Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    If you actually took the time to read any number of posts in this thread you would have known people have been posting this every single thread. Quite a number of people have "linked" it to Raiden.

Is this really what forum posts gone down to? Repeat shit?
    R POOR YOU sad face lol. I'm going with the whole Mortal Kombat ref not just Raiden b4 jump in and dish out the big boy words and not all us have time to sit and read 100's if not 1000's posts and after going thru a fair amount posts (im not 100% sure cos im not a sad nut like ya self to read every single one) but not seen one that links mortal Kombat ref as there is a bloodly lot of them and not just Raiden.
    Last edited by mmocce63cb85ae; 2012-12-26 at 07:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    Overall, the Titans created everything in Azeroth... But some things were not planned, like humans and dwarves.
    No they didn't...they found a planet they called Azeroth with already primitive lifeforms on it, and also inhabitated by the Old Gods, whom they imprisoned and banished to help the primitive mortal races to develop...for that purpose they created their own servant races like the Earthen or Tol'Vir, or empowered the races already being there, like the dragons and giving them the Aspects' powers.

As to why they chose Azeroth for their experiments (or maybe they did those on other planets, too, we just don't know about it) and didn't just erase it all together with the Old Gods, remains a mystery.

From Wowpedia:

Along the journey of the Titans they happened upon a small world that its inhabitants would later name Azeroth. As the Titans made their way across the primordial landscape, they encountered a number of hostile elemental beings. These elementals, who worshipped a race of unfathomably evil beings known only as the Old Gods, vowed to drive the Titans back and keep their world inviolate from the invaders' metallic touch. The Pantheon, disturbed by the Old Gods' penchant for evil, waged war upon the elementals and their dark masters. Though the elementals were powerful beyond mortal comprehension, their combined forces could not stop the mighty Titans. One by one, the elemental lords fell, and their forces dispersed.[10] However it was discovered that the Old Gods had managed to "infect" the planet so early in its development that they were irreversibly linked with it. Since they could not destroy the Old Gods, the Titans decided to chain the evil gods far beneath the surface of the world.[11] Without the Old Gods' power to keep their raging spirits bound to the physical world, the elementals were banished to an abyssal plane, where they would contend with one another for all eternity. With the elementals' departure, nature calmed, and the world settled into a peaceful harmony. The Titans saw that the threat was contained and set to work.

Golganneth

http://www.wowwiki.com/Golganneth

Aman'thul

http://www.wowwiki.com/Aman%27Thul

id guess golganneth, since seeing the leader of the titans as our first titan would be kinda dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the similarity in name, I will bet on what others suggested too, a fifth celestial. Although it is strange that there is only always mention of the four celestials with statues etc, so it might be wrong for that reason.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by Malakh View Post
    Along the journey of the Titans they happened upon a small world that its inhabitants would later name Azeroth. As the Titans made their way across the primordial landscape, they encountered a number of hostile elemental beings. These elementals, who worshipped a race of unfathomably evil beings known only as the Old Gods, vowed to drive the Titans back and keep their world inviolate from the invaders' metallic touch. The Pantheon, disturbed by the Old Gods' penchant for evil, waged war upon the elementals and their dark masters. Though the elementals were powerful beyond mortal comprehension, their combined forces could not stop the mighty Titans. One by one, the elemental lords fell, and their forces dispersed.[10] However it was discovered that the Old Gods had managed to "infect" the planet so early in its development that they were irreversibly linked with it. Since they could not destroy the Old Gods, the Titans decided to chain the evil gods far beneath the surface of the world.[11] Without the Old Gods' power to keep their raging spirits bound to the physical world, the elementals were banished to an abyssal plane, where they would contend with one another for all eternity. With the elementals' departure, nature calmed, and the world settled into a peaceful harmony. The Titans saw that the threat was contained and set to work.
    Ah indeed, I had forgotten about this book. I have to do "Well Read" again sometime lol

But what I find interesting is how Blizzard contradicts themselves. This book says there were five Old Gods in Azeroth. There were other sources indicating 3 or 7. And recently, there were interviews by the devs saying the Titans killed "a lot" of Old Gods. Granted they didn't specify where these Old Gods died, I assume only Y'shaarj was killed here.

I want to see how this will unfold... But we can say for certain Azeroth was not the only place the Titans found the Old Gods. And I don't think they will stop at five Old Gods at all.

If you look at the murals of the thunder king that seem to be scattered about, you see the thunder king standing at the top and a gigantic black dragon/serpent on the bottom. Perhaps Ra-Den is some type of lightning dragon/serpent or a big black serpent that looks like a thunder cloud.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    If you look at the murals of the thunder king that seem to be scattered about, you see the thunder king standing at the top and a gigantic black dragon/serpent on the bottom. Perhaps Ra-Den is some type of lightning dragon/serpent or a big black serpent that looks like a thunder cloud.
    That serpent is one of the first bosses of the raid.

