt over typical table salt.
    Get a couple of teaspoons of salt into a glass of warmish water and move it around your mouth.

I must repeat this does not have to be sea salt at all, you are just wasting your money.
    You couldn't be more wrong, I just simply don't have the time to debate with you. I'll leave you with this, table salt is PREPARED for your table. If you truly believe that it isn't, they have already won.

Good day sir

You couldn't be more wrong, I just simply don't have the time to debate with you. I'll leave you with this, table salt is PREPARED for your table. If you truly believe that it isn't, they have already won.

Good day sir
    They have already won? Who is this 'they' you are talking about?

Table salt and sea salt are both primarily sodium chloride, if you are so insistent in not losing to whoever these people are maybe you should think against spending $10 on a product that is basically identical to the one that you dismiss.

If you're an adult, don't just rip out your molar as some suggested. Often enough, even when the dentist pulls it out it will require stitches. I don't know how to fix the pain other then possible painkillers or acetaminophen.

Here are a few things you can try:
    -Ibuprofen to reduce swelling
    -Aspirin for the pain
    -Orajel or Anbesol will help locally but they don't last for long.

It's still going to suck til you get to the dentist but these will help make it a bit more bearable.
    l SIGNATURES: CLOSED l WALLPAERS: CLOSED l

l DEVIANT ART l READ 1st POST l MY TUTORIAL l TUMBLR l

Epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullblod View Post
    2. Visit a dentist and get antibiotics which the dentist will "inject" inside the tooth in question, and let you bite on a cotton ball soaked in antibiotics for a couple of hours at home. This is the recommended treatment.
    Antibiotics?.... What would those even do???? Unless he has some crazy infection they would do nothing (especially short term wise) to ease the pain.

I think you have had enough suggestions so far.

Closing before someone else says to you to rip off your teeth.