Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Pandaren kids drinking alcohol?

Okay, how old is Li Li Stormstout anyway?
    I read through Pearl of Pandaria and Quest for Pandaria, she was drinking beer.
    Is that something normal for underage pandaren?
    I mean I could see it since beer is somewhere more healthier than dairy products and even through Wandering Isles we didn't see any indication that Pandaren were too keen on makin them even tho they have yaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    I mean I could see it since beer is somewhere more healthier than dairy products.
    when you are questing through the valley, she tries to hide it from you, so I guess it's not normal.

but that doesn't stop her, she's brewmaster specced

(she does use the ox stance, so I assume she's BM lol)
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    why shouldn't she? or any other pandaren cub.

-it could be a non alcoholic beer or something like malt beer.
    -it could be similar to the middle ages and earlier where beer (with rather small amounts of alcohol) was drunk instead of water because it was cleaner.
    -it could be that pandaren physique is just different regarding alcohol (or pretty much every pandaren would be an alcoholic according to human standards).
    -or pandaren just don't care.

beer is awesome! and li li too.

edit: and underage is a rather broad term. drinking age for beer is 14 in germany. she doesn't seem to bee so far away from that age.
    Last edited by Sharde; 2012-12-17 at 12:30 AM.

It's a video game who cares

Kids back in the middle ages drank beer all the time

In fact it was more or less suicide if you didnt cause of how polluted the water was

Because of the way beer is made it kills off the bacteria plus it was seen to have other health benefits back then so i see no problem with kids drinking ale

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are many places in the world where there is nothing wrong with children drinking alcohol.
    One shouldn't impose norms from one country or culture to another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharde View Post
    edit: and underage is a rather broad term. drinking age for beer is 14 in germany. she doesn't seem to bee so far away from that age.
    I thought it was 16, you sure bout that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharde View Post
    Micky Neilson said she's a tween, so she's probably 10-12 yo in human age (we have no idea how long or fast the pandaren maturing cycle is).
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I mean I could see it since beer is somewhere more healthier than dairy products and even through Wandering Isles we didn't see any indication that Pandaren were too keen on makin them even tho they have yaks.
    "In Ontario, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Northwest Territories, Yukon, and Nunavut, the legal drinking age is 19. Underage drinking under parental supervision is permitted, with some restrictions, on one's own property in the provinces of New Brunswick[14] and Ontario[15] and at home in the provinces of Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan.[1] In British Columbia, only children of the supervising parents, not any other minors such as guests, are allowed underage drinking. "

"Contrary to popular belief, since the act went into law, only a few states prohibit minors and young adults from consuming alcohol in private settings. As of January 1, 2010, 15 states and the District of Columbia ban underage consumption outright, 17 states do not ban underage consumption, and the remaining 18 states have family member and/or location exceptions to their underage consumption laws."

As you can see even here in the US a good number of the states allow for minor consumption of alcohol under the supervision of a parent or guardian.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 05:05 PM ----------

Also as you stated that it is in fact healthy to drink beer. Something dark though, like a RIS. Heck if I ever have children I'll be sure to give them a small glass of very fine red wine with their meals.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyderpp View Post
    "In Ontario, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Northwest Territories, Yukon, and Nunavut, the legal drinking age is 19. Underage drinking under parental supervision is permitted, with some restrictions, on one's own property in the provinces of New Brunswick[14] and Ontario[15] and at home in the provinces of Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan.[1] In British Columbia, only children of the supervising parents, not any other minors such as guests, are allowed underage drinking. "

"Contrary to popular belief, since the act went into law, only a few states prohibit minors and young adults from consuming alcohol in private settings. As of January 1, 2010, 15 states and the District of Columbia ban underage consumption outright, 17 states do not ban underage consumption, and the remaining 18 states have family member and/or location exceptions to their underage consumption laws."

As you can see even here in the US a good number of the states allow for minor consumption of alcohol under the supervision of a parent or guardian.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 05:05 PM ----------

Also as you stated that it is in fact healthy to drink beer. Something dark though, like a RIS. Heck if I ever have children I'll be sure to give them a small glass of very fine red wine with their meals.
    It's a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    Micky Neilson said she's a tween, so she's probably 10-12 yo in human age (we have no idea how long or fast the pandaren maturing cycle is).
    Blue claimed pandaren have roughly the same life cycle as a human.

While this is a fictional Chinese setting, the game is mainly made by Americans, so that culture is going to influence the setting in the game.

My fiancee used to drink wine with her parents at dinner when she was as young as 16. Different countries (in this case different races...hell, different worlds, different realities) have different laws about it. Given how prevalent alcohol is in Pandaren society, it's likely that IF they have such laws governing alcohol, a minimum age probably isn't one of them.

And if all that logic isn't good enough for you, it's a video game :P

Glad I could help. /thread and stuff

Don't they drink wine in Italy when they're like... 8?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Dairy products more unhealthy then beer?

I always drink a glass of milk a day ^^
    #boycottchina

Alcohol consumption by minors isn't illegal everywhere, and it's not like having one sip is going to kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it matter?

It's a video game.

Might as well put Li Li smoking a fat blunt every quest...I mean, 14 year old kids smoke weed more than drink beer these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Dairy products more unhealthy then beer?

I always drink a glass of milk a day ^^
    RL milk is getting pretty bad these days (chemicals)

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Ahahah, true :P Italian here, I think I've always drank to some extent. I was offered beer when i was like 12 from my family, and... I remember me and some friends have once been stopped from the carabinieri with a tequila bottle, at night, and we were like 15. And after some talking, they just let us go without even bringing us to their office.

In topic, I guess for Pandaren Cubs drinking beer is a normal thing, like in some countries :P

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Wine is something your dad is typically trying to feed you when you're too young, with saying "it's good". So you actually try it and pout disgusted. I don't think there is an age for that to happen. Might be anywhere.
    And nobody here has problems with kids trying alcohol during family meals. We don't develop drinking problems more than other countries with strict rules. We have a food culture that includes drinking a glass of wine at lunch and generally relates alcohol with meals.