Ra-Den is likely a Titan Keeper, probably the Pandaria equivalent of Thorum. If you read the story of Lei Shen, it was said that he found an ancient titan relic beneath a mountain, that gave him the power he needed to defeat his rivals and rise to rule. The machine inside the Mogu'shan Vaults known as the Will of the Emperor was developed through the Titan's creation technology, similar to the Forge of Wills.

While the Mogu are smart and cunning, it is not likely they figured out how to reverse-engineering Titan tech without some type of help. Ra-Den was found and awakened, his power stolen using the spirit manipulation abilities of the Mogu, and his power over thunder and lightening given to Lei Shen, all the while they beat out of him information on how to create Titan technology. Lei Shen was killed before being able to utilize all his new tech, and Ra-Den was forgotten in his prison with the fall of the Mogu Empire.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Ra-Den
    Raden
    Raiden
    Raidin
    Raiding

The last boss is the physical manifestation of raiding that's consumed so many hours of our lives.
    The hammer of truth strikes hard upon the gong of reality. Ra-den is clearly a raid boss that's paying a visit from the Mortal Kombat universe, I mean duh, what else could he be.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    I bet that Chris Metzen will be his voiceactor.
    ... of course, Metzen's nickname is "Thundergod"

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else think it's awesome that the dungeon guide didn't have any info? I think it would be very cool for the mechanics to be figured out organically (obviously it will turn into Guild A kills it and posts vid that everyone copies), but having to figure it out on your own initially is pretty interesting to me (if indeed, it is that way, and they aren't just releasing the journal later on)

10+ Year Old Account
    Appearance wise:

Ra-den is to Al'Akir what Firelands Ragnaros is to original MC Rags.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Ra-Den is likely a Titan Keeper, probably the Pandaria equivalent of Thorum. If you read the story of Lei Shen, it was said that he found an ancient titan relic beneath a mountain, that gave him the power he needed to defeat his rivals and rise to rule. The machine inside the Mogu'shan Vaults known as the Will of the Emperor was developed through the Titan's creation technology, similar to the Forge of Wills.

While the Mogu are smart and cunning, it is not likely they figured out how to reverse-engineering Titan tech without some type of help. Ra-Den was found and awakened, his power stolen using the spirit manipulation abilities of the Mogu, and his power over thunder and lightening given to Lei Shen, all the while they beat out of him information on how to create Titan technology. Lei Shen was killed before being able to utilize all his new tech, and Ra-Den was forgotten in his prison with the fall of the Mogu Empire.
    Exactly what i think.

The power that Ra-Den contains could be huge. Tempting to both Garrosh and the Legion.

the missing god from zul'drak

the one whos shrine is just a crater

Quote Originally Posted by Newaccountforthiscontest View Post
    the missing god from zul'drak

the one whos shrine is just a crater
    Mam'toth?

He blew himself up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like others have speculated I believe Ra-den is another titan watcher in the same mode as Thorim or Hodir. A power ancient, a storm watcher like Thorim perhaps but whose charge was over the southern lands as Thorim watched over the icy north.

My belief is that Ra-den will hostile having been disconnected from the world for millennium and believe we, the adventurers, are some perversion of the titan's earthen cursed by the old-gods or mistake us for lackeys of Lei Shen, the Thunder King, who I suspect had the ancient subjugated and drew its power thus becoming the mogu known as the 'Thunder King'.

It would not surprise me in a twist if Ra-den is a pandaren. Maybe the first Pandaren shaman or monk, Lei Shen imprisoned him to steal his power then enslaved his race, the Pandaren, so none would or could ever rise to emulate him. An incredibly wise and immortal monk perhaps.

Just my wild speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    I have a feeling that he's an electric turtle Celestial, that the Thunder King has imprisoned as is siphoning for power.

This could very well be his model: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...els_2_01_1.jpg

Where I got this from?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Sy...nstellation%29 - The four mythological creatures that the August Celestials were based off (source: http://www.wowpedia.org/August_Celestial .. under Trivia). The crane, the serpent and the tiger are all there. However, Niuzao (the ox) replaced the traditional tortoise from Chinese mythology. Perhaps.. this could be the missing one, and in WoW, there are 5?

Just an idea..
    I'd be more inclined to say Ra'den is going to be a bird like creature. Could be a reference to Rodan from the Godzilla franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    At about 4:53 in the raid area preview, there are 4 very strange looking faces in a room, which appears to be where we fight Ra-den.

Possibly Old God related?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    At about 4:53 in the raid area preview, there are 4 very strange looking faces in a room, which appears to be where we fight Ra-den.

Possibly Old God related?
    Those are most definitely Mogu faces.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hope we get a data mined model soon